Reflection westbound TA '17 - Live(ish)

UKPete71

As well as gaining an hour as you cross the Atlantic, You also gain an hour as British summer time ends next Sunday 29.10.17.

I see the US don't change their clocks until 5th November so we won't get the extra change before we get to Fort Lauderdale as we arrive there on the 3rd.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Enjoying your review and will also,be on the Silly on Nov. 4th. Looking forward to Barcelona and hopefully will be going there as scheduled.

Barwick - we got a great price on our one way flight using Choice Air.

Vicky

Thank you UKPete71 for your posts. We're getting on the ship shortly after you all get off. This is the most information and photos I've seen of the Reflection and its nice to feel a bit more knowledgeable.

Thank you for doing this review, a TA is something we've never done but we do love sea days so we're def interested in booking one. I like the idea of gaining hours rather than losing them so a WB is what we'd look at. I'm reading that Port side balcony would give us more sun and sunsets, is that correct? Also, how did you find booking one way flights...is that much more expensive? We'd have to book one way to Rome and then a return one way from Ft. Lauderdale (or wherever we disembark). When do the fall TA's get released, if we were wanting to check out the similar one to this one for Fall 2019? Are there any sales on the beverage packages onboard since there aren't

any perks included? Sorry for all the questions and thank you again for posting and including pics!

Cathy

One way fares are inexpensive. Not to worry,

Good to read your experience on Reflection. We sailed on her in May and really enjoyed it. We sail on Eclipse on her TA this Saturday and really looking forward to it.

Btw if you speak to Julie again, send her our regards as we chatted a few times in May.

She's a lovely ship! I was just on her in April and Reflection is now my favorite. We'll be on her again Dec. 8.

I also give a thumbs up to the Reflection...doing her again for Greece and Italy in April...See our friends in the Reflection Suite and Pete must really enjoy her voyages too[emoji844]

Everyone enjoy...

The Celebrity Today for Saturday. I didn't get around to posting it this morning.

da1219c745b6ac8bd074fe08d5802c9a.jpg

214ca5d84aec81632cf81fe7d7e25f5c.jpg

4fd6a28e67dede76eb80c773c6f887be.jpg

c44316cf7ef199fda750a99ac90bfbcb.jpg

Today was the first day I put the highlighter I bought with me to use. And then I fixed a copy of the program to the cabin wall with some magnets so it could be quickly reviewed.

444fda6032afde7ae6a960bb9ab7da98.jpg

We have asked our stateroom attendant to leave two copies left each evening so we can keep one to take home as a record of our trip.

Thank you so much for your detailed posting. We haven't been on a Celebrity sailing since 2004 but have planned a cruise on Reflection for this upcoming February and it is great fun to see what we have to look forward to.

As a rule Choice Air has very reasonable one way fares. I have never found the Round trip to be cheap, I would book 2 separate one way fares. Lets say you are fly from (example) New York to Barcelona and then Ft Lauderdale to New York. I would book New York to Barcelona and then a one way Ft Lauderdale to New York. I live in San Francisco and my experience has been I can find a cheaper one way ticket from Ft Lauderdale to SFO just checking fares and not using choice air.

If you have any questions or my explanation doesnt make sense I can elaborate.

Norma

Thank you for doing this review, a TA is something we've never done but we do love sea days so we're def interested in booking one. I like the idea of gaining hours rather than losing them so a WB is what we'd look at. I'm reading that Port side balcony would give us more sun and sunsets, is that correct? Also, how did you find booking one way flights...is that much more expensive? We'd have to book one way to Rome and then a return one way from Ft. Lauderdale (or wherever we disembark). When do the fall TA's get released, if we were wanting to check out the similar one to this one for Fall 2019? Are there any sales on the beverage packages onboard since there aren't any perks included? Sorry for all the questions and thank you again for posting and including pics!

Cathy

As a rule Choice Air has very reasonable one way fares. I have never found the Round trip to be cheap, I would book 2 separate one way fares. Lets say you are fly from (example) New York to Barcelona and then Ft Lauderdale to New York. I would book New York to Barcelona and then a one way Ft Lauderdale to New York. I live in San Francisco and my experience has been I can find a cheaper one way ticket from Ft Lauderdale to SFO just checking fares and not using choice air.

Norma

We booked this cruise with a US travel agent so we could use Choice Air for a one-way flight from the US to the UK, as the price we paid with them is about 1/3 of what the same would have cost direct with the airline.

I couldn't see how to book two one-way flights as it either wanted a return or multi-city. After I had made one one-way booking it wouldn't let me make another with the same cruise reservation number.

Our other flight was booked with a UK carrier and there's no issue with one-way fares within Europe.

We booked this cruise with a US travel agent so we could use Choice Air for a one-way flight from the US to the UK, as the price we paid with them is about 1/3 of what the same would have cost direct with the airline.

I couldn't see how to book two one-way flights as it either wanted a return or multi-city. After I had made one one-way booking it wouldn't let me make another with the same cruise reservation number.

Our other flight was booked with a UK carrier and there's no issue with one-way fares within Europe.

Norma

Ok, now I'm really confused...so you're saying I can't book choice air from Canada? I need to book with a US travel agent? And referring to the line in red, I should just keep checking one way fares with my preferred airlines and not use Choice Air? I would probably book the cruise as soon as they're released in the next month or two but airfares aren't usually available until about a year out...do I sign up with Choice air when I book the cruise or can that be done later down the road when airfares are available to book online with the airline?

Sorry UKPete to get off topic but your posting is making a TA very attractive to us, not withstanding the airline booking process :confused:

Cathy

What a great idea! I make about 20 cups of hot tea a day; it has always been a challege on a cruise but not now. I will follow your example! BTW I am Polish:) Enjoy your cruise!

After the show we headed to the MDR. Earlier in the afternoon we saw the waiter we had had for the transatlantic in April and asked the restaurant hostess if we could be assigned to his area. Another familiar face for us. It's like we were at a home away from home.

The menus for Friday.

0a6bd41bd3ad84435c3ddcf62b4ab2bd.jpg

0f7225563839d741f69641ec76bd6175.jpg

After dinner we retired early. We have 6 time zone changes to make the most of over the next two weeks so an early night was welcome.

On the way back to our stateroom we did make a diversion via Oceanview Cafe to get some jelly beans. Some sweets in the stateroom are always welcome.

d64a0b9466101a20dc69d7caf96c326b.jpg

When we saw our stateroom attendant after boarding we asked if he could get us a kettle. He was unsure initially, but came up trumps quickly.

Whilst in Oceanview Cafe we grabbed a couple of mugs, tea bags and milk. A cup of tea in the morning before leaving our stateroom is a must. I guess it's the British in us.

9289d1d19be7a013ff10465c5429a34e.jpg

Choice air from Celebrity is not available in several countries including Mexico, We have booked several cruises with air from Texas with US TA. One way air price is like round trip price, also is more expensive that a TA. Me and DW planning a Europe vacation with East and West bound TA. Still undecided if spring or autumn season.

UKPete71 thank you for sharing, we are learning with your review.

Thank you for posting your live review. We were on this cruise last year ( I keep seeing the Facebook reminders from 1 year ago!) so it is great to live through it again on your blog. I hope you are having a wonderful cruise and enjoy dinner in Murano tonight!

Ok, now I'm really confused...so you're saying I can't book choice air from Canada? I need to book with a US travel agent? And referring to the line in red, I should just keep checking one way fares with my preferred airlines and not use Choice Air? I would probably book the cruise as soon as they're released in the next month or two but airfares aren't usually available until about a year out...do I sign up with Choice air when I book the cruise or can that be done later down the road when airfares are available to book online with the airline?

Sorry UKPete to get off topic but your posting is making a TA very attractive to us, not withstanding the airline booking process :confused:

Cathy

When I asked Celebrity I was told Choice Air was only available for US and Canada reservations.

You can't book Choice Air without a reservation number as that is required when booking the flights. The flights are then linked to your reservation and the show on our Guest Ticket Booklet.

Ok, so I've a bit of catch up to do.

We ate in Murano last night. The food and service were amazing. We are booked on Reflection again next August for my MiL's 75th birthday and we are thinking that we will take her there for her birthday. She will love the table side preparation of the lobster.

39c2a7a55cc882a1a1545015fb18f6f3.jpg

7531be0ce4d7e1b83527678c729fea0b.jpg

1218e5d4d8836bd7141d1d2238bf6afe.jpg

dd861b58f58c5d17fdca1a0ac8678ed9.jpg