moody blues cruise 2018

wyethwashington

nooooooooo...not another old band who was finished years ago

Wrong on this one. I just saw them last month in Vegas and they were very good. But feel free to stay home if you like, more room for Moody fans to enjoy.

Saw them in Atlantic City a couple years ago at the Borgata, FABulous as ever! Then last year saw Justin Heyward at the same venue. Even better solo, with some backup. Justin was my teenage heartthrob! Our friends went on the last Moodies cruise, but we don't take less than 7 night cruises. They loved it, and said it was well worth it. If you're a Moodies fan, imagine every bit of entertainment as their live music! And hanging out with them at the Martini Bar!

Woohooo!

• 11 months later...
Moody Blues Cruise- Celebrity Eclipse- January 2-7, 2018

Georgetown, Grand Cayman and Cozumel.

Wow, just found this roll call after joining another roll a few months ago which no one is active just crickets :(:(:( so hopefully this roll call is still active since I noticed no activity since 2016. Well the hubby and I are on this party boat and getting ready to rock and roll.

Gladys

Well, this isn't a roll call. This is just a post on the main board. You might want to actually check for a roll call in the roll call forum.

Well actually there is but no one is active on it, I've been trying to keep it going but ready to give up, but thanks for the information. Was hoping maybe this one would have been a goid possibility to start to connect with other cruisers😕😕, so again thanks.

Gladys

The cruise has been booked for some time. When I heard of it I signed up on a wait list but turns out the wait list had thousands of people on it (I think I remember 4,000 but I could be wrong). It is more than just the Moody Blues. There are all kinds of other 60's and early 70's rock groups. I was hoping to see our homeboys, the Ides of March - great guys.

We are sailing on the cruise right after it so I had hoped to be able to do a B2B. No such luck.

The cruise has been booked for some time. When I heard of it I signed up on a wait list but turns out the wait list had thousands of people on it (I think I remember 4,000 but I could be wrong). It is more than just the Moody Blues. There are all kinds of other 60's and early 70's rock groups. I was hoping to see our homeboys, the Ides of March - great guys.

We are sailing on the cruise right after it so I had hoped to be able to do a B2B. No such luck.

Sorry to hear that. We also were on the wait list, heard about it last august 2016 and put ourselves on the wait list back then amd was emailed this past june that cabins became available so of course we jumped on it and we had just returned in May from an 11 day Mediterranean on NCL. There is a 70s romantic cruise in march that actually has a contest that you can sign up for every 24 hours, it ends in January just as we're coming back from the moody blues cruise. Its worth checking out and you never know, start entering every day and you may be surprised.

Gladys

The Moody Blues were my "go to " band for years in my teens! Have seen them twice since we've gotten old....they still rock! (Even tho', some of them can't stand for long!!! Lol!...my the time's are 'a changing"!)

I hear you, I was joking with the hubby and some friends saying that its going to be quit a show on board ship, a good part of the entertainment is going to be watching a bunch of 50 60 and 70 year olds partying like they're back in the 60's and 70's again😂😂😂😂

Not sure but the original roll call was started by the original cruisers abd then it was just dropped and some moody blues cruisers picked it up. I joined it after I found it but already by then there hadn't been any activity on it for almost a year, apparently there are more people on the Facebook page but I'm not on Facebook and dont plan to be plus you get to know the people more through the roll calls from my experience not so much through Facebook.

Gladys

😆😆😆wow, for this not being the actual roll call,I've sure been getting more activity on it about the cruise then I have been ,now I just wish thete was actually moody blues cruisers on this. Thanks everyone who has responded, really appreciated it.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm going on the Moody Blues cruise and really looking forward to it and spending New Years Eve and Day in Miami.

I've tried to look at the other roll call but the first pages are all complaints about the original cruise being cancelled. Do you think we should just start a new one ? Are we allowed to start a new one ? Surely the moderators should let us since the people on that roll call are no longer going on that cruise on that date.

I hear you:(:(:(, I'm not sure if we can do it but it's worth a try. I can try and see if I can start another roll call and actually start it by saying its a moody blues cruise and then put the date and see what happens, never know if you dont try, if it doesnt work then I'll try to contact support and shot them an email to see what we can do, so here I go, lets see what happens.

Gladys