Celebrity REVAMPED???? Website

gowilk

Anyone check out this new variety of the worst website in the cruise industry. I’m leaving next week for the constellation and I’ve learned from past frustrations to expect problems from the website but their new revamp has apparently taken things to new lows.

1. Website speed??? Probably great with a cable modem otherwise yuck!!!

2. Print luggage tags? Ahhh not so much

3. Review air travel??? It has me leaving before the ships get there. Outgoing it was off 7 hours, coming back off by 8 hours ...maybe the time the programmers live in???

4. Print travel docs....don’t know as I can’t find it.

At some point Miami should realize that this costs them business...I’ve never skipped a cruise because of this but it certainly makes people think that they are less than a premium cruise line as it always takes an hour or more to make certain that things are correct.. is this revamp 9 or 10...inquiring minds need to know

WE'D LIKE YOU TO KNOW We're working to improve your experience booking shore excursions for your vacation.

Where I come from this is what we call peeing on your leg and telling you it's raining.

Two cruises, booked with a TA. One, 35 days from now, has been paid in full, online check in done, Xpress pass printed, luggage tags ordered and delivered, E-docs printed (with difficulty), the other a year away. When I sign in and click My Reservations, Manage My reservation both tell me to complete pending items before checking in. When I click Travel Arrangements, both tell me to complete my booking prior to making Travel Arrangements. If I click on Profile, all of my information is missing. I click Edit and fill in all the info, name, address, passport info, click Save. I get a green bordered box that says Success! Your information has been saved. If I log out and go back everything's blank again. I've done this too many times to count. I've been working with IT on this for 5 months!

Spent 2 hours trying to print out luggage tags and edocs. Got nowhere.

Got smart and got our TA to print them out through the agents side. She said it was a chore doing it that way.

This is only our second Celebrity cruise. Because of this website it may be our last.

This is only our second Celebrity cruise. Because of this website it may be our last.

John,

Celebrity's web is definitely not the best. But, hopefully, the on board experience will be good for you. :)

Yes, I got that too this morning. I had been having decent luck, though I had to print my X-press pass by logging into Celebrity on my phone. I was checking to order luggage tags on a 12-12 sailing....This is the first time I've not been able to access the res. We all agree the website is a nightmare :eek:

After calling Celebrity numerous times regarding registering online for my e-docks etc, this was the advice I was given;

just give up and on the day of embarkation stand on line with your Passport & Credit card and the Agent that does your paperwork will fill in the necessary information online for you to board. Can you just imagine what insanity that would cause if everyone did that? If you start to see extra long lines while checking in, people may have just given up and will let the Celebrity Gate Agent deal with the Horrible Website :eek:

d

Edited by happy 2 b cruising

After calling Celebrity numerous times regarding registering online for my e-docks etc, this was the advice I was given;

just give up and on the day of embarkation stand on line with your Passport & Credit card and the Agent that does your paperwork will fill in the necessary information online for you to board. Can you just imagine what insanity that would cause if everyone did that? If you start to see extra long lines while checking in, people may have just given up and will let the Celebrity Gate Agent deal with the Horrible Website :eek:

d

Someone at Celebrity actually said that to you?

d

Try this to get your E-docs and printable luggage tags from a PC.

1. Log OUT of your account.

2. Clear your cookies and cache.

3. Open an incognito window on your browser. (I find Edge and Chrome work best)

4. Instead of logging in with user name and password, click on "Check IN' at the upper right hand corner of the X home page

5. Manually enter your reservation number, name ship and sail date and click enter

6. At the top is a tab to check for luggage tags. Click it.

7. This will take you to a page that looks like the old Celebrity site.

8. Scroll to near the bottom. On the left, in a box with a blue border it says Print Luggage Tags. Click it.

9. This will take you to your E-docs. On the last few pages you can print your tags, or you can print the entire document.

Hope this helps!. BTW, on that last page before you click Print Luggage Tags on the right hand side of the page about midway down is Order History. I clicked that and found my missing purchases that don't show up in the Order History when I log in with user name/password and present and accounted for!

4. Instead of logging in with user name and password, click on "Check IN' at the upper right hand corner of the X home page

5. Manually enter your reservation number, name ship and sail date and click enter

8. Scroll to near the bottom. On the left, in a box with a blue border it says Print Luggage Tags. Click it.

9. This will take you to your E-docs. On the last few pages you can print your tags, or you can print the entire document.

Hope this helps!. BTW, on that last page before you click Print Luggage Tags on the right hand side of the page about midway down is Order History. I clicked that and found my missing purchases that don't show up in the Order History when I log in with user name/password and present and accounted for!

While that is a "workaround"........

A) It should not be so difficult to achieve this result

B) The system should be more intuitive as many are not tech savvy enough to sort this

C) Celebrity REALLY need to fix their IT systems

D) Unless they fix their website they will continue to bleed business to competitors like Princess who have far superior websites in every respect

While that is a "workaround"........

A) It should not be so difficult to achieve this result

B) The system should be more intuitive as many are not tech savvy enough to sort this

C) Celebrity REALLY need to fix their IT systems

D) Unless they fix their website they will continue to bleed business to competitors like Princess who have far superior websites in every respect

I couldn't agree more.

I feel lucky I have a TA.If not I would have been one of those people standing in line waiting for overworked personnel did the work the website should have been doing. Should not have to do a work around that would have most people more lost than they were to start with. It`s like they don`t care what people think or it would have been fixed long ago.

Thanks so much, I finally can see my calendar and Order History this way! Surprisingly I had no issues with the Check-In process and Xpress Pass.

Hello! Celebrity, are you there? Are you reading these posts? Please hire an IT department to address these problems!

It's obvious by their actions of the last 5 years or so that this isn't going to change. This is nothing new. The old website was crap, this one is crap. But at least I could buy an excursion on the old one. Just tried to add an excursion on our upcoming cruise, no dice.

Actually it isn't a nightmare to just show up with passport and credit card in hand and have the check-in agents handle it for you. Lots of people do it all the time; they misplaced their Xpress pass, or packed it, or spilled coffee on it, or don't have a printer, or don't have internet access, or never knew they were supposed to check in on line. Or, like me, they have given up fighting with the website. So many reasons. It isn't a big deal and adds maybe five minutes to the check-in process.

My cousin just showed up with the bare minimum and was onboard within a few minutes. I guess they understand the frustration people have too. Yes, it should not be that way, but it is what it is...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Spent 30 minutes on the phone to Celebrity regarding their diabolical website. When calling the options to choose now nclude a having problems with our website? Press 5.

We are due shortly to pay in full for a b2b in the Far East but can't even access the excursions section of the website. The woman I spoke to said the best option is to telephone to book excursions ( be prepared to wait ages for call to be answered). She also said to call to do the online check ins and they will email set sail passes etc.

Their telephone line is at a premium rate and I complained about the cost and they then offered to reimburse the cost of my calls. I didn't do this.

People are saying that the onboard Celebrity experience is so much better than the website which is true but we are seriously thinking about not using this company again after thus booking.

There are issues with everything nowadays; unfortunately this isn’t new. I have found that the simple life is gone and has been replaced by technology. When it works, it is wonderful; however that is 50/50., so I choose my thoughts and take no prisoners. I breathe and move forward...that is life, but the sea keeps on calling! Taking care of an elderly parent has changed my life in many ways...perspective!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums