Day Resorts

babs135

One of our ports of call on our upcoming cruise is Ocho Rios in Jamaica. Looking at the shore excursions nothing appeals but what I did see is a number of Day Resorts. My question is if nothing appeals I would stay on board with all the facilities I've paid for and a much less crowded ship; so what's the attraction of forking out sometimes a large amount of money when you probably could do most, if not all, on or around the ship?

One of our ports of call on our upcoming cruise is Ocho Rios in Jamaica. Looking at the shore excursions nothing appeals but what I did see is a number of Day Resorts. My question is if nothing appeals I would stay on board with all the facilities I've paid for and a much less crowded ship; so what's the attraction of forking out sometimes a large amount of money when you probably could do most, if not all, on or around the ship?

Hi

For the people that choose to do that it is just a different venue for them to enjoy.

Just as you could choose to never get off the ship, why do you? Obviously the $50-$100 extra that they may spend is not an issue (not what they consider a large amount of money). Considering that in a port like Ocho Rios if all you wanted to do was sit on a nice beach for a few hours you just have to walk about 10 min. and spend about $5. Why would anyone spend more? Because that is their choice. :) Isn't nice to have choices?

hope this helps

I agree totally with you, and have always wondered the same, when we pretty much have a "resort day" on the ship. I can see getting off the ship to shop, go to a beach, do an excursion, etc. But I really don't care how others choose to spend their money.

Hi

For the people that choose to do that it is just a different venue for them to enjoy.

Just as you could choose to never get off the ship, why do you? Obviously the $50-$100 extra that they may spend is not an issue (not what they consider a large amount of money). Considering that in a port like Ocho Rios if all you wanted to do was sit on a nice beach for a few hours you just have to walk about 10 min. and spend about $5. Why would anyone spend more? Because that is their choice. :) Isn't nice to have choices?

hope this helps

Well it certainly helps us Nic. I've been struggling to find ideas for Ocho and this appeals. Can you tell me which beach you are referring to? I've had bad experiences in other parts of Jamaica. Is it safe to walk to this particular beach?

If you're looking into a resort, Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa is absolutely fantastic. Transfers, food, drink, pool, swim up bar, beach, etc are all included. The resort itself is beautiful and adult only. Probably my favorite stop I've ever had

If you're looking into a resort, Jewel Dunn's River Beach Resort & Spa is absolutely fantastic. Transfers, food, drink, pool, swim up bar, beach, etc are all included. The resort itself is beautiful and adult only. Probably my favorite stop I've ever had

Sounds perfect. I'll take a look. Thanks. :)

Well it certainly helps us Nic. I've been struggling to find ideas for Ocho and this appeals. Can you tell me which beach you are referring to? I've had bad experiences in other parts of Jamaica. Is it safe to walk to this particular beach?

Hi

Here is a link to trip advisor for that beach. It is called the Ocho Rios Bay beach. You can see it from the ship. Looking towards land you can see it on the left hand side. It is just a short walk. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g147312-d538092-r533220122-Ocho_Rios_Bay_Beach-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

The beach itself is in a fenced in area, so you don't get the vendors coming in selling their wares. The 10 min. walk to the beach is a safe area. You will have people approaching to sell things as well as shopkeepers along. No different than many other ports of call. Buy something with the money you didn't spend going to a resort. I would suggest shopping on the way back.

have a great cruise

Hi

Here is a link to trip advisor for that beach. It is called the Ocho Rios Bay beach. You can see it from the ship. Looking towards land you can see it on the left hand side. It is just a short walk. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserReviews-g147312-d538092-r533220122-Ocho_Rios_Bay_Beach-Ocho_Rios_Saint_Ann_Parish_Jamaica.html

The beach itself is in a fenced in area, so you don't get the vendors coming in selling their wares. The 10 min. walk to the beach is a safe area. You will have people approaching to sell things as well as shopkeepers along. No different than many other ports of call. Buy something with the money you didn't spend going to a resort. I would suggest shopping on the way back.

have a great cruise

Thanks Nic. Not long for you now. Have a good one.