Labadee suggestions

cruising sister

Adrenaline beach by the new mini cabanettes (for lack of a better word) is quiet, but the ocean around here tends to be rocky.

The far side of Columbus has a tendency to be less crowded due to the distance

Nellies is usually very busy due to all the activities here.

Enjoy Labadee, we do

Safe travels.

When you get there, simply wander about....it's no larger than it was before...just more "built up"...what is a quiet place this trip, might not be for the next ship....

The area used by Royal Caribbean is CONSIDERABLY larger than it was before.

I was going to say the same thing, but started "second guessing myself"

LOVE LABADEE........:)

I so agree.

We are doing the Eastern next August on Allure and it has a stop in Labadee, we were so excited to see this and thought we would book a change of itineraries from the western this year.

Was really surprised to see this.

Safe travels.

We were just there last week. We went to the left as we got off of the pier, to the swimming beach area near the cabanas. It had lounge chairs and nearby restrooms as well as lunch service. There were small rocks in the water but if you wear water shoes (I'm not sure what the exact name is but they are black and fit tightly on your foot) you'll be fine.

Here is one of the new maps of Labadee.

22938512899_cc00150d1c_b.jpg

Adrenaline beach, the water was murky with seaweed and rocks. To bottom felt like mud. We liked Nellies beach much better. Sandy and clear. Didn't try Columbus Cove yet.

Enjoy

2 words.

MALFINI BEACH.

It's an excursion. One of the best, quietest, gilligan island type beaches I have ever been to. No food there, you gotta bring it. Really though, probably the best beach I have ever been to, if you're looking for that lost paradise - shangri-la type beach.

Edited by Moltar

We were just there last week. We went to the left as we got off of the pier, to the swimming beach area near the cabanas. It had lounge chairs and nearby restrooms as well as lunch service. There were small rocks in the water but if you wear water shoes (I'm not sure what the exact name is but they are black and fit tightly on your foot) you'll be fine.

LOL! :D I love your post! Water shoes do come in other colors besides black, some are quite festive looking. :D

People who complain about the rough beach at Labadee are generally the ones who head to Adrenaline Beach, the beach under the zip line. This beach is popular as those who just wander off the ship tend to head there. However, it is rough and rocky and not the best choice for enjoying a beach day. The best sandy beaches are Colombus Cove and Nellie's Beach. Take the free shuttle boat located right on the main boat dock and it will save you walking all the way to the far end where these good beaches are located. If you want to kayak or stand up paddle board, head to Nellie's Beach. Colombus Cove is much larger and generally less crowded. The shuttle boat doesn't take you back to the ship, but you can jump on one of the trams if you don't wish to walk back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...