Classic drinking package

esper10

We are cruising tomorrow so today I was looking at my planner and noticed that we have a classic drinking package. It is because we booked on board of the ship LONG time ago and we forgot all about this. So can someone explain to me. Will it includes specialty coffee? What about water? Celebrity told me about the limit in price by any chance someone remember the prices for beer,wine,soft drinks? I was told theat if it is over the limit than we pay the difference but than again I read that we pay for the whole drink. Do they have specific drinks we must use? And finally is it truly unlimited? Our friends will expect some. We are Elite so we can go to happy hours . We don’t want a big list of charges unexpectedly. Thanks please reply soon if possible

It is unlimited for each person. Each person has to have the package. Since April you have only to pay the difference plus 18% . You can get specialty coffees in Cafe Bacio. If you order a wine over the limit you pay 1.18 for each dollar that is over the limits. Martinis are over the limit but you can get many other drinks. It will be clear when you get on board. They also will try to get you to upgrade to the premium for 11 per day more. My husband had the premium package and I kept the classic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Classic package includes the speciality coffees. Bottled water, fresh squeezed juice and soda in addition to the alcohol. You can get a wide variety of drinks within the package limit of $9. Drinks at the World Class bar are above the Classic package as are the large Martinis at the Martini Bar.

What you can't get is drinks for your friends. The package can't be shared and if you attempt to they can revoke your package.

Esper10, the bar staff are very good at detecting "sharing" and will politely point out that you cannot use your packaage to buy drinks for your friends. If you try to order two drinks on one card, they will ask for your .seaPass card to charge you for the second drink. If you order a drink on your beverage card and hand it to your friend, they can revoke your beverage package. Don't chance an ambarrassing and possibly expensive action.

Esper10, the bar staff are very good at detecting "sharing" and will politely point out that you cannot use your packaage to buy drinks for your friends. If you try to order two drinks on one card, they will ask for your .seaPass card to charge you for the second drink. If you order a drink on your beverage card and hand it to your friend, they can revoke your beverage package. Don't chance an ambarrassing and possibly expensive action.

Last month on the silhouette we had the premium package when we order a cocktail all the time they serve us the house liquor which is the least expensive many times I refuse with out any argument If you don't ask that's what you will get

Next time we will take the classic package

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Last month on the silhouette we had the premium package when we order a cocktail all the time they serve us the house liquor which is the least expensive many times I refuse with out any argument If you don't ask that's what you will get

Next time we will take the classic package

You will get the well booze unless you specify something different when ordering. If you order a vodka and soda you will get the well Vodka. If you want Grey Goose, you need to ask for it. Premium package does not mean they make they will make standard drinks any differently automatically. The bar staff are not psychic, you do have to tell them your preferred brand. The well liquor is decent on Celebrity. You're not getting terrible stuff but if you have the premium and feel the need to call your liquor you can. I upgrade specifically so I can get Macallan and specialty cocktails (martinis and World Class drinks).

We've had the classic beverage package on our last 4 cruises and haven't needed to upgrade. Our next cruise is the first since the changes that allow us to pay the difference between the classic allowance and the drink cost of any drink that exceeds the allowance. It will be interesting to find out if we notice any difference in our favorites.

Next time we will take the classic packa

I will upgrade to the premium because the the martinis. For margaritas can I just ask for the most expensive tequila and not by brand name?

We are sailing for the first time with Celebrity next month on the Eclipse. We have the Classic DP and I have read most posts relating to what's available. Unfortunately what I can't discover is whether my OH can order a pint ( not a half)! He will drink lager or beer.

You will be fine with the Classic package unless you drink loots of booze like Grey Goose ,Macallan, Black Label..etc etc

For is not worth the extra $$

I will upgrade to the premium because the the martinis. For margaritas can I just ask for the most expensive tequila and not by brand name?

Yeah, because that's classy!

We are sailing for the first time with Celebrity next month on the Eclipse. We have the Classic DP and I have read most posts relating to what's available. Unfortunately what I can't discover is whether my OH can order a pint ( not a half)! He will drink lager or beer.

Beer is rarely draft and is usually sold by the bottle or can. Most aluminum cans are US pint (16oz) size.

In all honesty we don’t really need the package. We don’t drink hardly, we go to happy hours and I will worry of getting a list of charges at the end of the cruise just wanted to know. May be coffee now and than.

Whether you drink much or not is irrelevant. You still can't buy drinks for others.

If you think you can buck the system and risk ruining it for everyone, then go ahead. I hope I'm sitting within earshot when they revoke your package!

The Classic package includes the speciality coffees. Bottled water, fresh squeezed juice and soda in addition to the alcohol. You can get a wide variety of drinks within the package limit of $9. Drinks at the World Class bar are above the Classic package as are the large Martinis at the Martini Bar.

What you can't get is drinks for your friends. The package can't be shared and if you attempt to they can revoke your package.

Hello. We called Celebrity to ask exactly what was included in the classic beverage package and were told that water is NOT included. Sodas are included but NOT water. I'm hoping that this information wasn't correct.

Slightly wrong.

You can get standard bottled water but not the 'Premium' stuff (S. Peligrino, Evian, etc.) unless you upgrade the package.

Thanks so much. Wow, this is really confusing. Hubby was told on the phone that NO bottled water was available on the classic package, standard or premium. He was told that in order to get water, we would have to also purchase the water package. Interesting...

Thanks so much. Wow, this is really confusing. Hubby was told on the phone that NO bottled water was available on the classic package, standard or premium. He was told that in order to get water, we would have to also purchase the water package. Interesting...

Unfortunately the call center reps frequently are misinformed. This is just another case of incorrect information.

Beer is rarely draft and is usually sold by the bottle or can. Most aluminum cans are US pint (16oz) size.

Thanks.

Is there no draft lager or beer on Eclipse.

Most cans are 12oz same as the bottles. There are a few larger ones like Boddingtons or the aluminum bottles that Bud uses are 16oz. Yes there is draft beer at some bars but only a couple of choices, Heineken is the only one I can remember for sure.