cruising out of Mobile. have ?s

Mntbiker2008

We are cruising out of Mobile next year (October....I know... I am way ahead of myself) and I am trying to figure out if it would be better to do the park and cruise package at one of the hotels or to park at the terminal. I have seen numerous stories about how long the lines are for just getting into the terminal. Just trying to see what everyone else would do? We are going to be driving down from OH with a 5 year old so trying to limit as much aggravation/waiting with a more than likely impatient child.

I have not had that much trouble with the port terminal parking. The little kiosk to pay for the parking are not the best. Just remember/write down what level you are on and it's not bad. Leaving isn't that much trouble either. My biggest issue is that my GPS is a big fat liar mcLiarton and likes to take me on downtown sightseeing adventures.

We cruised out of Mobile about 3 weeks ago. We parked at the terminal and it was a breeze. We pre-paid the parking so we did not have to use the kiosk. We pulled in, dropped our luggage off w/the porter, parked the car and walked right in...easy peasy...and very easy when leaving..didnt have to wait for a shuttle..walked off the ship, through customs, up the elevator and into our car.

I have not had that much trouble with the port terminal parking. The little kiosk to pay for the parking are not the best. Just remember/write down what level you are on and it's not bad. Leaving isn't that much trouble either. My biggest issue is that my GPS is a big fat liar mcLiarton and likes to take me on downtown sightseeing adventures.

OnStar had us all mixed up trying to get to the port. We stayed in Spanish Fort the night before and parked at the terminal. The whole parking took about 10 minutes in line, 15 minutes to unload and get parked. I paid on my phone while we were in line.

We have cruised out Mobile 3 times and the first time we parked out the terminal. It was a complete and total nightmare! The other 2 times we have used to park and cruise package at the Microtel in Saraland. If we ever cruise from Mobile again, we will stay at the Microtel.

I parked at the port a couple of weeks ago. It was very easy. I prepaid for parking online - you just have to enter your license plate -- we pulled in at 11 am with no line to park. You can also pay via text or at kiosks as you exit the garage to the cruise terminal.