Internet - Celebrity Infinity

aprince

Veteran cruiser looking for specific details of Internet Options on Celeb-Infinity. From what I can find out, there is one option - one package for unlimited use for the entire time. I am looking at a 15dayer coming up so the price is just under $300. Specific questions I have:

1) Is this package per device or with username/password? (can I use a laptop for a while and then the wife user her ipad later with the understanding that likely both cannot be used at the same time) (or is this usage locked to a single device)?

2) Is there a "Social media" package that gives access to only Facebook or similar rather than the full Internet (I think Carnival does this)?

Many thanx all!

Jerry

Also, FYI, there is a more than better chance that mid-way through your cruise they may offer a special deal - often 50% off a package. So if you have any minutes from a Captains Club status, and/or can find internet on your smart phone in port enough to satisfy you for part of the time, you may want to consider waiting. Depends how much you need/want to stay connected.

To make sure the other answer was clear, you get the package per userid (your seapass card#) and password. You can use that connection on one device at a time.

interesting internet question , WiFi is such a standard product Now a days . I find it very EXPENSIVE and inconvenient , Celebrity could make an office or library zone as a OPEN WIFI Zone , If they could not offer free wifi to all state rooms ,

We had used the internet on a cruise in 2014. We found it to be very hit and miss. We would be on line and then all of a sudden would not have service. The time that we bought does NOT stop if that happens and you wind up paying for time that you are not even on line. I found that using wi fi in ports worked out so much better and it was FREE.

interesting internet question , WiFi is such a standard product Now a days . I find it very EXPENSIVE and inconvenient , Celebrity could make an office or library zone as a OPEN WIFI Zone , If they could not offer free wifi to all state rooms ,

It's a very different situation on a ship versus sitting in your local Starbucks. You are comparing a land-based system paid for by millions of users with cell towers every few miles (or less). Versus a ship which has to have a satellite system, the system is paid for by a few users (us and the ship). I still think they are raping us but the cost of internet on a ship is not going to be the same as the cost on land. they could certainly make it "free" by adding the cost to the cruise fare. Spreading it across all 2000 cabins would certainly make it more affordable, but they may not have the bandwidth to accommodate that many users.