Dec. 10th Eclipse Port Keeps Changing

Podie

Is anyone else having a problem with their ports being changed to replace St. Maarten? My cruise's replacement port has gone from Punta Cana to St. Croix and now some of the passengers have received word we're going to Nassau instead. Just curious to see what others are experiencing.

We are in the same boat, haha, as you, I was excited about St. Marten, Punta Cana and St. Croix, I haven't received official word about Nassau but I understand others have. I would like it to be settled and for what its worth I don't really want to go to Nassau but.... still going to be a great trip. I want to know if the schedule of sea days has changed to as we booked some tours already privately and I need to alter the schedule.

Due to Hurricanes Irma and Maria, you can expect further port changes. Our cruise for Dec 8th has had 3 changes and I seriously doubt we'll be going to St. Thomas as they are saying now. The good news is we'll all be on vacation and I don't care if we end up with 10 seas days. I won't be cooking, shopping, cleaning or anything thing else I don't want to do!

We are on Dec 8th Reflection and are diffently going to St. Thomas and Martinique ! It was confirmed by Celebrity on Wed and a e-mail from my T.A. today. Celebrity says that their site will be corrected by Monday with all current sailings. This is the 3rd. change for us and do not really want to go to St. Thomas again [4th time] but St. Croix is in bad shape and still has a curfew at night. Just going to hang out in town ,eat and see some biz friends of ours.

Due to Hurricanes Irma and Maria, you can expect further port changes. Our cruise for Dec 8th has had 3 changes and I seriously doubt we'll be going to St. Thomas as they are saying now. The good news is we'll all be on vacation and I don't care if we end up with 10 seas days. I won't be cooking, shopping, cleaning or anything thing else I don't want to do!

:cool:LIKE!

Hi all, I thought I posted this yesterday but I guess I just thought about it. :) we received a call yesterday, the message said we are going to Bahamas, it didn't specify Nassau but I am assuming since the rest have heard that. I know it's not what many of us planned for but it's still going to be a great time!!

I saw a report that St Thomas would be opening shortly. Hopefully that will be true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is what it is, so all those on the Eclipse 10 Dec cruise, why complain on the other boards??? You are not going to change things by complaining to those that don’t have a stake in the game. It has not been officially announced, but we need to deal with it either way.

I've learned over the years that cruiselines, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity in particular, do monitor these boards for customer comments. That's why I've mentioned this on two CC boards. I've written to Celebrity twice and have received no answer, so it's time to try this route. I want to know where we are going, once and for all, and if it's Nassau, I believe we are all owed some OBC.

You want to know once and for all what the situation will be more than six weeks from now in a region that was devastated by weather, where multiple ships are having to change itineraries and where the number of appropriate ports is limited? Why do you need to know now? Don't forget, hurricane season isn't even over. The situation is far too volatile to give you an answer today that wouldnt be subject to further changes later.

I want to know where we are going, once and for all, and if it's Nassau, I believe we are all owed some OBC.

You have over a month to go for your cruise. What's the hurry? There are lots of ships cruising the Caribbean that are trying to adjust their port calls without knowing what the islands can manage. Patience and sympathy for the islanders as they try to recover seems the best way to look ahead.

Why would you expect an obc if you can't stop at a certain port?:eek: Port changes happen all the time due to weather conditions. And this case certainly isn't the fault of the cruiseline.

I've learned over the years that cruiselines, Royal Caribbean and Celebrity in particular, do monitor these boards for customer comments. That's why I've mentioned this on two CC boards. I've written to Celebrity twice and have received no answer, so it's time to try this route. I want to know where we are going, once and for all, and if it's Nassau, I believe we are all owed some OBC.

I don't mean to be rude, but it is still over a month away and it could change again several more times. Worrying about one port of call is just silly, and expecting an OBC for something out of their control is even more silly. I can't believe everyone on the roll call is emailing Celebrity over this.

I'd want to know,..

They are obviously hoping to open ports that are really not going to offer very much beyond a pier area ...thus the last minute changes!

Those who are past final payment have no real options other than accept and adjust...but others could still cancel. We did, no regrets,

I don't mean to be rude, but it is still over a month away and it could change again several more times. Worrying about one port of call is just silly, and expecting an OBC for something out of their control is even more silly. I can't believe everyone on the roll call is emailing Celebrity over this.

Agree! We are on this sailing and have not heard anything from Celebrity about the change to Nassau, however, we will go wherever the ship takes us and have an amazing time as usual, and we would never think to ask for OBC due to a port change, ESPECIALLY due to acts of nature.

Agree! We are on this sailing and have not heard anything from Celebrity about the change to Nassau, however, we will go wherever the ship takes us and have an amazing time as usual, and we would never think to ask for OBC due to a port change, ESPECIALLY due to acts of nature.

I feel more sorry for the people of the islands, recovery doesn’t happen over night, it can take years. Also the scheduling of the ports is probably more to it than just saying we want to go here. The ports only have so many berths, and can only handle so many ships at one time, and it’s not just Celebrity ships looking to change ports it is all of the cruise lines. Wherever we go will most likely be over crowded.

As you said we will go wherever the ship takes us, and I’m sure we will have a fantastic time.

I feel more sorry for the people of the islands, recovery doesn’t happen over night, it can take years. Also the scheduling of the ports is probably more to it than just saying we want to go here. The ports only have so many berths, and can only handle so many ships at one time, and it’s not just Celebrity ships looking to change ports it is all of the cruise lines. Wherever we go will most likely be over crowded.

As you said we will go wherever the ship takes us, and I’m sure we will have a fantastic time.

I did get a voicemail about the change...Not thrilled, but like you, we will still have a fantastic time. Hope to run into you on-board!

We are on the Celebrity Summit on the 30th December and have just been notified of our 3rd port change - St Croix. We are now stopping at St Thomas instead. We've nothing against St Thomas but the whole reason we booked the cruise was to visit the Cruzan Rum factory on St Croix :(