LA Cruise Clothes...

mmarche

Good Morning,

I am looking for places to shop while on a layover in LA. I am heading to Tahiti for a Paul Gauguin cruise in November and I have a 1.5 day layover. I am looking for somewhere to find some "Country Club Casual" type of clothing for the cruise. I have never been to LA before, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Good Morning,

I am looking for places to shop while on a layover in LA. I am heading to Tahiti for a Paul Gauguin cruise in November and I have a 1.5 day layover. I am looking for somewhere to find some "Country Club Casual" type of clothing for the cruise. I have never been to LA before, any suggestions would be appreciated.

LA is a BIG city...and the places to shop are many...A lot depends on where you are staying, what sort of transportation you wish to use and what your budget is...If you are looking for a large shopping mall of some sort--with everything from small shops to major department stores, there are several of those...which may or may not be convenient for you depending, again, on where you are staying and on your mode of transportation.

If, for some odd reason, for example, you are staying near LAX, there is a mall called "Manhattan Village":

http://www.shopmanhattanvillage.com/

...which you can easily get to by a quick Uber ride or even by public bus (line 232)...a few minutes from LAX.

If you are staying in San Pedro near the cruise terminal, you may want to take an Uber to the Del Amo mall in Torrance...one of the largest shopping malls in the US:

http://www.simon.com/mall/del-amo-fashion-center

Lots of other places depending on where you are staying...

Thanks! We are actually staying in Santa Monica. But we do not mind going to other areas.

Staying in Santa Monica, shopping is easy...You will find numerous shops along the Third Street Promenade...and, at one end of the Third Street Promenade, just across Broadway...or a block off the Santa Monica Pier up Colorado, is a large mall anchored by Bloomingdale's and Nordstrom...