Carnival Legend March 2018

VK3DQ

Hi Folks

I grabbed what I thought was a bargain deal

10 days South Pacific on Carnival Legend EX Melbourne March 6th 2018

Balcony Guarantee

First 2 passengers $829 + $160.60 tax and port costs

3 Rd Passenger $359.40 + 160.60 Tax and port costs

so a quick 10 days up to New Caledonia and return to Melbourne for 3 Persons for $2500 .00

My question is will I be able to live with the ships somewhat "garish" decor ??

It sails one day prior to the Wifes birthday so I'm calling it "Her Birthday Prezzie"

What do you think any advice or tips gratefully accepted

Regards

John

That’s a great deal! $85’ish dollars pp per day. Well done.

As for the decor on the ship, well, I don’t think I’d let it make or break my cruise. Though I personally can’t stand it, and I’ve only seen pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great price for 3 people. I have sailed on the legend twice and I actually quite like it. I don't find it garish, and I actually prefer the décor on the legend over the more popular spirit. I think the décor on legend is a little more elegant and not as bright as the spirit. I also like a lot of the artwork in particular the large photos of old Hollywood legends. having said all of this I have cruised on other carnival ships prior so I am already used to the bold, crazy colours and décor of carnival ships. I would also say that the legend has one of the best overall crew I have come across of some 15 different ships I have sailed on. The legend wouldn't be my fav ship, but I would certainly happily cruise on her again for the right price and itinerary.

We thought the decor was so bad it was hilarious! It was a constant source of amusement. Other than that we enjoyed our Legend cruise. The MDR food was excellent. They don't have a drinks package but they do have a couple of decent wine packages that give you a reasonable discount off the price of selected wines by the bottle. Each package has a list of wines covered by that package.

We have sailed her twice. Once for 12 days before her drydock and aussiefication and then again for 13 days after. This was when she was with Carnival USA.

Her decor is crazy but really not noticeable after the first few hours. If I completely honest I have fond memories of seeing it for the first time and having a giggle.She was my first and second cruise and if I am honest she will always have a special place in my heart! ;)

Some say Carnival ships are garish and dark but the 2 Spirit class ships you guys have over there have very good passenger space ratios and the cabins are some of the biggest at sea. Also the layout of the ship is great and the areas are spacious with good deck room and pools. The Red frog pub is a great spot as is the Serenity area at the back of the pool deck.

Lots of Carnival US fans (like myself) desire the Legend/Spirit more than some of her newer and bigger sisters for the reasons I have mentioned above.

Been on here 4 times, inc a trans-pacific; yes the decor is like a mortary in main Atrium area. But as above i prefer her then her more popular sister Spirit. The only other thing i'll say is don't forget the fantastic Punchliner comedy club; A great way to end a day... :=)

Hi Folks

Where would you suggest for an indoor location to sit and read with a sea view , I dont seem to be able to find an area like the crown viking lounge for example .. or do I just retire to my cabin / balcony

I'm sure my 94 y/o MIL will have a giggle at a few things , and I must show her the Youtube of Joe Farcus explaining how he designed the interiors

Regards

John

What a great bargain cruise price. Your wife will love her birthday present.

My father always tells me when I don't like the decor of a place we are staying "well your only staying here. Not buying it"......

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Folks

Where would you suggest for an indoor location to sit and read with a sea view , I dont seem to be able to find an area like the crown viking lounge for example .. or do I just retire to my cabin / balcony

I'm sure my 94 y/o MIL will have a giggle at a few things , and I must show her the Youtube of Joe Farcus explaining how he designed the interiors

Regards

John

Decks 2 and 3 have lots of lounges with large windows and soft couches (Atlantis,Legends and Odyssey like this:

1_lobby_seating.jpg

If she prefers quiet then theres the promenade around the theatre and also the Lido buffet which has ceiling to floor windows and is unused when people are not eating.

Lido area:

5_buffet_seating7.jpg

enchanted forest promenade:

6243876493_8da11e30a5_b.jpg

Hi Folks

I grabbed what I thought was a bargain deal

10 days South Pacific on Carnival Legend EX Melbourne March 6th 2018

Balcony Guarantee

First 2 passengers $829 + $160.60 tax and port costs

3 Rd Passenger $359.40 + 160.60 Tax and port costs

so a quick 10 days up to New Caledonia and return to Melbourne for 3 Persons for $2500 .00

My question is will I be able to live with the ships somewhat "garish" decor ??

It sails one day prior to the Wifes birthday so I'm calling it "Her Birthday Prezzie"

What do you think any advice or tips gratefully accepted

Regards

John

We could not find this cruise available on the Carnival website. ?????

Great price.

Not sure how I’d handle the ship.

But I’d rather be on her than at home.:o

Hi Gut

My thoughts exactly.. and I have sunglasses :cool: will be very interesting to compare a cruise costing $20k for the three of us to a similar length cruise costing $2.5k for the three of us.. thats the issue :eek:

Regards

John

Hi Gut

My thoughts exactly.. and I have sunglasses :cool: will be very interesting to compare a cruise costing $20k for the three of us to a similar length cruise costing $2.5k for the three of us.. thats the issue :eek:

Regards

John

G’day John

I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

At that price it can’t be all bad surely.

We spent some time on the Legend back in 2015, , we had a balcony on deck 5, and we enjoyed our cruise.

There a few free hidden secrets on board to discover during your cruise, so enjoy getting the most from it.

As you probably are aware the decor on the Legend is designed around historical legends in time and from different parts of the world, hence Egypt, Knights of the round table etc, and it is a constant source of amusement , whatever substance the designer was abusing at the time I want some :p

We spent some time on the Legend back in 2015, , we had a balcony on deck 5, and we enjoyed our cruise.

There a few free hidden secrets on board to discover during your cruise, so enjoy getting the most from it.

As you probably are aware the decor on the Legend is designed around historical legends in time and from different parts of the world, hence Egypt, Knights of the round table etc, and it is a constant source of amusement , whatever substance the designer was abusing at the time I want some :p

LOL, at least it would make it interesting finding out what place was the inspiration.