Question about our Cruise on the Pride

PH29

We are sailing on the Pride in August, we have a Vista Suite. So we have priority check in, does this mean that we can check in any time? Does having priority mean we are first on the tenders? What exactly does priority get me? Thanks for answers in advance.

You will have priority check-in and embarkation so yes, effectively, you can show up and board when you like. You would still need to select a check-in time on your Cruise Manager prior to the cruise but suites, high loyalty and FTTF guests can check-in and board when they like.

Suites do get priority tendering (ship to shore only).

Edit: Forgot to add since you asked specifically about "priority" perks - you also get priority luggage delivery on embarkation day and priority dinner time assignment in the MDR.

Also you will be able to have access to your stateroom prior to 1:30 when all guest have access to their staterooms.

I'm not sure why you mention that. Suite guests do not have early access to their cabins (ala FTTF and high loyalty people). In some situations the cabins may be ready earlier than the 1:30PM advertised time but it's not a suite perk.

I'm not sure why you mention that. Suite guests do not have early access to their cabins (ala FTTF and high loyalty people). In some situations the cabins may be ready earlier than the 1:30PM advertised time but it's not a suite perk.

My mistake, you are correct about the 1:30 access but on embarkation day they keep the passageway doors closed with signs indicating you don' t have access to your stateroom until 1:30 unless you receive that access via your VIFP benefits or FTTF.

My mistake, you are correct about the 1:30 access but on embarkation day they keep the passageway doors closed with signs indicating you don' t have access to your stateroom until 1:30 unless you receive that access via your VIFP benefits or FTTF.

No worries. I too have been confused about suite perks in recent months. Fortunately, the folks here on CC got me straight. ;)

You will have priority check-in and embarkation so yes, effectively, you can show up and board when you like. You would still need to select a check-in time on your Cruise Manager prior to the cruise but suites, high loyalty and FTTF guests can check-in and board when they like.

Suites do get priority tendering (ship to shore only).

Edit: Forgot to add since you asked specifically about "priority" perks - you also get priority luggage delivery on embarkation day and priority dinner time assignment in the MDR.

Just make sure you are following Suite Perks - not Diamond/Platinum/FTTF Perks...

Suite Perks: Priority Security, Check-In, Boarding, Priority Dining Reservations, Tender Priority, Debark Priority

Priority (Diamond/Platinum) Perks: You can see the full list here (https://www.carnival.com/vifp/benefits.aspx) but it includes everything listed on FTTF + More.

FTTF (Faster to the Fun) Perks: Early Access To Stateroom, Priority Luggage, Guest Services Line, Priority Dining Reservations, Tender Priority, Debark Priority,

We upgraded from an extended balcony to a Vista Suite for this November - We had and kept FTTF in order to have early access to our room, luggage and the GS line - We are still Gold Level so until we get higher we will keep getting FTTF even with a suite.