Reflection - wine bar still the same?

Tennant

Has the wine bar on the reflection been updated to the sports bar/pub like on the equinox? I'm guessing not since she is headed into dry dock but thought I would check. Does the bar still have the machines? We have found these useless as you still have to pay a service charge/tip on the cards for self service wine!

Also there is a fun little slushy place on the equinox, is that on the reflection?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. Cellar Masters (As of October 2016) has not been changed to a gastropub. Yes, machines were still there. We have sailed Reflection twice and Cellar Master is our least favorite venue. Service is non-existent and wine offerings not a good value. Hopefully there will be changes when she goes into dry dock

We don’t do “slushees”.

Cheers

Tom

Service is non-existent

Cheers

Tom

Couldn't agree more. They also moved their craft beer selection in there. The person guarding the joint was more like a hostess than a server.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Couldn't agree more. They also moved their craft beer selection in there. The person guarding the joint was more like a hostess than a server.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Exactly!

Our first time on Reflection in 2014, we went in twice. First time the “server” was chatting with the only other table of guests (four). We waited ten minutes. The “server” never once came over to take a drink order or offer assistance. We got up and left and as we were leaving the person finally acknowledged us. Too late we were on our way to the Ensemble Lounge. Second try, no sign of anyone, not even the “hostess.”

In 2016 we did a few walk buys but never stopped for a glass of wine. Never busy in there and the wine menu prices were ridiculous give the wine selections offered. You pay full price for the wine, regardless of a drink package. We instead frequented the Ensemble Lounge and the Martini Bar.

In the interests of full disclosure, there were some special wine tasting functions held there which I was told were very popular.

Cheers

Tom

Just to chime in, my Wife and I were on the Reflection last May for the TA and visited Cellar Masters several times. The Hostess was very gracious and made suggestions on wines to try, and she held several wine tastings with appetizers. We went to one of these, well attended and a good selection of wine. Also, nice pours. Of course, we had about 8 sea days so more opportunities for the Hostess to arrange activities.

They did have the machines, but I never used those, had the hostess bring out a bottle that fit our beverage package.

Since I had a lot of OBC, I splurged one evening with another CC member and had the Hostess secure a bottle of Louis XIII for us to have. I had it only once before and this was my best opportunity to have it and not be concerned about the cost, $175 per shot I think. A bucket list drink :D.

Doug

We have enjoyed Cellar Masters on our 2 Reflection cruises. Stephanie was the sommalier (sp) both times, and was very helpful in assisting us with wines. We found it was very pleasant to stop in before dinner and select a glass to take with us. The selections were better than the choices available on the Classic package, which we had. We used OBC to get wine cards and had fun trying lots of wines we wouldn't have otherwise.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

We have enjoyed Cellar Masters on our 2 Reflection cruises. Stephanie was the sommalier (sp) both times, and was very helpful in assisting us with wines. We found it was very pleasant to stop in before dinner and select a glass to take with us. The selections were better than the choices available on the Classic package, which we had. We used OBC to get wine cards and had fun trying lots of wines we wouldn't have otherwise.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Yes, Stephanie was the Sommelier or Hostess on our cruise as well. Couldn't remember her name.

Doug

Our visits to Cellar Master on the Reflection are some of our greatest onboard experiences. We are wine lovers and Stefania always had a new recommendation for us. The tastings that we attended resulted in new favorite wines. We always went here instead of the Elite cocktail hours. It was always our favorite place to meet friends and stop in to grab a glass of wine before going to dinner or the shows.

• 3 weeks later...
Exactly!

In 2016 we did a few walk buys but never stopped for a glass of wine. Never busy in there and the wine menu prices were ridiculous give the wine selections offered. You pay full price for the wine, regardless of a drink package. We instead frequented the Ensemble Lounge and the Martini Bar.

Cheers

Tom

Just to clarify. The wine machines are not included in the drink package, but you only have to pay the different for the more expensive wines by the glass.

I am not sure why you felt that you had to pay the full price for the wines by the glass.

I concur that the service can be marginal for some reason.

Cellar Masters is one of my favourite spots on board (and Stefania is one of my favourites too). It is a "quiet" place to sit and relax and try a few different wines.

Given the choice between a ship with Cellar Masters and the Gastro Pub I'd choose one with Cellar Masters every time.

That said, I don't understand why they continue to have the machines unless they can figure a way to allow to be used by people with the drink package.

1/9/2018 for ten days and redeploy 1/19/18 on her 10 and 11 night trips

That's great to hear. When I have been on the Reflection I only saw a server in there one time, and then it was for a private gathering. I always wondered why they had the space if they weren't going to use it. I would prefer a Gastropub but I would enjoy anything as long it was getting used.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk