Platinum question about priority boarding

stochy33

Congrats on your plats! I can't wait for the priority debarkation and priority tendering. I have two days until plat but my upcoming November cruise boarding pass and luggage tag has platinum already. My sister is traveling in another cabin and just bought FTTF so we will be able to board early, rooms ready, luggage there and priority debark. We don't have any tendering on this cruise but when we do, that perk will come in handy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We love the laundry perk, especially for 2 week cruises. We give our laundry to our room steward in the morning and it is always returned the same days, never 2 days

I've had it returned the Next day before. And once I had to go to guest services and ask for it two days later.:o

Anyone who turns platinum during a cruise will enjoy platinum benefits for the entire cruise. Anyone booked in the same cabin with a platinum cruiser will also enjoy priority embarkation and can proceed to their cabin upon embarkation if they choose to do so. It's helpful to understand the platinum laundry service. It's "wash and fold" service, so don't send anything that shouldn't be washed in hot water and dried in a hot dryer along with many other laundry items. Some people state they send underwear and socks, but unless you wear socks with sandals, that likely won't be very valuable. Otherwise you might be able to get away with not packing a couple extra pairs of underwear. If you are particular at all about your laundry, as a platinum cruiser, you may not find the platinum wash and fold laundry service very valuable. I'm just saying, put the wash and fold laundry perk in perspective (i.e., your laundry won't come back smelling like Tide and Downy.)

• 9 months later...
can I board ship at anytime since I am Platinum, or do I have to wait until the given time slot. Not much of a perk being Platinum anymore.

Then why is my time slot so late, can I board anytime and ignore the time slot time?

Platinum guests are assigned an arrival appointment time (check-in time); however, they can arrive and check-in at any time, regardless of the assigned time.

• 1 month later...
Then why is my time slot so late, can I board anytime and ignore the time slot time?

Hi I’m going on a cruise in December I am platinum level but friend isn’t we are in the same cabin. Will she be able to come through priority boarding with me?

Thanks

You board when they call for Plat/Diamond guests. Right behind wedding parties. You have a 'check in' time assigned, not a boarding time. But you can ignore the check in time and go to the terminal when you want.

Unless your friend is in the same cabin they do not have priority boarding and will probably be stopped from boarding with you.

On Magic last month, the 'rooms not ready' signs did not have the tiny text and the bottom saying 'platinum and diamond come on it...'   Not sure if they removed the text to avoid people claiming status, or it's just the version of the signs that Magic has.    One of the room stewards did tell us we couldn't come in, but my wife kept telling her we were platinum and kept no walking.  This was pretty late relative to the rooms opening for all, like 12:30-12:45...

On 10/23/2017 at 7:15 PM, winddawn said:

. Some people state they send underwear and socks, but unless you wear socks with sandals, that likely won't be very valuable. 

I don't wear sandals but wear tennis shoes and go through a lot of socks on an 8 day cruise.  So do a lot of other people.

On 10/16/2018 at 8:28 AM, mikesteg said:

On Magic last month, the 'rooms not ready' signs did not have the tiny text and the bottom saying 'platinum and diamond come on it...'   Not sure if they removed the text to avoid people claiming status, or it's just the version of the signs that Magic has.    One of the room stewards did tell us we couldn't come in, but my wife kept telling her we were platinum and kept no walking.  This was pretty late relative to the rooms opening for all, like 12:30-12:45...

I have sailed on Magic, Liberty and Victory within the last few months and all of the rooms not ready signs were the same as you experienced.  Not sure why a room steward would say anything. If you have priority status, your room keys will be outside your door. If you don’t have priority status, your keys won’t be available until 1:30 PM. So if someone without priority goes to their room early, they won’t be able to access their room. 

On 10/9/2018 at 1:36 AM, dancer1998 said:

Hi I’m going on a cruise in December I am platinum level but friend isn’t we are in the same cabin. Will she be able to come through priority boarding with me?

Thanks

Yes. I'm platinum but DH is still gold, he always gets to take advantage of me cruising without him a few times! He'll be there soon enough. Her boarding pass should say Priority, just like yours.

Edited by beachbum6264

On ‎10‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:56 PM, beachbum6264 said:

Yes. I'm platinum but DH is still gold, he always gets to take advantage of me cruising without him a few times! He'll be there soon enough. Her boarding pass should say Priority, just like yours.

If boarding pass does not say Priority at top, the friend will not board as such.  Just depends on what the boarding pass says, at least that's been my observation.  The terminal staff checks for that wording on the boarding passes.

• 2 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 11:54 PM, Quilcruisers said:

Congrats on your plats! I can't wait for the priority debarkation and priority tendering. I have two days until plat but my upcoming November cruise boarding pass and luggage tag has platinum already. My sister is traveling in another cabin and just bought FTTF so we will be able to board early, rooms ready, luggage there and priority debark. We don't have any tendering on this cruise but when we do, that perk will come in handy.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm curious about this as well. I've got a similar situation where one suite has priority boarding and one cabin has FTTF - will both cabins be able to board together? 

1 hour ago, BigChiefJJ said:

I'm curious about this as well. I've got a similar situation where one suite has priority boarding and one cabin has FTTF - will both cabins be able to board together? 

No not together, but close after.    Suite will board after Diamond and Platinum.  After the Suites, they will call FTTF.

13 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Or the Suites can just wait and board at the same time as FTTF.

Yes, this is true....

For our October cruise, we will finally be Platinum after 11 years...slowly but surely.   Sailing with my brother & SIL.    They bought FTTF - but I already told them, I'm boarding with Platinum just this once because it's my very first time!   They totally understood.🤩

On 10/21/2017 at 3:56 PM, CruisingBeans said:

I know platinum gets priority boarding but are platinum cruisers permitted to go to their cabin once they board or do we wait until 1:30? 

A journey cruise on miracle from Tampa on dec 2018, we had to wait for cabin keys for access, almost all passengers were plats and they had too many rooms to have ready earlier than 1:30 

On 10/22/2018 at 1:00 PM, LHARTWICK said:

If boarding pass does not say Priority at top, the friend will not board as such.  .

First time cruisers friends boarded with us thru the plat line, the second line inside divided us , their line moved slightly faster than us, but we merged back together quite quickly! 

A journey cruise on miracle from Tampa on dec 2018

On miracle  dec 2018, the 'rooms not ready' signs did not have the tiny text at the bottom saying 'platinum and diamond come on it.

i went to cabin anyway to find the keys were not in the mailbox,, we left the carry on in hall like it was our other luggage that would be delivered soon and headed to serenity pool with swim gear out of carry on, changed in washroom on that deck ,, worked out just fine! 

Edited by meester_jamie
Lol , corrected ship name

12 hours ago, meester_jamie said:

On miracle  dec 2018, the 'rooms not ready' signs did not have the tiny text at the bottom saying 'platinum and diamond come on it.

i went to cabin anyway to find the keys were not in the mailbox,, we left the carry on in hall like it was our other luggage that would be delivered soon and headed to serenity pool with swim gear out of carry on, changed in washroom on that deck ,, worked out just fine! 

They have taken that text off of the signs, as some people interpreted them as an invitation to go through anyway.  JH said that the perk is still there for Plat/Dia/FTTF, they just don't "advertise" it on board.

1 hour ago, Schoifmom said:

They have taken that text off of the signs, as some people interpreted them as an invitation to go through anyway.  JH said that the perk is still there for Plat/Dia/FTTF, they just don't "advertise" it on board.

This was also true for Vista December 2018.  We are Platinum, and as soon as we boarded, we went straight to our cabin, dropped off our luggage and headed to lunch.  There was no language on the signs re: Platinum/Diamond/FTTF.  Our cabin was ready for us, even though the previous cruise had arrived late to Galveston due to high winds which resulted in delayed debarkation/embarkation. Another perk to being Platinum!

• 9 months later...

We have been Platinum for our last three cruises.  Carnival says on their website under the FTTF that Diamond and Platinum guests also get the priority luggage delivery.  We have not experienced this on any of our Platinum cruises.  It seemed like each time our luggage got to the room about the same time as it did before we were Platinum (once not until just before dinner).  It's certainly not the end of the world for us if it takes a while to get out luggage.  Sometimes it's just nice to be able to put our stuff away and not have to worry about it. Has anyone else experienced this?