Drinks Menu Questions

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Silversea Cruises

Read Silversea Cruise Reviews written by cruisers just like you.

Find Your Silversea Roll Call

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:31 PM.
Somewhere On Earth
2,003 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
I'm a newbie to Silversea and have a few questions re: the all-inclusive drinks:

The description -
"Select wines, premium spirits, specialty coffees and soft drinks are complimentary in all bars, lounges and dining rooms. Your suite’s mini-bar is also stocked with your preferences and replenished by your butler upon request."
seems to indicate everything is complementary except wines not on the 'select' list.

Is that true? For example, can one order the best, single malt scotch on the ship at 'no charge'? What is the beer selection like? (as you may have guessed, I don't drink things that come in/with fruit, and/or little paper umbrellas)

Can anyone post (or provide a link to) the wine list(s) / bar menu? I've searched but can't find anything.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sent from my cave using smoke signals after rubbing two sticks together to make fire.
Maryland
152 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
High end spirits are also chargeable, although I believe most people will be pleased with their options.

I requested local beers and a cognac for my fridge. Never once was I encouraged or tempted to pay for anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somewhere On Earth
2,003 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Thanks mdpa.

I found this posted by TLCOhio (from 2010) showing 'included' spirits. I suppose I can 'make do' with the selection , although I wish there was a bottle of Laphroaig in the picture... I'll ask!

Originally posted by TLCOhio
From “The Bar”, here is what it showed for the main area with various Scotch selections and other options for drinks in this area. If you wanted added options, I understand there is more available. There are also nice bar areas in the Panorama Lounge and on the Pool Deck. The secret is asking. The bar staff was very good and helpful.:

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Sent from my cave using smoke signals after rubbing two sticks together to make fire.
Virginia
410 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Looks like I'll be drinking scotch instead of bourbon because, ewww. (but I'll live)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
10/26/2018 Oceania Marina
05/07/2018 Silver Muse
01/25/2017 Zuiderdam
05/07/2012 Seabourn Pride
02/25/2011 Seabourn Legend
03/01/2010 Seabourn Legend
06/06/2009 Seabourn Spirit
01/02/2008 Seabourn Legend
08/05/2006 Seabourn Spirit
01/02/2006 Century
02/19/2005 Zaandam
Somewhere On Earth
2,003 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by Kate-AHF
Looks like I'll be drinking scotch instead of bourbon because, ewww. (but I'll live)
I see Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey and next to it Old Grand(something)... pa?...dad?. Those are bourbons aren't they?

Plus, I'd be shocked if they didn't have Jim Beam!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Virginia
410 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
You could technically call them bourbons, yes. Woodford, Knob creek,.even Virginia Gentleman ....THOSE are bourbons.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
05/07/2018 Silver Muse
01/25/2017 Zuiderdam
01/02/2006 Century
02/19/2005 Zaandam
Somewhere On Earth
2,003 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Oh, I see. I misunderstood. Forgive me... I'm Canadian and not a bourbon drinker.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Virginia
410 Posts
Joined Jan 2005
Originally posted by Bill B
Oh, I see. I misunderstood. Forgive me... I'm Canadian and not a bourbon drinker.
Ah.

Bill, someday you should take a trip to Lexington, KY, and take the Bourbon Trail. Really wonderful distilleries and their grounds open to all for tours and tastings. Lovely country, and great restaurants too.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
05/07/2018 Silver Muse
01/25/2017 Zuiderdam
01/02/2006 Century
02/19/2005 Zaandam
UK (Deepest Lincolnshire)
1,233 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
I see they have Jameson and Bushmills. What more could anyone possibly need?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Silver Spirit 1-2-13 LA-South Pacific-LA 31 days
Seabourn Spirit 30-11-2013 Bridgetown-Bridgetown 14 days
Silver Shadow 19-4-2014 Hong Kong-Tokyo-Alaska 27 days
Silver Whisper 25-11-2014 Amazon 17 days
Silver Spirit 13-4-2015 TA 12 days
Silver Spirit 4-12-2015 Panama Canal 17 days
Silver Whisper 27-5-2016 Baltic 14 days
QM2 8-12-2016 TA 7 days

rv La Marguerite 1-4-2017 Vietnam/Cambodia 13 days

Camillus, New York, USA
781 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
Oh, forgot to say that I recently tried Knob Creek. One sip and I felt wonderful, full of energy. But more than one and I would zzzzz..... The aftertaste is incredible.
S Fla
1,360 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
Just send a note to customer service and request what you would like and most times they will supply . I drink Rain Vodka and I requested that and sugar free ginger ale both where supplied even a bottle in my room.
Decatur, GA
52 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Yes the bourbon section is slacking a tad, the scotch one is not bad. For cognac is Hennessy the best they have?
Also do you know if they squeeze fresh lemon juice and lime juice for cocktails like sidecars? I don't enjoy that bottle stuff.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Add me if your going on te same cruise a's me
San Antonio, TX
8,791 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by gotallanswers
Yes the bourbon section is slacking a tad, the scotch one is not bad. For cognac is Hennessy the best they have?
Also do you know if they squeeze fresh lemon juice and lime juice for cocktails like sidecars? I don't enjoy that bottle stuff.
Yes, they squeeze fresh lemon and lime juice for drinks. I suppose they have the bottled stuff as a backup.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carey and Randy invite you to visit our website at: www.klugsplace.com

"If not now, when?"
Somewhere On Earth
2,003 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Originally posted by Stevanb
Just send a note to customer service and request what you would like and most times they will supply .
I was thinking about doing that! My cruise is not until Mar. 2019 (Ushuaia to Cape Town), so it's way too early to do that now. However, I wonder how often they stock the ships... and how much 'lead time' they would need?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
8 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
My husband, who is somewhat of a whiskey snob and has a collection of about 300 bourbons, scotches and other whiskies, found the selection akin to a nice hotel bar (Loewes, Fairmont, Ritz, etc). He did prefer the specialty selections in the Connoisseur Lounge, but those are not "all-inclusive". Since it is also the cigar bar, I didn't enjoy sitting there (who wants a smokey outfit to put back in the closet), but I believe you can order from there and drink it elsewhere.

We didn't make use of them having our room stocked with our preferences, but certainly will next May.
Jalisco Mex
305 Posts
Joined Dec 2016
Originally posted by Bill B
I was thinking about doing that! My cruise is not until Mar. 2019 (Ushuaia to Cape Town), so it's way too early to do that now. However, I wonder how often they stock the ships... and how much 'lead time' they would need?
I requested a special wine two months before embarkation and got a reply a week later that the wine would be there. Penny
New York
77 Posts
Joined Oct 2016
blantons or woodford would be nice if that was a choice. I have a few hundred dollars of onboard credit for a short cruise so it would be fine to spend some of that on "premium" drinks.
Durham, NC
440 Posts
Joined Sep 2013
Originally posted by Kate-AHF
You could technically call them bourbons, yes. Woodford, Knob creek,.even Virginia Gentleman ....THOSE are bourbons.

Do not forget the very best bourbon --Pappy--apologies to my Japanese friends