RT From Buenos Aires to US - use Choice Air?

GottaKnowWhen

Late next year I will end a cruise in BA. Three months later, March 2019, I’ll return to BA for a repositioning cruise ending in California. So, a round trip from BA to the US and back.

What say you, you experts in Choice Air? Can I expect a good deal? I have read many stories of great one way fares to or from Europe, but a round trip? A round trip which will be originating in South America?

Any insights appreciated.

Stan

Check it out for yourself. I know of lots of folks who buy one roundtrip ticket for two long cruises. I think you will do better to research and do it yourself than to hope someone in "the office" bothers to even look for what you want. If you know the dates, do the trips as one ways -- From BA to home on this date and then from home to BA -- this will give you the possibilities and help you find the flights you want. ITA matrix will identify lots of choices. THEN go to the airline site and try it as 2 one ways, multi-destinations, and round-trip. Sometimes breaking the trip into more pieces in the multidestination screen will get you a cheaper price for example home to Miami to BA or home to Chicago to BA (the airlines sometimes know when you are really trying to do a one way and some airports less popular for South America than Miami (Ft. Lauderdale only has limited South American flights) Also try Orlando (MCO) as many flights due to the MOUSE. Come back and ask if we can help you more. If there are better flights on one trip with airline X and airline Y works better on the next trip do one ways . Ways to get around high one way costs -- buy them with points (several sales per year -- sometimes works) credit card bonus points help very much. Also depending on the time between cruises might have to do one ways -- can't see the 2nd half in time. Don't be afraid to call the airline representative (fee involved so ask about that) and let her/him see flights you can't always identify on your home screen. Good luck.

Thanks Bowie. For many years I have always booked my own travel online directly with one of the Big 3 airlines or one of their partners. I had many points accumulated after a career that involved quite a bit of travel. But I am getting close to the bottom of my points stash and so have started thinking about more efficient (cheaper) ways to book travel. Your suggestions about two one-ways vs. a single RT, etc. are good food for thought.

Stan

Yes, check it out yourself and then compare with Choice Air. This year, Choice Air offered no savings for our U.K. cruise, but for our upcoming trip in April, Choice Air was $600 PP cheaper for the same flights, so we booked it.