The Upgrade Fairy is REAL!!!!

SeaPink0409

I'm literally jumping up and down! We are sailing tomorrow on the Vista, originally in an interior room on Lido. We called about upgrading to a standard balcony today in hopes of it being reasonable, but they wanted $1800 more!!

I had looked at the Havana area before we booked back in July but it was definitely out of our price range,, so we went with an interior and we were ok with it. Saved some money to book some excursions!! :)

So...

Fast forward to this evening..came home from dinner, finished packing the last few things in the suitcase and my phone rings, a Miami number!

Long story short, the nice lady from Carnival offered us the last Havana Cabana on our sailing as an upgrade for a grand total of $492!!!!:eek: I think we got a steal and we are SO excited!

:cool:

I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!

Congratulations! If your happy I am happy..but if that happened to me, that wasn't an upgrade fairy because to me an upgrade is something for free not to ask you for more money to pay for it, so technically, you can call it an upgrade but in reality, it was a great deal!

I like to hear your thoughts what you think about the Havana balcony cabin...the room still is the same size not any larger only to have that balcony, so if you use it, just keep in mind that people are right below you walking so you may want to remember watch what you do and wear. ;p

Have a wonderful cruise!

I'm so happy for you!!

I saw a video tour of the Havana area a few weeks ago, cancelled an upcoming Haven Suite on NCL and started shopping for Havana. They must sell out because I haven't been able to find anything for my month. Yet. :)

2Q==images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMsc6leBO7DPf5PhhMmlfOt2C4cNCilRVynZ0l49BZ7SfPR3P5HQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrHK296JYuIW7KulMtDZ8t2obpbHsPRo5V8nukIADEmd4HUS5qMA

You see, people walk by they can look right in and if you have an aft cabin you look down and can see the balcony of the people under you and if you have the premium havana balcony on deck 6 those walking outside on the Promenade which is deck 5 can look up right at you.

Yep, that was a great phone call for ya!

We had an interior on Lido on our Vista sailing also, but alas, no area code 305 phone call was to be had. :loudcry:

It's probably because we had three in a cabin, though. :halo:

Congrats on getting a call from the *Upsell* Fairy. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes it is an UP-SELL. Back 20 some years ago after booking with a travel agent, they would call and tell us we have been UP GRADED to a balcony cabin for FREE!!!!!!

Have not been upgraded in at least 15 years.

2Q==images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRMsc6leBO7DPf5PhhMmlfOt2C4cNCilRVynZ0l49BZ7SfPR3P5HQimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrHK296JYuIW7KulMtDZ8t2obpbHsPRo5V8nukIADEmd4HUS5qMA

You see, people walk by they can look right in and if you have an aft cabin you look down and can see the balcony of the people under you and if you have the premium havana balcony on deck 6 those walking outside on the Promenade which is deck 5 can look up right at you.

Your pictures are the deck 5 Havana balconies. No one on deck 4 can see up into them. Only people passing by these balconies will be people who have the Havana access.

As for aft balconies being seen from above, this is true on all ships with aft balconies.