Carnival Elation - Post Dry Dock 10-16 / 10-21

jdoc2010

Carnival Elation - Post Dry Dock 10/16-10/21

Quick review - ask questions and I will try to answer.

Embarkation - it was a breeze - had FTTF, got to port at 10:30, general boarding lines through security were shorter, so we asked to skip the priority line and had no wait getting up to the check in desk. Received our cards at check in - they were already hole punched too. Sat in holding area with other FTTF / Diamond / Platnium. On ship by 11:30.

We could smell the paint on the lower levels and a few stairwells were still blocked off with rope.

ROOMS

Room was ready as soon as we got on ship, and we dropped off our carry ons in the room.

Empress/AFT/Interior/Quad ... as expected, two pullmans, 1 king in middle. Our other party right next to us had a Empress/AFT/Interior - the bed configurations were weird. Normally they push the two beds against each wall leaving a space in the middle for walk around room. Unfortunately, there were no bed lights on the outside walls, so the beds were side by side with a little space.

Plenty of outlets and usb access. Refrigerator, Hairdryer and flat screen TV (no more bulky boxes) were in rooms. Air didnt seem to blow cold often enough. Plenty of storage space. The safe was keycode only - I was used to the magnetic strip access safes, so that was a plus to only enter in a keycode.

BARS

Gatsby Bar - Amazing, never too crowded at since it was just two floors up, easy access and great drinks.

Drama Bar - UGH - HOLY Smoke ... I dont smoke and also dont mind people who smoke - but the kids ... poor things. The candy store and most of the trivia is done RIGHT THERE -- kids are being exposed to the flumes of smoke. They really need to move the candy store and have the trivia/games elsewhere.

Empress Bar - great location for me (down the hall). Usually crowded, but the smell from the drains was nauseating ... like stinky cheese. They really need to bleach those things out.

Red Frog/Blue Iquana Lido deck bars - They were as expected. Fun, warm and convenient.

Coffee Bar - Yes, please. Loved it - other than the 1 barista working and the longer lines, it was well worth it. Im a coffee drinker and enjoyed my coffee, milkshakes and getting a vitamin water.

Dining -

We had ATD - Imagination dining room. It was as expected, no issues. No tablecloths, american table. Staff is very attentive and if there was ever a wait, dukes or the library were right there to entertain the kiddos. Windows were dingy, needed a good cleaning.

Popped into the Inspiration Dining room for Suess @ Sea breakfast - this dining room was much more updated than the Imagination.

Lido deck dining

Guys Burgers, Yummy. Blue Iquana - Breakfast burritos were ok. Tacos were delish.

Pizza Pirate - They REALLY need to get more staff. Only had 1 person working. And good luck trying to get a specialty pizza - Pepperoni and Cheese were the only one he was cranking out. Got a lot of attitude when I asked for a specialty pizza and a ceasar salad.

Shows

Mikado Lounge - The decor does not look updated.

Epic Rock is my favorite. Divas --- they need to cycle this one out, its been around way too long.

Comedy shows - good and entertaining. The Cole Porter lounge was still being worked on. A lot of trim peices were falling off and the furniture was breaking apart.

Will post more later ...

Carnival Elation - Post Dry Dock 10/16-10/21

Quick review - ask questions and I will try to answer.

Embarkation - it was a breeze - had FTTF, got to port at 10:30, general boarding lines through security were shorter, so we asked to skip the priority line and had no wait getting up to the check in desk. Received our cards at check in - they were already hole punched too. Sat in holding area with other FTTF / Diamond / Platnium. On ship by 11:30.

We could smell the paint on the lower levels and a few stairwells were still blocked off with rope.

ROOMS

Room was ready as soon as we got on ship, and we dropped off our carry ons in the room.

Empress/AFT/Interior/Quad ... as expected, two pullmans, 1 king in middle. Our other party right next to us had a Empress/AFT/Interior - the bed configurations were weird. Normally they push the two beds against each wall leaving a space in the middle for walk around room. Unfortunately, there were no bed lights on the outside walls, so the beds were side by side with a little space.

Plenty of outlets and usb access. Refrigerator, Hairdryer and flat screen TV (no more bulky boxes) were in rooms. Air didnt seem to blow cold often enough. Plenty of storage space. The safe was keycode only - I was used to the magnetic strip access safes, so that was a plus to only enter in a keycode.

BARS

Gatsby Bar - Amazing, never too crowded at since it was just two floors up, easy access and great drinks.

Drama Bar - UGH - HOLY Smoke ... I dont smoke and also dont mind people who smoke - but the kids ... poor things. The candy store and most of the trivia is done RIGHT THERE -- kids are being exposed to the flumes of smoke. They really need to move the candy store and have the trivia/games elsewhere.

Empress Bar - great location for me (down the hall). Usually crowded, but the smell from the drains was nauseating ... like stinky cheese. They really need to bleach those things out.

Red Frog/Blue Iquana Lido deck bars - They were as expected. Fun, warm and convenient.

Coffee Bar - Yes, please. Loved it - other than the 1 barista working and the longer lines, it was well worth it. Im a coffee drinker and enjoyed my coffee, milkshakes and getting a vitamin water.

Dining -

We had ATD - Imagination dining room. It was as expected, no issues. No tablecloths, american table. Staff is very attentive and if there was ever a wait, dukes or the library were right there to entertain the kiddos. Windows were dingy, needed a good cleaning.

Popped into the Inspiration Dining room for Suess @ Sea breakfast - this dining room was much more updated than the Imagination.

Lido deck dining

Guys Burgers, Yummy. Blue Iquana - Breakfast burritos were ok. Tacos were delish.

Pizza Pirate - They REALLY need to get more staff. Only had 1 person working. And good luck trying to get a specialty pizza - Pepperoni and Cheese were the only one he was cranking out. Got a lot of attitude when I asked for a specialty pizza and a ceasar salad.

Shows

Mikado Lounge - The decor does not look updated.

Epic Rock is my favorite. Divas --- they need to cycle this one out, its been around way too long.

Comedy shows - good and entertaining. The Cole Porter lounge was still being worked on. A lot of trim peices were falling off and the furniture was breaking apart.

Will post more later ...

Thanks for the review. Carnival missed a good opportunity when they didn't convert the Great Gatsby bar into the Alchemy. That bar is never crowded.

Thanks for the review. Carnival missed a good opportunity when they didn't convert the Great Gatsby bar into the Alchemy. That bar is never crowded.

In speaking with the bartender at Gatsby, she said the rumor is that the coffee bar will eventually turn into an Alchemy and the coffee bar will move by library.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Did they add refrigerators to the Elation in all rooms? Or did I miss that you were in a suite? Thanks!

I was on this cruise as well, Deck 4 OV, and we had a refrigerator in our room. 1st night, we had very little water pressure in the sink (shower was fine). We asked our cabin attendant about it, and it was corrected that evening when we returned after dinner!

Were there indications that there were still unfinished works, like detour signs on roped area, being a post dry dock voyage?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There were a few roped off areas (like on deck 8, forward, port side) and we could not access to the observation deck every time we tried. Still a lot of work being done, but nothing that ruined the cruise.

Some of the staircases were randomly blocked off - as we saw several workers still nailing down trim.

But there were no huge areas blocked off indicating that something new was going to be installed.

I was on this cruise as well, Deck 4 OV, and we had a refrigerator in our room. 1st night, we had very little water pressure in the sink (shower was fine). We asked our cabin attendant about it, and it was corrected that evening when we returned after dinner!

Aquaman,

We are sailing in 3 weeks. Can you give us some feedback as to how things were on the cruise? Good and/or bad?

Thank you

There were a few roped off areas (like on deck 8, forward, port side) and we could not access to the observation deck every time we tried. Still a lot of work being done, but nothing that ruined the cruise.

Some of the staircases were randomly blocked off - as we saw several workers still nailing down trim.

But there were no huge areas blocked off indicating that something new was going to be installed.

Thanks for the response. It’s usual for post dry dock sailing but not necessarily spoiling the enjoyment onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums