Carnival Miracle electric outlet info

occruisefamily

Hello cruisers, I just returned from a 7 day cruise on the Carnival Miracle and wanted to share some information regarding electric outlets in the cabin. There is only 1 outlet in the cabin located above the dresser. The outlet has one Euro style 220 volt outlet and one US style 120 volt outlet (see picture 1). If you need more outlets for your electronics you can bring a simple 3 outlet tap (see picture 2). I got this outlet tap from home improvement store for about $3. You could bring an outlet strip or extension cord as well. Outlet taps and outlet strips must be non surge protected per Carnival rules.. There is one more electric outlet in the bathroom but it is marked for shavers only.

Also, in case you forget an outlet tap etc. and need one more outlet you can use the Euro 220 volt outlet provided your electronic device is multi voltage (ex.100 to to 240 volt - 50/60Hz). Most cell phone chargers, ebook chargers, laptops, are multi voltage compatible but check your device's charger to confirm. I have read some posts that say you need a Euro to US outlet adapter to use the Euro outlet, this is not the case with the particular outlet on the Miracle. If you look closely at the Euro 220 volt outlet it actually has a US style two prong plug slot vertically within the outlet. It is located directly beneath the "USA-2P" lettering within the outlet (see picture 1). Just turn your US style 2 prong plug vertical and you can then insert your US plug into the Euro style outlet. I tested this with my US style phone charger and it worked fine. Again, just confirm your device is multi voltage compatible. C:\Eric desktop PC backup 05 10 16\Eric folder 051016\My Documents

118048154_Carnivaloutlet220vand120vresize.jpg.ebb203e13aeb8a1ea8d4490fd56de90b.jpg

1299551308_3outletadapterresize.jpg.0f2b1c91cc40d86db442696ded1f9378.jpg

Sis brings a wall tap similar to yours. I’ll bring a 6ft, three outlet extension cord. Depending on how much stuff we need to charge will determine which we’ll use.

The problem with the wall tap is that it covers the 220v outlet.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, the 3 outlet tap inserted into the 110 volt US outlet would block access to the 220 volt Euro outlet. I was just pointing out that using a 3 outlet tap will increase your outlet usage from one to three. In the event someone forgot to pack their 3 outlet tap etc they could use the 110 volt US outlet AND the 220 volt Euro outlet at the same time thus increasing their outlet usage from one to two devices :) Just be sure the device plugged into the 220 volt Euro outlet is multi voltage.