Oasis class sea tots nursery drop off

ETaylor1015

I am trying to get more specifics around the drop off nursery to help make my dining and entertainment reservations.

1. How late is it open?

2. Is it set up for them to be put to bed in a crib, or is it just a bright play area ?

3. Does it open for sign up during boarding time?

4. Were you able to get all the times you wanted ?

5. Was there a minimum/maximum time you can leave baby there?

From what I've read (sorry don't remember the exact source), the nursery has portable cribs (like the ones you can request for your stateroom) available for babies who need to nap while they're there. If your baby will nap in a stroller and you bring it with you when you drop them off, the caregivers will try to get them to nap in their stroller. I can't speak to how quiet the crib area is though as I haven't checked it out yet, and it likely varies from ship to ship.

I sailed on Oasis of the seas about 6 years ago (going again in December!). My little guy was 11 months. We used the nursery several times, had no issue getting the dates/times we asked for. We went and signed up in the evening of day 1 and picked up some Fisher Price toys to borrow for our cabin. He was often 1:1 with a caregiver, sometime 2:1. They had the staff's resumes posted and they were mainly overqualified for the job lol. The lights were not super bright in there and on one side of the nursery was the quiet area with lights down and cribs available for naps. They were great and made us feel comfortable having a break.

A few more things

1. On boarding day, you can sign up for a maximum amount of drop offs. The last 2 Oasis class cruises I was on, they limited to 3 sessions. You can go back in a couple days and they are more flexible on scheduling.

2. As I remember, the minimum is 1 hour

3. They are busier in the evenings so if you have something you really want to do, make that appointment on boarding day.

4. I had no issues getting my baby in but I did not cruise during peak times. I even dropped in a few times during the day and they took her on the spot. YMMV depending on how many babies are on board.

5. Like Chocolat88 stated, everything is in one room. So, if your baby has a hard time sleeping with some light and noise, it will be harder for them to stay down. There is a TV in the nursery too that was on all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums