Parking - Manhattan Cruise Terminal

We are sailing out of Manhattan on the Disney Magic to Bermuda Oct 13 - 19, and plan to park at the terminal since we live in NJ. I have some specific questions:

Our PAT is 11:30, so I plan on arriving at 11:00 given the time it takes to park, unload luggage, etc.

Would it be likely the parking lot would fill up, or should we be fine? The website says parking opens at 9. Is it better to arrive earlier?

Would we be admitted into the terminal at that point, or kept outside until our PAT? If outside, are there restrooms available, or should we be sure to hit the last rest stop before Lincoln Tunnel?

Am I correct in my assumption that traffic should be light on a Saturday morning in October, hitting the Lincoln Tunnel around 10:30, or would show traffic for matinees jam things up?

Thanks!

Dirk

You can arrive whenever, there is a restroom inside the terminal before security.

ETA, we live 10 miles west of the tunnel, google maps has taken us over the GWB before, definitely check traffic apps.

Good to know. I’ve wondered if it was worth going up to the GW to avoid the left turn. We’ll be coming from Central NJ. Thanks!

Good to know. I’ve wondered if it was worth going up to the GW to avoid the left turn. We’ll be coming from Central NJ. Thanks!

We drive from Central NJ. The only time we use the GWB instead of the Lincoln is if a traffic tie up at the Lincoln makes using the GWB faster. I would never drive miles out of my way up to the GWB and then have to go south again in Manhattan just to avoid the left turn into the cruise terminal from 12th Ave. If the left turn bothers you go north on 10th Ave rather than 12th and then turn left onto 55th St. 55th St. takes you right into the cruise terminal when it crosses 12th Ave.

We drive from Central NJ. The only time we use the GWB instead of the Lincoln is if a traffic tie up at the Lincoln makes using the GWB faster. I would never drive miles out of my way up to the GWB and then have to go south again in Manhattan just to avoid the left turn into the cruise terminal from 12th Ave. If the left turn bothers you go north on 10th Ave rather than 12th and then turn left onto 55th St. 55th St. takes you right into the cruise terminal when it crosses 12th Ave.

Yes, we go right, left, left, left, but if there is a traffic issue, the GWB is fine. Just for fun, right now google maps estimates 29 minutes to the port through the tunnel (13 miles total) 35 minutes using the GWB (24 miles total). I also spent 45 minutes on the GWB a week ago due to construction. That’s why it’s wise to check.

Yes, we go right, left, left, left, but if there is a traffic issue, the GWB is fine. Just for fun, right now google maps estimates 29 minutes to the port through the tunnel (13 miles total) 35 minutes using the GWB (24 miles total). I also spent 45 minutes on the GWB a week ago due to construction. That’s why it’s wise to check.

Thanks for the tips. Right now, It's 1:07 from home to MCT, and Google Maps has me going up Amsterdam to 55th. I wasn't sure you could make a left from 55th onto the terminal road, but street view shows it's a piece of cake. It looks like I just follow signs to parking and then park at whichever pier the ship is docked at?

I'm used to just running up Amsterdam and parking at Lincoln Center for most of NYC trips, so I haven't paid much attention to anything else. I also have a habit of missing the exit for the Henry Hudson off of GWB, which is never fun. :)

GWB right now is 1:21. We'll definitely keep up with bridge traffic. We'll be leaving the house exactly 12 weeks from now!

Dirk

Thanks for the tips. Right now, It's 1:07 from home to MCT, and Google Maps has me going up Amsterdam to 55th. I wasn't sure you could make a left from 55th onto the terminal road, but street view shows it's a piece of cake. It looks like I just follow signs to parking and then park at whichever pier the ship is docked at?

I'm used to just running up Amsterdam and parking at Lincoln Center for most of NYC trips, so I haven't paid much attention to anything else. I also have a habit of missing the exit for the Henry Hudson off of GWB, which is never fun. :)

GWB right now is 1:21. We'll definitely keep up with bridge traffic. We'll be leaving the house exactly 12 weeks from now!

Dirk

Please don't look for Amsterdam Ave. when taking the Lincoln Tunnel because 10th Ave doesn't become Amsterdam until 59th St, four streets north of where you turn to head for the cruise terminal.

You can't miss the cruise terminal parking lots. Big signs direct you up a ramp to the third level rooftop parking lots. You'll be directed to the proper parking lot for your ship when you pay for your parking (cash, MasterCard or Visa only).

Please don't look for Amsterdam Ave. when taking the Lincoln Tunnel because 10th Ave doesn't become Amsterdam until 59th St, four streets north of where you turn to head for the cruise terminal.

No worries there! I used to work at 110th and Amsterdam and lived on 9th and 21st for a few years, though I didn't pay too much attention to driving or cruising tips then. I do know how to get from Lincoln Tunnel to 10th, though for the life of me I never seem to be able to figure out how to properly get into the Holland Tunnel when I'm heading out of lower Manhattan. Fortunately, I rarely need it. :)

You can't miss the cruise terminal parking lots. Big signs direct you up a ramp to the third level rooftop parking lots. You'll be directed to the proper parking lot for your ship when you pay for your parking (cash, MasterCard or Visa only).
Very helpful. Thank you!

Dirk

No worries there! I used to work at 110th and Amsterdam and lived on 9th and 21st for a few years, though I didn't pay too much attention to driving or cruising tips then. I do know how to get from Lincoln Tunnel to 10th, though for the life of me I never seem to be able to figure out how to properly get into the Holland Tunnel when I'm heading out of lower Manhattan. Fortunately, I rarely need it. :)

Very helpful. Thank you!

Dirk

I thought I was the only person who had trouble leaving Manhattan.