Carnival Dream Picture Review, December 10th-17th, 2011

italianfemmy

I'm glad you are back and that your health has improved ! We would all like to see your picture when you have time to post them. We are also trying RCCL for the first time after getting a great deal on the Allure during the BOGoHO sale. Happy sailing and looking forward to another great review .

They had a BOGO on a cruise?? What?? That is AWESOME and I am :( I missed that. Haha.

Thank you so much for your kind words!!

Welcome back. Glad you are feeling better. Come on over to New Orleans for a cruise & we might just join you. We now have the Dream here & are sailing on her again for Halloween. I'd really like to see your photos of New Orleans.

Hey you! Thank you so much!! I might be doing a land trip to New Orleans in 2015 actually because of a work conference .... should have more info soon!

The Dream has been moved to New Orleans??

Hi!!!! Oh how I miss reading your posts!!! One day, I want to read this review myself from start to finish - I've never went back and read anything I wrote.

I definitely will post here if I post reviews or any more photos so that people who have subscribed to this thread will be able to be on the lookout. Hehe.

When is your Dream cruise? Are you booking the Cloud 9 spa??

Well I have a Breeze review from last year you should check out. It's a d@mn good story, if I do say so myself. :D I had a Cloud 9 spa cabin on the Breeze and loved it! I don't know if I'd do it again though, unless the price was right. The spa cabin was $90 more total than the 4J I originally booked. I'm looking at my birthday week next June. I already have the week off as one of my vacation weeks for 2015. My mom wants to bring my younger cousin for her graduation present. Another cousin wants to come and if she can talk her husband into it, he'll come along too, but right now he's not interested in being in the middle of the ocean for a long time. My stepsister said she might want to come with her son, but she'll also have a 9 month old by then so she's a maybe. It could end up being a pretty decent size family cruise! :) I had the Freedom of the Seas booked for my mom and I next month, but unfortunately had to cancel it. For a number of reasons, it just wasn't going to work out.

Yeah maybe when I come back from the Freedom, I will look and pull out Breeze photos and at least post photos. :-)

Latanya has been dying to do a Disney cruise but I just don't see the value in a Disney cruise personally.... I am sure it's fun though....

Biggest pet peeve so far of my booking with RCCL is they do not allow you to bring any soda on board like Carnival does and I drink Dr. Pepper which of course they do not have. I can't stand the taste of Coke products so I really do not think it's right to not allow people their favorite drink if you don't even have all the options available for purchase..

Which Princess cruise are you going on? And what do you love about Disney cruises?

I am going on the Caribbean Princess.

With Disney, it just seems a step above with almost everything. The service has always been good, of course some better than others.

You can bring drinks onboard...as much as you want, it just has to be in the carryon.

They have free soft drinks onboard as well.

the shows are just fabulous. Castaway Cay, their private island is beautiful.

You really get spoiled with the split bathrooms.

You rotate between the 3 dining rooms and all 3 are great.

And of course I am a Disney freak, so all the Disney theming is so wonderful.

Biggest pet peeve so far of my booking with RCCL is they do not allow you to bring any soda on board like Carnival does and I drink Dr. Pepper which of course they do not have. I can't stand the taste of Coke products so I really do not think it's right to not allow people their favorite drink if you don't even have all the options available for purchase..

I've been on many RCCL cruises and carried soda on every one. Usually have about two six packs of 20 oz. I've had them in my carry-on as well as in my checked baggage. I mostly have it in my carry-on because I don't want them to mistake it for smuggled booze and call me down to the "naughty room" for further inspection if spotted via x-ray in my checked bag.

They do have in the "fine print" it is not allowed but I've never seen anyone have to give it up. I've purchased additional soda in port and brought it on. As long as it is "sealed," they could care less. Most of the time, they don't even look at it to see if it is sealed.

Now if only they were as conscientious dealing with chair hog rules as they are with sniffing out smuggled hooch, I'd be a happier camper (lol).

Tucker in Texas

Hey you! Thank you so much!! I might be doing a land trip to New Orleans in 2015 actually because of a work conference .... should have more info soon!

The Dream has been moved to New Orleans??

Yes! We have the Dream now & the Elation (for 4 & 5 day cruises). It looks like the Dream will be here for awhile, at least through Halloween 2015 which is my favorite time to cruise. PM me when you know you are coming and we can get together for dinner at least. :)

• 7 months later...

OMGoodness.....I just finished reading your entire review. LOVE LOVE!!!!! I started out with the Chef's Table review, which helped me decide whether or not I wanted to do that...I do!!!!!! I am sooooooo excited about our upcoming cruise in June 2015 on the Dream. Thank you so much for your amazing review! Carnival should pay you! I have to mention that I am in completely in love with your photos also. I'm a terrible photographer so I absolutely appreciate your talent. Not only did I enjoy the review of the Dream and your photos, I love all the details your shared about each port. I can't wait to visit some of those places. Thank you for the time you spent on this review. It's much appreciate by many!!! :D

• 2 years later...

I am so sorry all of the photos have disappeared from this review :( Apparently in July, Photobucket broke over 1 billion hotlinks, messing up everyone's shared and embedded images. I am going to try to fix this by uploading the images to a new site. It will take time but it's so sad to see this review not have the photos anymore!

I am so sorry all of the photos have disappeared from this review :( Apparently in July, Photobucket broke over 1 billion hotlinks, messing up everyone's shared and embedded images. I am going to try to fix this by uploading the images to a new site. It will take time but it's so sad to see this review not have the photos anymore!

I remember this review, you are a photographer right? Your pictures are the bomb, hopefully you get it fixed. Darn Photobucket

I remember this review, you are a photographer right? Your pictures are the bomb, hopefully you get it fixed. Darn Photobucket

Yes I am the photographer :) I haven't been on here in years because I have been taking land/air trips but I just booked the Carnival Glory for May of this year a couple days back and of course, had to come to Cruise Critic to get all the skinny/dirt! Checked in on this review and was elated to see that out of over 300,000 threads in the Carnival boards section, this review is in the top 10 most viewed ever!! :D But it has no photos now! Super sad. :(

I was so excited to find out you are back on the boards ! I have read all your reviews and absolutely loved them ! You have a good way with words and your pictures are fantastic and truly capture moments in time. I am very glad that you will be go8ng on another cruise and hopefully, reviewing that. I wish you were go8ng on the Breeze, because I would love to read your review of that as we are going on it next March. Best wishes and welcome back !!

• 5 months later...

I have loved all of your reviews ! I was happy to see this pop up again, because I was wondering if you were still cruising. I know you had remarked at one point that you all were going to do a land vacation, but that was years ago. Have you gone back to cruising yet and if so, will you be posting another review ? Your photos were JSU excellent and I loved reading your reviews. I hope you and your partner are well. Thank you for all the reviews you have done !

• 10 months later...
On 9/24/2018 at 4:27 PM, steven93921 said:

The photos are back 🙂

Oh nice! They have a huge photobucket watermark on them but I reckon that’s better than nothing.  You’ll be happy to know I’ve officially started a travel page which is what made me log on here today so that I could copy some of my text that I wrote to use on posts.   We also just booked a 21 day land based trip to Iceland which we leave for mid October.  I’m so dang excited !!!! 

How has everyone been?  

Latanya and I are great. Still together. My health has been on again off again but I’ve been out of the wheelchair for the past 10 months.  And back to adventuring!  About a year or so ago, we took a young lady named Rowena in to live with us to help her out and she’s also helped take care of me when I have health flare ups.  She’s traveled with us last year when we went on the Glory and she’s traveled with us to North Carolina, New York and will be joining us in Iceland. 

• Like 1

So very glad you are back on cc ! When and how are you going to Iceland? I am going on the Carnival Legend TA that will stop in Greenland, Iceland, the Shetland Islands, Belfast, cCork, and finally ending in Dover. I wish you would be on that cruise to take pictures! You have such a gift with photography ! 

6 hours ago, teacher34 said:

So very glad you are back on cc ! When and how are you going to Iceland? I am going on the Carnival Legend TA that will stop in Greenland, Iceland, the Shetland Islands, Belfast, cCork, and finally ending in Dover. I wish you would be on that cruise to take pictures! You have such a gift with photography ! 

How exciting for you!!! And thank you so much for your kind words!!  We are leaving on Oct 14 (my bday)!! And driving to the Orlando airport where we will be catching a flight via IcelandAir.  We have rented a car for the full 21 days and we will be navigating the entire island with the exception of the inaccessible highlands. Sadly the roads to the highlands close in late September / early October for the winter season for safety reasons which of course is totally understandable.  And just gives me an excuse to return there one day!!  Haha. 

We will be taking tons of photos and we are adding video on this trip as well. We just purchased a drone so I’m super excited to add cinematic movie to the still images and Latanya will most likely be doing most of the flying of the drone while I’m taking stills with the DSLR!  Can’t wait!!! 

Where will you post your pictures? I will definitely want to see them. I have studied much about Iceland since we will be stopping there on our cruise. We will have 12 hours in port. I know the Golden Circle is supposed to be fantastic, but I love architecture , also, and there is a church in Reykjavik that looks amazing both inside and out. Have you seen pictures of it? You could do amazing pictures of it!! (Just a suggestion!) 

Oh nice! They have a huge photobucket watermark on them but I reckon that’s better than nothing.  You’ll be happy to know I’ve officially started a travel page which is what made me log on here today so that I could copy some of my text that I wrote to use on posts.   We also just booked a 21 day land based trip to Iceland which we leave for mid October.  I’m so dang excited !!!! 

How has everyone been?  

Latanya and I are great. Still together. My health has been on again off again but I’ve been out of the wheelchair for the past 10 months.  And back to adventuring!  About a year or so ago, we took a young lady named Rowena in to live with us to help her out and she’s also helped take care of me when I have health flare ups.  She’s traveled with us last year when we went on the Glory and she’s traveled with us to North Carolina, New York and will be joining us in Iceland. 

The watermarks are new since I saw that they were back a year ago. But yes, better than nothing.

I’ve never been to Iceland but everyone I have ever heard of that has gone there has said it is amazing. I’m sure you will love it.

What’s the link to your travel page?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

Were you able to go to Iceland ? Due to the COVID situation, my cruise to Greenland and Iceland was cancelled. Carnival says perhaps they will do the same itinerary in 2022. Hopefully, I will be able to do that one. 

• 2 weeks later...

So glad to run across one of your old reviews ! You take such phenomenal photos, even if photo bucket has put a band across each one. I am enjoying rereading this during the COVID time when we can’t actually be on a cruise ship. I hope tour health has improved.