Sunshine 8 day Vs Breeze 7 day

tmg698

Trying to decide between these 2 cruises for next April. Leaning toward Sunshine.

Sunshine--Aruba, Curacao, Amber Cove 8 day 4/19/19

Breeze--Amber Cove, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk 7 day 4/20/19

Thoughts??

Trying to decide between these 2 cruises for next April. Leaning toward Sunshine.

Thoughts??

For me, 8 days is always better than 7. Aruba & Curacao are both amazing places.

We had a similar conundrum deciding between the 7 day Breeze and 8 day Sunshine for the week after those. We ultimately decided on the Sunshine as the price was not much higher (like $20pp base fare) and get an extra day.

What is the difference in cost, or is that not a factor? I would always opt for 8 nights vs 7, and Aruba & Curacao are two of my favorite ports.

Breeze is like $10 more than Sunshine for a cabin on Lido. So basically same price. Sunshine has 3 ports and 4 sea days vs Breeze 4 ports and 3 sea days.

We were looking at the same 2 ships but in March 2019 instead of April. We ended up choosing the Sunshine - both are great ships but we LOVE Aruba & Curacao, and why not enjoy an extra day of vacation for about the same price? [emoji6]

Thoughts??

We did a very similar cruise on Sunshine in May...Aruba, Curaco, Grand Turk...Great time. Love both ships, but been on Sunshine twice as many times as the Breeze...8 vs 7 cruise days...4 sea days vs 3? If costs are similar...8/4 always wins!!

• 2 months later...

Thoughts??

I am having the same dilemma trying to decide between these two cruises. However, I am starting to lean toward the Breeze because of the layout of the ship. The Breeze has the aft pool and the Sunshine does not. We have been on RCCL Oasis of the Seas and Allure of the Seas and sure do miss having the use of an aft pool. I do prefer the itinerary of the Sunshine along with having more sea days as I said I think the Breeze may be a nicer ship. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

We have been on Sunshine and Magic/Dream same class as Breeze, we will be on the Breeze in December.

Sunshine is re-named from Destiny, it is an older ship. They reworked the buffet and added the Cuban area very nice but the ship show lounge is very odd not too much room for the decent show.

We like both Dream and Magic they are larger ships with more things to do than Sunshine.

Good luck with your choice.

Ok i have been on the sunshine for a journey cruise and have been on the Dream a few times which is the sister ship. I like both, but what i look for are recent reviews and see how the crew is on each. I find the crew will make or brake a cruise no matter where the ship goes or how pretty it is. That is just my thoughts.

The Breeze is a better ship overall however the Sunshine is no slouch... Plus the sunshine is going to better ports. The serenity area on the Sunshine is the best of any Carnival ship. The biggest issue many people have with the Sunshine is that it feels crowded. Carnival did an extensive update to the sunshine and they packed alot of restaurants, bars, and other bells and whistles in the ship.

If we are solely selecting based on ships then I'd say the breeze. But I would personally select the Sunshine. The Sunshine is a great ship, more days and better ports.

Breeze is amazing! Sunshine doesn't hold a candle to it. Although I loved both cruises. Breeze will always get my vote, plus I love the itinerary, with 4 stops. Sunshine in May did not have a fridge in the balcony room.
The Breeze is the better ship, but 8 days to the Southern Caribbean with stops in Aruba and Curacao will always trump 7 days to St Thomas, San Juan and GT. That's the true conundrum depending on what is more important to you.