A couple of Carnival Fascination quesitons

Pr1612

There are some planned parties, but we did not attend any... too tired after being in port all day. However, if you want to party you will have plenty of opportunity.

Menus are the same as other Carnival ships. We were on Fascination a few weeks ago and the menus were just like the ones I found in an online search. They have prime rib two nights, and escargot was also on the menu.

If I remember correctly, there was a 80's Rock-N-Glow party on Wednesday night. There was a Latin Dance contest on Thursday night and a Mega Deck Party on Friday night. I may have the nights wrong. We were so tired from the ports each day we did not make any of the mentioned activities. With the exception of the 80's party that started at 8PM, all the others were late, maybe around 10:30 or 11PM.

The menus are the standard Carnival menus (same as 2 years ago on the Glory) As salty dingo said you can do a search and find the menus easily. I did not take any pictures of them.

Enjoy your cruise. These are the best ports in the Caribbean.

We are planning on doing the Fascination for the first time, the end of March next year. As for the itinerary, I have done almost all the ports/islands (cruised many times), but I want to go back to St. Lucia (cost so much to fly to San Juan from Missouri) probably for the 3rd or last time. I fell in love with this island/port many years ago, and to me, it is my "favorite" place to be.:)

I know the ship is an older ship, but I'm not a nit picky person like a lot of other people, and I'm sure we will be fine on this ship.

We are planning on doing the Fascination for the first time, the end of March next year. As for the itinerary, I have done almost all the ports/islands (cruised many times), but I want to go back to St. Lucia (cost so much to fly to San Juan from Missouri) probably for the 3rd or last time. I fell in love with this island/port many years ago, and to me, it is my "favorite" place to be.:)

I know the ship is an older ship, but I'm not a nit picky person like a lot of other people, and I'm sure we will be fine on this ship.

I last traveled on the Fascination on 1996. So it will be an interesting trip for me.

... I want to go back to St. Lucia (cost so much to fly to San Juan from Missouri) probably for the 3rd or last time. I fell in love with this island/port many years ago, and to me, it is my "favorite" place to be.:)

You should also check out Dominica... it's going to take a few years before the forest canopy grows back, but it's out favorite island.

I was really impressed with the beach at Rodney bay. We found chairs and beach umbrellas for $5 a person and not too many vendors. Water was amazing to lounge in, and the scenery was out of this world.

I had a couple more questions. Does the Lido for breakfast have eggs to order, and if the dining room is open for breakfast.

Yes the dining room is open for breakfast. We go every morning. Maybe someone else can chime in about the eggs at Lido, we do not do buffets.

I had a couple more questions. Does the Lido for breakfast have eggs to order, and if the dining room is open for breakfast.

We went to the MDR every day for breakfast, but I think there was an omelette station where Guy's burgers joint is located. You can definitely get eggs to order at the MDR.

Im on schedule for the Oct 7 Southern carribean sailing

Was wondering if there were special party events like 80s night? or Abba night.

Also if anyone has the menus for the dining room

Please let us know what the party nights were. I'm on the Nov 25th cruise and was about to ask the very same thing lol

Is the dress code for breakfast in the MDR the same as in the nights?

No, it is casual so shorts and flip flops type attire is allowed. I was on this cruise in April and the updated breakfast menu is great. They had some healthier but tasty new items such as the vegetable frittata, avocado and poached eggs on toast and an awesome homemade granola.

You can get eggs from the omelette station. I prefer breakfast at the main dining room than the buffet. The food is so much better and its cooked to order. Also they have fillet mignon on sea day brunch... dont miss that.

The only time we will eat at the buffet is if we have an early port time and need to get a little bite to eat and we dont have time to sit at the mdr.

No, it is casual so shorts and flip flops type attire is allowed. I was on this cruise in April and the updated breakfast menu is great. They had some healthier but tasty new items such as the vegetable frittata, avocado and poached eggs on toast and an awesome homemade granola.

Thank you. This will be our first cruise, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can.

On port days you will often see people dressed for shore in the MDR at breakfast. We often wear shorts and a Tee over our swimsuits along with bringing our beach bag so we can debark without having to go back to our room.

I agree with the new menu for breakfast. The omelets, granola and even the oatmeal is delicious. If you want eggs made to order this is the place.

I last went on the Fascination on Oct. 2016 bit if they have not changed the menus, you can find them by looking throughout my Fascination review in my signature below. We where on the sailing where they first rolled out the American Table menu and concept (no tablecloths) so if it's all the same as current ones you will find your menu answers there. We did not use the MDR for breakfast but the omelet station made eggs cooked to order, be it scrambled, whites or over easy/ sunny side up. I always had an omelet each morning.

You can also see the dailies for my sailing. Some activities might have changed since then but it might help you get an idea about times for some of them.

I definetly plan on going to the MDR at least for dinner and maybe even lunch but i admit in previous cruises i like the buffet during AM at times...

We just debarked from the Fascination on Sunday, Sept. 23. No lunch is available in the MDR. Lunch is the buffet on the Lido or Guy's burgers or The Red Frog Taco Bar. The breakfast is so much better in the MDR than at the Coconut Grove on the Lido.