Input needed ASAP--LCV upgrade to veranda

hiccups

Hello Azamara cruisers. We just got called for an LCV upgrade from an OV (4054, I think) to a Veranda. A quick booking check shows 6016, 6079, 6083 and 8007 available. If anyone can provide any input as to which might be a good choice, I'd appreciate it. This is for the 4/20 Quest cruise from Lisbon to Barcelona. I thought the even cabins would have a better view, but as 6016 is above the lounge, we might want to stay away from that.

TIA for any help!

Well, the TA called back, and only 6016 and 6079 were available, so we went with 6079. We may not like the location as well as our original OV, but the veranda will be nice to have! Very glad to have snagged the elusive upgrade!

Hello Azamara cruisers. We just got called for an LCV upgrade from an OV (4054, I think) to a Veranda. A quick booking check shows 6016, 6079, 6083 and 8007 available. If anyone can provide any input as to which might be a good choice, I'd appreciate it. This is for the 4/20 Quest cruise from Lisbon to Barcelona. I thought the even cabins would have a better view, but as 6016 is above the lounge, we might want to stay away from that.

TIA for any help!

We are on the same cruise, has it's very

port intensive with very little sea time I would go for 6079 a nice quite location.

Has to the view most of the travel will be at night.

Well, the TA called back, and only 6016 and 6079 were available, so we went with 6079. We may not like the location as well as our original OV, but the veranda will be nice to have! Very glad to have snagged the elusive upgrade![/quote.

Our posts must have crossed, that is the one I would have chosen.

We have had it before, congratulations on the upgrade.

Edited by Bloodaxe

We are on the same cruise, has it's very

port intensive with very little sea time I would go for 6079 a nice quite location.

Has to the view most of the travel will be at night.

Good point about travelling at night! It would have been nice to have gotten an upgrade on our 13 night cruise last year to get more bang for the buck, but I'm happy to have the chance to experience a veranda on AZ. Overall we got a fantastic deal on this cruise between the Nights on Us sale, LCV discount and LCV quarterly sale, plus we got the booking onboard OBC.

Congratulations on your upgrade! I see they are still calling instead of contacting via email and allowing some time to decide. Lucky you that you were able to answer that phone.

Ivi

They called my TA, who called me, but I didn't recognize the number and let it go to VM! LOL. Luckily I listened right away, and she also sent an email. Not sure if any of the other cabins would have been available had I answered the phone, but sounds like we got a good cabin anyway. I didn't expect any upgrades would be available, and if there were, I thought it would be closer to sailing date, since we're still a month out.

I have often wondered about Azamara phoning about an upgrade when one lives in a completely different time zone!

I hope that it doesn’t disadvantage us for our Baltic cruise in August where we have applied for an upgrade.

What is the experience of Australians and New Zealanders in this regard?

I have often wondered about Azamara phoning about an upgrade when one lives in a completely different time zone!

I hope that it doesn’t disadvantage us for our Baltic cruise in August where we have applied for an upgrade.

What is the experience of Australians and New Zealanders in this regard?

Unfortunately, it appears we 'miss out' because of the time zone. I have enquired but a response hasn't been forthcoming. Bit disappointed really

Edited by aussie travel bird

I did a mock booking online this morning, and a cabin showed as available on Deck 7, so I contacted my TA to see if we might be able to get it. At first they told her it wasn't an upgrade option because it was a V2, but when she asked them to double check with LCV, they came back and said yes! Starting this trip out great :)