Viking toiletries

Twitchly

I didn't have any problems either but everybody reacts differently to these things.
True. Wasn't there a big thread a while back about toiletries? Someone was afraid they wouldn't like the them (was it allergies?) but it turned out they were just fine after Viking sent them samples in advance of the cruise. Maybe it was on the rivers forum.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

True. Wasn't there a big thread a while back about toiletries? Someone was afraid they wouldn't like the them (was it allergies?) but it turned out they were just fine after Viking sent them samples in advance of the cruise. Maybe it was on the rivers forum.

You are right. It was at the end of December and it was more about allergies to possible ingredients. I took pictures of the bottles but never got back to post them. One of these days I will figure out how to copy the URLs from my phone so that I can post them here while cruising.

If you are particular, bring your own. Otherwise the products are just fine. My daughter travels with me and prefers a more intensive conditioner so she brings that but otherwise the Freya is just fine.

I liked them. My only problem was that I forgot to bring my shower "pouf" for the gel. The washcloth just didn't foam it enough for me....and in 11 countries....and 3 weeks....there was not one "pouf" to be found! I guess "poufs" are not a European thing!:D:D:D:D:D:D

• 3 weeks later...
I liked them. My only problem was that I forgot to bring my shower "pouf" for the gel. The washcloth just didn't foam it enough for me....and in 11 countries....and 3 weeks....there was not one "pouf" to be found! I guess "poufs" are not a European thing!:D:D:D:D:D:D

I don't particularly love the Freya products, but they're good enough so I don't have to pack my own other than shampoo since I need sulfite/sodium chloride free. The shower gel is clear and very thin and watery. The conditioner is fair, and the body lotion was good... not greasy which is usually an issue with me.

If in doubt bring your own. I used the Freya products. They are non scented. I love the towels and the wash cloths provided , and the heated floor especially at night . It is soothing for tired feet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It depends on what product you (and your hair) are used to.

I used the shampoo and conditioner this time, but will bring my own next time.

Hubs is not fussy and was fine with it. I felt it was not as moisturizing as my usual products.

Same with the body lotion---not as rich as what I normally use.

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Peregrina, you don’t stop to amaze me!! (y) You are :halo:

I didn’t have any problems with Freyja last year but now I have to bring my shampoo...lol...or maybe not

Edited by vnb2003
misspelling

Thanks, everyone! I’ll try the Freyja but will also bring my own hair goop just in case.

We use the Freyja products in the room for both our bodies and our hand laundry (just like Tide, shampoo is detergent designed to remove body oils; the only difference is the amount of suds/lather produced). Any liquid that I don't have to figure out how to pack into a 3 oz bottle in a quart-sized baggie works for me.

That was me and it was before our river cruise. I’m very happy with the Frey’s products and just used them on our Viking Ocean cruise in March. I have skin that reacts negatively to all sorts of products. I had no problems with them either time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Okay-I interrogated DH over dinner last night. He is a relatively non-fussy male who uses Pantene moisturizing shampoo and conditioner from Costco. He felt the VO toiletries were sub-par. In his words "they were like shampoo and conditioner at a cheap hotel". Can't confirm if that is related to chlorine level, and if so---all the more reason to bring your own product.

So again--it truly depends on what you are used to using. If you use any level of moisturizing shampoo or conditioner or have color-treated or processed hair---bring your normal products. Same with body lotion.

Not worth saving space to have bad hair or dry skin on vacation.

I use smaller nalgene bottles from Container Store to bring all my hair and skin potions. I don't carry on so it doesn't make a huge difference.

Bring your own products. I sailed Viking river when the products were L'Occitane. I love L'Occitane. I was surprised when they switched to Freya. Unfortunately, not being prepared for the change, I left my products home. I used Freya. It was very drying. Bought shampoo/conditioner as soon as we got to a port. Now I always pack my own products.

The shampoo, conditioner and body lotion supplied in the spa showers are wonderful. They are scented and are available to purchase.

That's what I thought and I use high end products at home. The only thing I missed - I forgot to bring my detangler. My hair is really long and I need it, but even without it wasn't that bad. Their conditioner is great!

Bring your own products. I sailed Viking river when the products were L'Occitane. I love L'Occitane. I was surprised when they switched to Freya. Unfortunately, not being prepared for the change, I left my products home. I used Freya. It was very drying. Bought shampoo/conditioner as soon as we got to a port. Now I always pack my own products.

Again different strokes... I didn't like the L'Occitane scent at all. I got some to try when I heard that was the product the supplied, because I really didn't want to have to bring my own. After I got them, I found out that Viking was switching to Freya. I'm the person who wrote that they sent me samples to try.

I get rashes, itching, hives all sorts of skin reactions to various products, but the Freya was fine.