Sneak Peek at New River Cruise Line U by Uniworld: First Impressions

Host Jazzbeau

There are plenty of things listed there I would appreciate - paperless, WhatsApp connectivity, widely available (i hope) wifi, interesting excursions, sharing of the social media wall...and I'm cautiously optimistic about the dining concept.

There are plenty of things listed there I would appreciate - paperless, WhatsApp connectivity, widely available (i hope) wifi, interesting excursions, sharing of the social media wall...and I'm cautiously optimistic about the dining concept.

I see you are doing the Nile in November.

We have signed on for the February 2, 2019 cruise and are planning to do the pre cruise tour to Jordon.

Already made plane reservations for the outbound trip with a stopover in Dubai.

Do you have any idea how your cruise is selling?

I think that many have not been full.

Four of us are on the same Egypt Cruise. We are coming from an Israel and Jordan tour and will be arriving in Cairo a day after the Egypt tour starts (the evening before flying to Luxor). This will be our 12th Uniworld cruise and we are looking forward to returning to Egypt and seeing the upper Nile.

So what exactly is included in the excursion to the “coffee shop” lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Interesting scenario. My understanding is you need ID....local ID, to purchase and partake in the goods. It was Amsterdam's way of trying to control the huge influx of undesirables flocking to the city and creating a negative image.

• Members

Hi all, I can answer a few questions:

Yes, U by Uniworld is now open to all adults. That being said, they say they are not changing the programming so it will remain "youthful" in nature. That's what our editor experienced on the sneak peek.

And we are sending two of our millennial-aged staff; one of them, in particularly, already has significant river cruise experience on a variety of lines. Ellen Bettridge, head of Uniworld and U by Uniworld, will be onboard her sailing, so we'll be able to get more info on this very interesting new line.

Interesting scenario. My understanding is you need ID....local ID, to purchase and partake in the goods. It was Amsterdam's way of trying to control the huge influx of undesirables flocking to the city and creating a negative image.

Probably to receive the free heroin and needles you need to be a resident. But that is done in a special park not at the coffee houses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

Here is an article from and for the river cruising industry about the U and how to sell it: http://www.travelweekly.co.uk/articles/300247/uniworld-implores-agents-to-sell-the-hell-out-of-u-brand

Just a few more days to go and hopefully I will be able to spot the "A" on the river, will it look like a black monstrosity or modern and hip? I look forward to finding out.

notamermaid