Avalon price drop question

Europeantraveler1

We made a reservation in Feb. for a fall, 2019 river cruise with Avalon.

Now we see that Avalon is having a sale at almost $200/p/p less for the same, exact cruise and room category as what we booked last month.

Does anyone know......will Avalon honor the sale price for those of us who paid the higher price for the same staterooms (just a month ago) and are now on sale?

We booked with Avalon last year for this June. I was periodically looking to see the price after we booked saw that it went down by about $500 pp. Called my travel agent. She told me that river cruise companies don't normally give a lower rate once you are booked in. But she called, got a manager and argued on our behalf and they gave us the lower price. Not saying they will always do it but it worked for us. Good Luck.

Typically sales note "for new reservations only" and therefore won't apply for existing bookings. Does the sale have this noted in the fine print? So what many people would do is cancel the existing booking and rebook, which works if you have a refundable deposit, but not otherwise....

Never hurts to ask, but I wouldn't expect to get the lower price -or what is the benefit for cruiselines to encourage early booking?

Daisi - I am looking for both general information on Avalon & specific info on the Expression. Can you tell me where the "ALL THINGS AVALON" thread is located. Thanks

It's just a bit further down the page....https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2353182

Lots of great info and if you have any questions, there are lots of people who are very helpful. The Expression looks like one of the "Suite Ships". We are going to be on the Imagery ll in May. I think they are all laid out the same, just a bit different decor.

If you wish, you can also search the cruise you are looking at by typing in the river into the search bar, and Avalon (eg Avalon Danube) and you will pull up threads.

Hope this helps,

We are eagerly looking forward to our first cruise as well. If you are on facebook, you can message Avalon with questions, and they do answer back (sometimes takes a day). From the initial booking with our TA, where she called them while I was with her, to all my questions through facebook messages, they have been great. The people in here are really helpful as well, and very patient when you have questions that your aren't sure about how things work. Hope you have a great trip.

Perfect. Thanks for the link. This is my first Avalon River Cruise so I'm anxious to learn the "scoop." Cruise Critic participants are always sooooo helpful. Thanks again & thanks for answering so quickly.

Holly, you're going to love it. We've done two Avalons so far with a third one booked for July 2018. We first did the Rhine and Moselle from Amsterdam to Basel. In 2016 we did Vienna to Amsterdam (not on the books any more. Perhaps because it's just a bit shorter, but basically the same as the Budapest to AMS "Magnificent Europe."

Both these cruises were fantastic because AVALON is fantastic.

In July we're doing Basel to Vienna. It will repeat much of what we've already done but we don't care! We just love being on the rivers and wouldn't even consider another cruise line!