A few Boston questions

udamom

Will be in port Thursday 10/9 on the NCL Gem. We are not real early risers so will probably make it off the ship sometime between 9-10am. I am a little confused on transportation from Black Falcon pier.

I am debating between trying to use public transit, or taking a taxi (cost?) or purchasing the HOHO trolley (not sure I would use enough of this to make it worth it)

I would like to go to the Faneuil Hall/Quincy market area and maybe walk over to long wharf and take the MBTA water taxi over to USS Constitution. Then time permitting walk around some of the Freedom Trail or Boston Common area. Then taxi or bus back to ship.

From looking at the websites I am a little unsure of where I would go off the boat to get to the silver line (which I think it a bus line right?) And that takes you to the T red line to Faneuil Hall? Is this much of a hassle or fairly easy to do?

Also what is the distance from the Faneuil Hall area to the Long Wharf MBTA ferry departure area? When you get to Long Wharf the ferry is easy to find? It appears to run every 15minutes in both directions so seems it would be easy to use without stressing over times.

thanks for any info!

The Silver Line is well signed, there will also be dozens of people at the port who can point you in the right direction. You can take the Silver Line to South Station and then take a nice walk along the Greenway (above The Big Dig, that everyone paid for) to Faneuil Hall. The Freedom Trail goes right by there, too.

Taking the free transfer to the Red Line towards Alewife (and Cambridge) gets you a little closer to Faneuil Hall, if you get off at State Street, but if it's a nice day, I'd recommend the walk instead.

Faneuil Hall and Long Wharf are extremely near each other. Check a map to see.

Edited by Nitemare