Acadia carriage ride questions

DanaJW

If you have taken the private carriage ride tour, Carriages of Acadia, I have a few questions:

1. Which tour length did you take? 1, 2, 3, or 4 hour?

2. How did you get from the cruise ship to the carriage ride location at Acadia National Park?

3. Did you enjoy this tour?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
If you have taken the private carriage ride tour, Carriages of Acadia, I have a few questions:

1. Which tour length did you take? 1, 2, 3, or 4 hour?

2. How did you get from the cruise ship to the carriage ride location at Acadia National Park?

3. Did you enjoy this tour?

I have taken 2 of the carriage tours (not private): Day Mountain Summit and Mr. Rockefeller's Bridge Tour (2 hours), and enjoyed both.

To get to the stables, you could go by taxi, and let the driver know that you'll need a return ride. The other option would be the free bus, Island Explorer. Routes #'s 3 & 4, previously mentioned, do not directly go to the stables but do the Park Loop Road which will require an entry fee to the park.

Additionally, I don't think that Route #3 has the stable on its route, and Route #4 starts at the Visitors' Center, not the Village Green. A Route #5 starts at the Village Green, does not do the Park Loop Road, and has the stable on its route.

SBtS

Route 4 is the only one that goes by Wildwood Stables and it does stop there.

Route 3 leaves from Village Green, and you can transfer to Route 4 at Sand Beach.

All true..

but

why pay the park entrance fee if you don't have too, why transfer buses if you don't have too, and why spend more time on the bus when you have limited time? You face none of those obstacles on a Route 5 bus. The stables are not a designated stop for the #5, but you could request that the bus stop at the entrance road to the stable.

SBtS

The earliest drop off at the entrance road to the stables (between stops D and E) would be 9:50 am on the #5 shuttle. It's a .6 mile walk from there. At lot of cruisers do the 9:45 am Rockefeller's Bridge Tour so that wouldn't work.

Not sure how taking the #5 shuttle would absolve you from paying the park entrance fee?

The #4 shuttle drops you off right where you need to be at 9:32 am.

The earliest drop off at the entrance road to the stables (between stops D and E) would be 9:50 am on the #5 shuttle. It's a .6 mile walk from there. At lot of cruisers do the 9:45 am Rockefeller's Bridge Tour so that wouldn't work.

Not sure how taking the #5 shuttle would absolve you from paying the park entrance fee?

The #4 shuttle drops you off right where you need to be at 9:32 am.

Again, all true...

but..

you would avoid the park entrance fee because the #5 bus does NOT use the one way portion of the Park Loop Rd where the entrance station is located. The #5 bus uses the 2 way portion of the Park Loop Rd and there is no entrance fee on that.

I thought that the OP was asking about a private carriage tour, and there are no indicated starting times for such tours.

Also, nothing in the OP indicated that there would be a problem in walking.

BTW, do we know what cruise ship the OP is on and when tendering will start?

SBtS

Again, all true...

but..

you would avoid the park entrance fee because the #5 bus does NOT use the one way portion of the Park Loop Rd where the entrance station is located. The #5 bus uses the 2 way portion of the Park Loop Rd and there is no entrance fee on that.

I thought that the OP was asking about a private carriage tour, and there are no indicated starting times for such tours.

Also, nothing in the OP indicated that there would be a problem in walking.

BTW, do we know what cruise ship the OP is on and when tendering will start?

SBtS

If the objective is to circumvent the park fees then the #5 shuttle would make more sense.

Thanks, I missed that they were doing a private tour.

Looks like they are on the Celebrity Summit with tendering starting at 7:15.