How Caribbean Cruise Ports Are Focusing on Hurricane Preparedness

LauraS

We saw the programme about Tortola, the other week- I think Thomson/Marella and P&O were there before Christmas. One sad part was the whole sandbar, with a bar on it, which had been someone's life work, had been washed away. The sand bar has returned, and already they are planting small palm trees on it, and looking to the future.

We saw the programme about Tortola, the other week- I think Thomson/Marella and P&O were there before Christmas. One sad part was the whole sandbar, with a bar on it, which had been someone's life work, had been washed away. The sand bar has returned, and already they are planting small palm trees on it, and looking to the future.

That is good news.

I wonder if mother nature set the sand bar up again or if it was a man made construction. Either way it would be good for tourism.

No, it disappeared in the storm, then was recreated in roughly the same position later on by the sea. I see that sort of thing on our local beach quite a lot... no-one's ever tried building on them though!

No, it disappeared in the storm, then was recreated in roughly the same position later on by the sea. I see that sort of thing on our local beach quite a lot... no-one's ever tried building on them though!

I am glad that nature recreated it but would be wary on any building on there latest.