Question on Viking Prague Extension

CCJack

Has anyone done the 3 night pre-cruise Prague extension? We booked this prior to our Nuremberg to Budapest Danube cruise. I am wondering what the day is like traveling from Prague to Nuremberg. What time do they bus you to Nuremberg from your Prague hotel? What time do you arrive? I am wondering if we can plan something for the morning in Prague (or something for the afternoon in Nuremberg). There are not many details on the viking website and no excursions listed for that day. thank you.

Hopefully someone who has done this with Viking will reply, but in the meantime I can let you know how things were done with Uniworld.

We had to be ready to board the bus around noon-ish. Our bags had been collected earlier so we had a few hours to explore Prague on our own. We did pick up some snacks and beverages for the bus ride. There was one pit stop just before the German boarder, but with limited facilities and numerous buses and trucks it was a little hectic.

The bus ride is under 4 hours, so you will get to the ship in time to unpack and get ready for introductions and dinner.

The ship's location in Nuremberg is quite a distance from old town and public transit is not easy from that location. About a €15 cab ride.

RB

Has anyone done the 3 night pre-cruise Prague extension? We booked this prior to our Nuremberg to Budapest Danube cruise. I am wondering what the day is like traveling from Prague to Nuremberg. What time do they bus you to Nuremberg from your Prague hotel? What time do you arrive? I am wondering if we can plan something for the morning in Prague (or something for the afternoon in Nuremberg). There are not many details on the viking website and no excursions listed for that day. thank you.

Caveat: Viking and others do modify their tour plans.

Did the pre-cruise in Prague with Viking.

We had time in the morning to go shopping before our later morning trip to Nuremberg. Takes several hours ~3.5 with a rest stop making it ~4. You would have a few hours in Nuremberg before 7PM dinner. Viking sometimes has a shuttle from ship dock to city but I don't recall one that afternoon. Any plans at either end should be flexible, not private tours, as timing can vary.

We did this with only one night in Prague before the cruise. Viking were very well organised and since many of the tours are included, there is no incentive to go off-piste. Our only complaint was that a bag that I left on a coach in Prague vanished without trace.