Coffee 24/7 on the Muse?

Hanoverian

I have looked at ship's pictures and read the Arts Cafe and Observation Library descriptions, but I still cannot find out if it is possible to get a cup of coffee 24/7 without disturbing staff. Perhaps a machine somewhere? Somewhat critical, but not fatal, to us early birds.

If I remember correctly there is a machine in the Observation Lounge

Thank you, Spectre. I was hoping that would be the answer as the Observation Lounge would be a great place to sip a cup, watch the sun come up, and take in the views.

Thank you, Spectre. I was hoping that would be the answer as the Observation Lounge would be a great place to sip a cup, watch the sun come up, and take in the views.

Different Silversea ship, but I just returned from Silver Wind, where the Observation Lounge had 24-hour self-serve coffee, tea, and espresso. There were 5-6 of us up there for sunrise each morning (around 6:15 am), which was generally when we were nearing our port for the day. The Illy espresso maker has little pods to make it easy and less messy. I was rather proud of my barista abilities by the end of the cruise ;)

It is a lovely place to catch the sunrise and watch the views, a gorgeous way to start the day in the quiet company of others.

My sense is that this is a standard feature across the fleet. And I hope so, as I'll be on the Muse in summer 2019 :)

Unibok, I hope so, but I'm not sure that applies to the Muse. I've poured over the available photos of Tor's Observation Lounge on the Muse, and can see no trace of a coffee area. But I do see it on the other ships in the Observation lounge.

Unibok, I hope so, but I'm not sure that applies to the Muse. I've poured over the available photos of Tor's Observation Lounge on the Muse, and can see no trace of a coffee area. But I do see it on the other ships in the Observation lounge.

Oh dear, Kate, I see what you mean -- I just scoured the pics as well :loudcry:

I'll be very interested in hearing your report when you return. As that was one of my favorite morning rituals, all fingers are crossed!

On the Wind last july besides the expresso machine as noted above, the OL steward/stewardass about 6 a.m., then puts out thermos/urns of both Regular and Decaf.

If you want a cup of coffee or cappuccino before 5 am you might try what I do since am up at 4:30am daily to begin morning workout. Have room service bring me a cappuccino, leaving our suite door cracked not as to wake DW..he sets the tray on in the bathroom.

As much as Silversea prefers to serve you, they do now have these self-help lilly espresso machines in the Wind (hopefully other SS ships). Do wish they would invest more in the self help machines that prepare both espresso, latte's and cappuccino's 24/7.

Thanks for the comments and tips, Unibok and WesW. Icannot find a machine on the photos, either, but find it hard to believe that all ships but the Muse would have a machine. Great tip on how not to disturb your cabin mate, Colonel, although I swore that I would never arise any earlier than 6:30 ever again after boot camp. Still, the bathroom tip will also work during other times during the day for instance, when is taking a nap and the other isn't. And we plan to busy enough before and during the May Dublin to Barcelona cruise to need the occasional nap.

Thanks for the comments and tips, Unibok and WesW. Icannot find a machine on the photos, either, but find it hard to believe that all ships but the Muse would have a machine. Great tip on how not to disturb your cabin mate, Colonel, although I swore that I would never arise any earlier than 6:30 ever again after boot camp. Still, the bathroom tip will also work during other times during the day for instance, when is taking a nap and the other isn't. And we plan to busy enough before and during the May Dublin to Barcelona cruise to need the occasional nap.

Having been on the Muse several months ago and several doors down from the Observation Lounge on Deck 11, there is no self service coffee available, no machine, nothing. You can order it from the bar when open. This was a big bone of contention with passengers whether it be early morning or when passing through a scenic route. So, unless they added self service coffee in the past few months, you need to BYOC when the bar is closed.

Having been on the Muse several months ago and several doors down from the Observation Lounge on Deck 11, there is no self service coffee available, no machine, nothing. You can order it from the bar when open. This was a big bone of contention with passengers whether it be early morning or when passing through a scenic route. So, unless they added self service coffee in the past few months, you need to BYOC when the bar is closed.

Thanks, Focused1, that is surprising and disappointing to learn. We will just have to figure out a work around.

We will be aboard the Muse on April 21.

I will look for early coffee machine.

But not at 4:30 am.

While I often wake up at that time, it's to take some aspirin to prevent the arthritic discomfort and then I usually try to go back to sleep!

Any other questions? I will be happy to research while aboard.

• 2 weeks later...

On the Muse the Arts café opens at 6:30 am and closes at 11:00pm, has drinks and snacks of all kinds. The Observation lounge/library has a bar that opens at 6:00 pm. I do not believe there is a self service station anywhere on the ship. You may order from the room service menu any time from anywhere on the ship. If you want coffee or food while in the Observation lounge just call and they will bring it.

hypercafe, thanks for reporting back. It sounds like there may be a steady stream of early morning room service requests to the Observation Lounge -- mine included.

We all might consider using the end-of-voyage questionnaire to request a self-serve illy somewhere onboard the Muse. At 5:30 - 6:00 in the morning, I'd still rather do it myself than call for room service, wait, and then chat when they deliver it. After all, I haven't had my coffee yet lol.