Disembarkation port changed 3 weeks before cruise...

gladgirl

We are on Avalon Waterways April 13 Danube Dreams cruise. Our documents have been updated to indicate we will disembark in Passau not Deggendorf. We are planning on taking the train to Munich before flying out from Munich the following day.

Is this change probably set and O should go ahead and buy our train tix? Or should I just wait and buy them the day of travel?

And, does anyone know why our final port would have changed?

Thank you

One of the stretches on the Danube that is problematic (low water problems) is between Passau and Regensburg. Deggendorf is halfway in between the two. So either they anticipate water level issues or there is some reason they cannot dock there. Why not call the cruise line and see what they say.

We had the misfortune to be stranded in Deggendorf on our fateful Christmas Cruise 2012. 4 days. You will not regret it if you actually see Deggendorf. There is nothing actually wrong with Deggendorf, but it is a little like just going around your local area. We could not get under/past the bridge at Passau.

Passau is a lovely old city, and you dock right in there, I would have been dismayed if I was still having to embark/disembark in Deggendorf. FYI there is NOTHING open on New Years' Day in Deggendorf - including the railway station!!

Have a wonderful cruise! :D:D:)