***My weightloss secerets***

Join me on my journey.

I lost 24 pounds last week on Weight Watchers. I quit WW and I was doing pretty good. WW got to be quiet expensive so I quiet. I joined the YMCA in Jan of this year. I was pretty faithful about going until I got sick. It lasted about 3 weeks. I went back to the gym and got sick again, and out of the gym again for 3 more weeks. I got on my scales yesterday...and of course....Ive gained 10lbs!! Not a big surprise, just a big dissappointment.

So now Im determined! Our first cruise is in about 4 months. I hope to at least lose 25lbs. Actually, Im not as concentrated on the pounds as I am on getting toned. I have always been one to be really self concious....even before I gained the weight. My goal is to wear my BIKINI....yes a bikini....and be confident. I dont have to be the cutest thing around but I just want to be confident. It not rocket science.....just diet and exersize.

So anyway, Im VERY motivated. Im still not 100% well but I did start back to the gym.

I have 3 goals right now:

1.)Go to the gym AT LEAST 3 times per week.

2.)Work out on my Total Fitness Gym at least 4 times per week.

3.)Each day I replace one meal with a salad and a boiled egg. Not the kind of salad with meat, cheese and creamy dressing. Just a plain vegetable salad with Italian dressing.

I have written these 3 goals with a 2 week calander under each goal. I check off each day that I meet the goal. This stays posted on my fridge.

I really love to work out. However, food is a big problem for me. I like to eat out on weekends. I have partys or showers scheduled for every weekend in June. Shewwww.....pray and cross your fingers.

I also Love ice cream. Seriously, when I lived on my own I would have 5 containers of ice-cream in my freezer at any given time. I have this motto implanted in my head. "Do you want some ice-cream? Go look in the mirrior. Do you still want some ice-cream?" Hopefully not.:o

I have also been eating better for breakfast and dinner. Sometimes my mind tells me I want more but just wait about 20 minutes and get busy doing something else....like blogging on cruisecritics.....and give yourself time to feel full.

I also promise myself to weigh (UGH!) at least 2 times per week. I started gaining when I stopped weighing myself. I dont think lbs are as important as inches but they do keep me on track.

I hope my little goals work for you too.

I will keep posting on my progress. At least once per week. Hopefully this will help hold me accountable. Feel free to join.

We will see how it goes.

Post your little secrets to weithloss. I would love to hear it.

Here are some foods that help me along.

1.) Pickels: I Love pickels and they are very low calorie.

2.) Nutrisystem: I found Nutrisystem meals at Big Lots. At first I was weary thinking they were outdated or something. But I tried it and didnt kill over plus they taste great. So far I have tried Chili with Beans (230 calories) It looks like a small portion but it filled me up. Vegetable Lasagna with Basil Tomatoe Sauce (250 cals) This is actually a pretty good portion.

3.) Weight Watchers Fudge Bars. Not sure the calories but I rememeber they were only one point on WW and they are HUGE!

4.) Jello. They have sugar free jello made with Splenda. They only have 60 calories. Yesterday I tried a new flavor bannana with chocolate on top. It was SOOO good.

5.) Frigo Cheese Heads Light String Mozzerella 60 calories

6.) Laughing Cow Light cheese wedges. 35 Calories....SOOOO GOOD!

7.) Fiber One Bar. My favorite flavor is Oats and Chocolate. 140 calories/ bar. I typically dont get hyper over anything but eating these things give me so much energy. Great for breakfast on the go.

8.) I Love Baked tostito Scoops 120 cals. Plus salsa is next to nothing in calories. Also, I love salsa with Laughing Cow cheese.

I will try to post more later. Gotta go to work.

Now this is a post that is realistic and makes a lot of sense! I've been up and down 10 lbs this last year, was a die hard gym bunny but due to a broken elbow, several flu bouts and a bad car accident haven't been in my usual routine for several months.

I'm doing some small things too that worked..mostly cutting out the wheat/gluten thing, cooking my own food, no coffee. I need to get back into the gym daily the way I used to for 2 hours per day. Now it's 4x per week 1 hour each which is ok.

One trick I tell myself "I don't need 5 cookies, the serving size is 2". Another is, "Na, I don't need the macaroni and cheese tonite, I have the rest of my life to eat it". I try to do the one day at a time concept. If I want a dessert I take the time to make a homemade cake or have an elegant dessert at a fine restaurant..I don't want to waste calories on crap like oreos, I'd rather enjoy the dessert experience.

My biggest tip is to make my own food, so I know what I'm eating. I can't live without my pressure cooker. Cheaper, too , and eating out doesn't taste the same to me when I do eat out. Taste like chemicals! If I eat out, I try to eat at an ethinic place like Indian or portugese, etc. as other culture's diets tend to incorporte more beans and lentils.

Join me on my journey.

I lost 24 pounds last week on Weight Watchers. I quit WW and I was doing pretty good. WW got to be quiet expensive so I quiet. I joined the YMCA in Jan of this year. I was pretty faithful about going until I got sick. It lasted about 3 weeks. I went back to the gym and got sick again, and out of the gym again for 3 more weeks. I got on my scales yesterday...and of course....Ive gained 10lbs!! Not a big surprise, just a big dissappointment.

So now Im determined! Our first cruise is in about 4 months. I hope to at least lose 25lbs. Actually, Im not as concentrated on the pounds as I am on getting toned. I have always been one to be really self concious....even before I gained the weight. My goal is to wear my BIKINI....yes a bikini....and be confident. I dont have to be the cutest thing around but I just want to be confident. It not rocket science.....just diet and exersize.

So anyway, Im VERY motivated. Im still not 100% well but I did start back to the gym.

I have 3 goals right now:

1.)Go to the gym AT LEAST 3 times per week.

2.)Work out on my Total Fitness Gym at least 4 times per week.

3.)Each day I replace one meal with a salad and a boiled egg. Not the kind of salad with meat, cheese and creamy dressing. Just a plain vegetable salad with Italian dressing.

I have written these 3 goals with a 2 week calander under each goal. I check off each day that I meet the goal. This stays posted on my fridge.

I really love to work out. However, food is a big problem for me. I like to eat out on weekends. I have partys or showers scheduled for every weekend in June. Shewwww.....pray and cross your fingers.

I also Love ice cream. Seriously, when I lived on my own I would have 5 containers of ice-cream in my freezer at any given time. I have this motto implanted in my head. "Do you want some ice-cream? Go look in the mirrior. Do you still want some ice-cream?" Hopefully not.:o

I have also been eating better for breakfast and dinner. Sometimes my mind tells me I want more but just wait about 20 minutes and get busy doing something else....like blogging on cruisecritics.....and give yourself time to feel full.

I also promise myself to weigh (UGH!) at least 2 times per week. I started gaining when I stopped weighing myself. I dont think lbs are as important as inches but they do keep me on track.

I hope my little goals work for you too.

I will keep posting on my progress. At least once per week. Hopefully this will help hold me accountable. Feel free to join.

We will see how it goes.

Post your little secrets to weithloss. I would love to hear it.

I've lost 15 pounds in the past 6 months. Not a lot, I know, but it's a step in the right direction. The biggest change I made was not eating after 7PM. I read somewhere to not eat 4 hours before bedtime. It was tough at first because night time is my absolute worst time for binging...but so far, so good.;)

I love ice cream too....I like the Skinny Cow brand, especially the Skinny Dippers...only 80 calories and chocolate! :)

Good luck to you brown eyed girl.....look forward to reading about your progress.

I have drastically cut down my calorie intake from what I usually eat. Im not going to lie. Sometimes I feel so hungry that I could eat my own left foot. But I just try to change my thinking. Sounds silly, I know, but its true. If you just change the way youre thinking it does impact your actions. Kind of like brainwashing yourself. LOL

When I think Im going to 'starve' from eating a salad for lunch I remind myself that being a little hungry means that at that exact moment I am burning calories. Calories are nothing more than energy. If I burn more energy than I consume of course my body will beg for more. BUT....if there is no consumable calories that means that my body will start to burn that nasty fat in my thighs. So then that little hunger thought will make me happy not obsessive about food.

Here is something else I thought about today. Why is it that we can eat to the point of making ourselves miserable....you physically feel awful and there are terrible long term affects....however, if you cut a few calories and feel the tiny-ist bit hungry....oh geez...we just cant stand it. Shouldnt uncomfortable be unconfortable? Why is it so much worse when we 'deprive' ourselves rather than when we OVERindulge? It really doesnt make sense when you think about it.

When you start to feel a little hungry just remember....You really AREN'T going to starve.....:D

Now this is a post that is realistic and makes a lot of sense! I've been up and down 10 lbs this last year, was a die hard gym bunny but due to a broken elbow, several flu bouts and a bad car accident haven't been in my usual routine for several months.

Are you still able to work out with no pain after your accident?

I'm doing some small things too that worked..mostly cutting out the wheat/gluten thing, cooking my own food, no coffee. I need to get back into the gym daily the way I used to for 2 hours per day. Now it's 4x per week 1 hour each which is ok.

One trick I tell myself "I don't need 5 cookies, the serving size is 2".

Can you believe how much more than 1 serving we are used to eating? Its insane.

Another is, "Na, I don't need the macaroni and cheese tonite, I have the rest of my life to eat it".

This may be bad but mine goes like this: Dont eat it now I would rather have that milkshake on the cruise!!

I try to do the one day at a time concept. If I want a dessert I take the time to make a homemade cake or have an elegant dessert at a fine restaurant..I don't want to waste calories on crap like oreos, I'd rather enjoy the dessert experience.

I also have a problem with dessert. Im not to picky...hand me something with sugar or chocolate on it and you better watch your fingers. I have learned that there are some things I can NOT have in my house. Oreos are one of these items. I swear I could eat a whole thing of oreos in about 3 days all by myself.

Also, I find that if I do get a dessert, I will either bake something and take it to someones elses house to share. If I bake a whole cake, I will eventually eat the whole cake...not really but you get my drift. Its better to get one serving and leave the rest with someone else. If I eat it at a restraunt at least Im limited. If I have a cake sitting on my counter, I will eat it every time I look at it. Know your limits!

My biggest tip is to make my own food, so I know what I'm eating. I can't live without my pressure cooker. Cheaper, too , and eating out doesn't taste the same to me when I do eat out. Taste like chemicals! If I eat out, I try to eat at an ethinic place like Indian or portugese, etc. as other culture's diets tend to incorporte more beans and lentils.

I've lost 15 pounds in the past 6 months. Congratulations! Not a lot, I know, but it's a step in the right direction. The biggest change I made was not eating after 7PM. I read somewhere to not eat 4 hours before bedtime. It was tough at first because night time is my absolute worst time for binging...but so far, so good.;)

You know I once went on a diet where you can eat any thing you want between something like 12-6PM. I mean absolutely anything and everything but you but you couldnt eat before 12 or after 6:00. I ate hotdogs, ice-cream, whatever. Funny thing is...it actually worked...but I felt AWFUL. Anyway, I Love the idea of not eating after 7:00. I usually have to eat late because I work till 7 or 7:30.

I just got braces about a month ago. I am obsessive about keeping them clean. After I eat I do about a 15 minute routine on my teeth. This has really kept me from eating at night. I really dont want eat something else and have to go thru all that again.

I love ice cream too....I like the Skinny Cow brand, especially the Skinny Dippers...only 80 calories and chocolate! :)

I Love the Skinny Cow ice-cream sandwiches. They taste way better than even the fattening things. I havent tried the Skinny dippers. I'll go pick some up tomorrow. Keep the good advice rolling!

Good luck to you brown eyed girl.....look forward to reading about your progress.

Same to you. Please keep me informed on your journey.

Your stomach is so streteched out from all the past gorging, off course it's going to feel liike "starving" because it'sn ot used to having less food.

I have drastically cut down my calorie intake from what I usually eat. Im not going to lie. Sometimes I feel so hungry that I could eat my own left foot. But I just try to change my thinking. Sounds silly, I know, but its true. If you just change the way youre thinking it does impact your actions. Kind of like brainwashing yourself. LOL

When I think Im going to 'starve' from eating a salad for lunch I remind myself that being a little hungry means that at that exact moment I am burning calories. Calories are nothing more than energy. If I burn more energy than I consume of course my body will beg for more. BUT....if there is no consumable calories that means that my body will start to burn that nasty fat in my thighs. So then that little hunger thought will make me happy not obsessive about food.

Here is something else I thought about today. Why is it that we can eat to the point of making ourselves miserable....you physically feel awful and there are terrible long term affects....however, if you cut a few calories and feel the tiny-ist bit hungry....oh geez...we just cant stand it. Shouldnt uncomfortable be unconfortable? Why is it so much worse when we 'deprive' ourselves rather than when we OVERindulge? It really doesnt make sense when you think about it.

When you start to feel a little hungry just remember....You really AREN'T going to starve.....:D

If you're eating alot of salads watch the dressing. Some are high calorie and alot of preservatives... If your going to get the calories you should try to make them healthier ones. I use a good extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. You can make a simple vinigrette or add fresh herbs, garlic. I use the 3:1 ratio, 3 oil, 1 vinegar. The plus side to this is it has so much flavor that I use less than using store bought dressing.

Change it up and add alittle lime, cilantro, garlic and it makes a good marinade for chicken.

I agree with Gathina. Cooking at home and knowing what you are eating. When you get use to fresh foods & flavors it does make it hard to go out to eat. I like to use herbs not just salt & pepper.

Kelly

Day 3:

So its day 3 of my new leash on life so to speak. I am really sore from working out but I really feel good. I think I will weigh tomorrow morning. Not sure whether my hard work will show on the scale just yet. I tend to notice more in my body composition more than on the scale. We will see! I dare to say I am proud of myself. I have spent about 2 hours a day at the gym. This includes doing cardio, weights, swimming and the steamroom. Last night I got my hubby to walk with me around the neighborhood. It was really nice just to spend that time togather with no TV or telephones.

TIP: Something else I wanted to tell you guys about.....I know that its sometimes hard to squeeze in time for exersize. One way to squeeze in exersize....do floor exersizes during commercials while watching TV. Sit-ups, leg lifts, side crunches.....that sort of thing. Floor exersizes really work. In highschool I was religious about doing them. Of course back then I was doing something like 500/day. I wont even mention how many Im doing now. LOL

TIP: Also, adding little exersizes in your everyday routine. Jumping jacks before you get in the shower....WARNING...Its better to do these WITH clothes ON!!! LOL

20 Squats while brushing your teeth, lunges while carrying clothes to the washer....you get the idea.

How do you add exersize into your everyday routine?

I look at extra trips up and down the stairs (to get things I forgot or need) as extra exercise. I use to think ugh! I have to go down for, or I forgot something. I have my laundry in the basement and shelves for food storage. Now I like making the extra trip because it feels like I am getting something out of it.

Kelly

I weighed this morning. :D :D I LOST 3 POUNDS!!:D :D ! 3 pounds in 3 days.....not bad. YAY! This is really not typical for me. Its usually really hard for me to lose pounds quickly. My theory is this: these 10 pounds I have recently gained is 'new' fat. In my opinion 'new' fat is easier to get rid of than 'old' fat. Its definately not scientific but I swear this is true. Im so excited.....maybe losing 10 pounds in 2 weeks will be a reality!!!

I wasnt able to get my salad in yesterday. I was really dissappointed but I did keep my calories down.

How are you guys doing?

Okay I desperately need to drop about 20 pounds before my cruise. That's at least a pound every 10 days. This spring we've been eating alot of home made stir fry type meals. Can anyone tell me how this is, as far as good diet food or not.

Typically we do chickne or shrimp, seasoned with salt pepper garlic etc (not the sugary bottled stuff), then we add veggies from teh freezer...carrots, celery, peas, green beans, broccolli, onions peppers tomatoes..sometimes a touch of corn

Eat it over Ramen noodles, or white or fried rice.

I do add soy sauce 9 i know the sodium count is horrible)

any suggestions or opinion>

Okay I desperately need to drop about 20 pounds before my cruise. That's at least a pound every 10 days. This spring we've been eating alot of home made stir fry type meals. Can anyone tell me how this is, as far as good diet food or not.

Typically we do chickne or shrimp, seasoned with salt pepper garlic etc (not the sugary bottled stuff), then we add veggies from teh freezer...carrots, celery, peas, green beans, broccolli, onions peppers tomatoes..sometimes a touch of corn

Ditch the " Ramen" noodles, they are fried and loaded w/ sodium!!!!!

use those calories on something better. Have your stir fry w/ brown rice instead.

My hubby has been dieting too. He has been doing sooo good! They had a party at his work. He said he went downstairs and they had cake, brownies and fudge....He did so much better than I would have done. He filled his plate with celery, watermelon, carots, grapes. and cherry tomatoes. He also went out to eat with his parents....they ordered a big plate of onion rings for an apitizer and he didnt touch them! He has lost 8 pounds since Monday! I am so proud of him!!!

Today is Saturday. Weekends are usually where I fail. I always want to relax and eat out on the weekends. Im really nervous about the weekends throughout this month....I have at least one function each weekend involving CAKE!! This weekend I have a cookout, a graduation party, a baby shower and a house warming shower....I cut out 2 of them. Two parties are plenty for one weekend. Im not going to 'not' eat cake....but I will limit myself and prepare for it by eating less calories and squeezing in a few extra workouts. You know, its easier to keep of those calories by knowing how long it takes to burn them off. Tip: Keep track of how long it takes you to burn calories and apply it to your decisions on what you want to eat. For me I burn approx 10 calories in 10 minutes. I crave something, look at the calories, and ask myself if those cookies are worth 17 extra minutes on the ellipitical machine? Stick with it. If you decide to eat something 'extra' then workout 'extra'. Gaining weight is a cause and effect. You eat to much and dont burn off the extra energy> you gain weight. Losing weigh is also a cause and effect: You eat energy then you must burn off that energy >>>then you LOSE! T

The party Im going to tonight will be serving mexican food. I am making my world famous chicken fajitas (okay, maybe not WORLD famous) They dont have a lot of calories and are a great quick and easy dinner. The recipe is below. Pray I keep my 3lbs off this weekend! ;)

Recipe

Fajitas

Chicken breast (Taste better with turkey! See tip below)

Mcgormic Fajita seasoning

onions

peppers

Chop up chickenbreast (if your using turkey just pull the meat),

Cook chickenbreast with a little water. add the Fajita seasoning let cook until the chicken is done. Add onions and peppers!

Serve on a whole wheat tortilla with a dash of salsa or Taco Bell Sauce (I keep extras in a ziplock in the fridge)

Tip: Bake a whole turkey. Divide the meat into smaller portions and put it in ziplock freezer bags and freeze it. This makes a great way for us to get something fast. Turkey is my absolute favorite meat. You can do lot of things with it....put it on salad, make a sandwhich, eat with greenbeans etc as a meal, or make fajitas!

Do you have any good recipes that you make reguarly? If so, let me know. I get tired of the same old things all the time. Its interesting to hear what other people eat.

You can do this! 1 pound every 10 days is very doable. If you have an Aldis near you check out their stirfries! When was your start date to begin this goal? How are you progressing?

How about, instead of telling yourself you are on a diet, you are now relearning how to have a healthy lifestyle?

Are you on a diet or just learning how to have a healthy lifestyle?

Big difference ya know!

You can do this! 1 pound every 10 days is very doable. If you have an Aldis near you check out their stirfries! When was your start date to begin this goal? How are you progressing?

I guess my start date for the goal would be like..NOW...hahah...I booked the cruise this last weekend. No Aldi's here, not close enough to go to anyway.

A little Background....

I'm one of the yo yo people whose weight seems to jump 30-40 pounds over the course of a few years, Up up up, till I get disgusted and start losing. Not healthy I know, but I'm being honest. 3 years ago my son deployed to Afghanistan and had a very rough deployment, he's infantry so there were constant battles and everyday was fraught with worry and stress. I handled it very badly, headaches, tears, depression etc, mostly comforted by emails once a month, and chocolate donuts! I was already over a goal weight when he left, and gained at least 20 pounds during the year.

Last May he deployed for his second tour (15 months this time). I was determined NOT to handle things so badly. So I vowed to walk instead of worry. It's not been that easy, but I have become an avid walker. I've dropped about 10-15 pounds, and I'm fitting into clothes and sizes I havent had in years.

But, to get back where I should be I've still got at least 20 pounds, and alot of toning up to do. So since his deployment is up in 2 months, I'm going to set a goal of cruise date...and try to drop this last weight. I have two of the cutest sundresses I wore on a cruise in 1999, I'm determined to wear them again on this trip, (if theyhavent dry rotted! LOL).

Myscale is horrible, need a new one, that's more precise...but not gonna spend that cash right now, so it's hard to tell one pound losses...but i'm watching and trying.

Vicki

A little encouragement.....and please, I speak my mind in a kind way so no flaming from anyone please.

My DS (Darling Sweetheart and soon to be husband) has been deployed 3x..we were just pals when he went to Afghanstan, then together and survived 2 Iraq deployments.(USMC). I can't tell you how many times I got a phone call in the middle of the night for 2 minutes, only to have him disappear on a helicopter going God knows where and hearing all this strange commotion in the background.

When he first left, I went through what you and others did. But then I focused on my health and exercise even more..i was working in a TBI unit at the VA (neuropsych)..that helped me alot...but each time I wanted to worry, I realized it was futile as I knew he was trained to do his job,and the worrying would only do more damage to my eating..AND if ever got wind or the least hint I was worrying, he'd bawl me out..and then I knew if HE was worried about me worrying, it would distract him and that could cost him his life. I learned what to say, what not to say, anything to not distract him. That last deployment was the year I looked the hottest as I worked out so hard with a trainer and kept my weight in check. That was two years ago, I'm kinda off course but working on it again

I know it's hard not to worry. BUT...you MUST remember he is trained to do his job, and focus on you..not him. So focus on your health. Your son won't be encouraged knowing your stuffing yourself on chocolate donuts. Are the donuts really that tasty that they are worth being fat over?? He'll be encouraged knowing you are taking care of you, so he doesn't have to think about you and can do his job with a focused mindet.

I subscribe to a magazine called military spouse. It's for spouses primarily, but an excellent woman's magazine with a lot of great deployment survival tips.

Again, don't take any of this the wrong way. I really do mean this in the kindest way. Menina

I guess my start date for the goal would be like..NOW...hahah...I booked the cruise this last weekend. No Aldi's here, not close enough to go to anyway.

A little Background....

I'm one of the yo yo people whose weight seems to jump 30-40 pounds over the course of a few years, Up up up, till I get disgusted and start losing. Not healthy I know, but I'm being honest. 3 years ago my son deployed to Afghanistan and had a very rough deployment, he's infantry so there were constant battles and everyday was fraught with worry and stress. I handled it very badly, headaches, tears, depression etc, mostly comforted by emails once a month, and chocolate donuts! I was already over a goal weight when he left, and gained at least 20 pounds during the year.

Last May he deployed for his second tour (15 months this time). I was determined NOT to handle things so badly. So I vowed to walk instead of worry. It's not been that easy, but I have become an avid walker. I've dropped about 10-15 pounds, and I'm fitting into clothes and sizes I havent had in years.

But, to get back where I should be I've still got at least 20 pounds, and alot of toning up to do. So since his deployment is up in 2 months, I'm going to set a goal of cruise date...and try to drop this last weight. I have two of the cutest sundresses I wore on a cruise in 1999, I'm determined to wear them again on this trip, (if theyhavent dry rotted! LOL).

Myscale is horrible, need a new one, that's more precise...but not gonna spend that cash right now, so it's hard to tell one pound losses...but i'm watching and trying.

Vicki

A little encouragement.....and please, I speak my mind in a kind way so no flaming from anyone please.

LOL....just teasing...but as i said...this deployment I've handled things much better, Losing 15 pounds instead of gaining, walking etc. But I was overweight 3 years ago...and still have 20 to go. I havent really dieted...dont wanna make food the forbidden treat...I've just been making smarter choices. I just need to step up my loss a bit, if I wanna fit into that sundress for the crusie....I"m thiinking of putting the bathroom scale in front of the refridgerator...hahahahah

I compltely agree with most of what you said above!! This is my 4th Mommie deployment and it's the unwritten law, that I never let them know when I worry, always am just encouragement and cheery on the phone or computer. Tell your hubby to be I said thanks for the service....

Stress and worry definately CAN have an affect on our emotions that CAN show thru on our weight IF we let it. I gained weight during a very stressful and devestating time in my life as well. After all those things that happened in my life over the past 2 year I came to realize that I had been depressed. It seems as if I had been in a fog and have now decided to come out.

So, I decided that this isnt the life I wanted to continue living and that these things that happened could take away from me or to strengthen me. I have always considered myself a realist so what do you do when something is wrong??? You fix it!

I decided to make this year my 'fix it' year. I got braces because I have always hated my teeth. One thing my circumstances prevented me from was finishing school. So I applied for/got accepted into an OTA program at school. Im finding my place spiritully. Im healing mentally. I woke up out of my fog and realized that I had gained weight so what do you do? Fix it! I may not be who I want to be but I know that I am not who I was a year ago. I feel like I am coming back to life. I only have this one life to live. Sure, I lost my life and everything I knew, but I can create a NEW life. I may not ever have what I did have but who is to say that I cant have something better???

Good post..you can either sit around all day and cry about your weight and drown yourself in some donuts, or you can get off the floor and make a change..ANY change is better than nothing..even if it's drinking more water for the day!

Stress and worry definately CAN have an affect on our emotions that CAN show thru on our weight IF we let it. I gained weight during a very stressful and devestating time in my life as well. After all those things that happened in my life over the past 2 year I came to realize that I had been depressed. It seems as if I had been in a fog and have now decided to come out.

So, I decided that this isnt the life I wanted to continue living and that these things that happened could take away from me or to strengthen me. I have always considered myself a realist so what do you do when something is wrong??? You fix it!

I decided to make this year my 'fix it' year. I got braces because I have always hated my teeth. One thing my circumstances prevented me from was finishing school. So I applied for/got accepted into an OTA program at school. Im finding my place spiritully. Im healing mentally. I woke up out of my fog and realized that I had gained weight so what do you do? Fix it! I may not be who I want to be but I know that I am not who I was a year ago. I feel like I am coming back to life. I only have this one life to live. Sure, I lost my life and everything I knew, but I can create a NEW life. I may not ever have what I did have but who is to say that I cant have something better???

Day 9

I Lost another pound. That makes 4 pounds. I have to say I really got excited when I lost those 3 lbs in the first 3 days. Im kind of dissapointed that I have only lost one in the last 6 days. I guess its better than gaining. Ive been so busy out and about that I havent been faithful in replacing one meal a day with salad. I will have to get back on it tomorrow!

My schedule is going to change starting tomorrow. I usually work out in the mornings and go to work about 2:00. Now I will be working mornings and will have to go to the gym during the day or in the evenings. I hope that this schedule does well with me. On the plus side....I do get to work out with my husband now!

He is so determined and dedicated. He counts every calorie and to date has lost 9 pounds!!! He is such an inspiration to me!

Geez, its been SOOOO hot and HUMID here in the Carolinas the past few days. I think I may have sweated off that last pound!! Im starting to wonder whether the bahamas will have anything on this NC weather.

On the positive side of things I went thru some summer things in my closet and re-discovered some clothes! I was so excited to still fit into my dress that I wore on our honeymoon. Dresses are easier to fit than pants for me because I have big hips and booty! I know I shouldnt worry to much about the number on the tag but I was so excited to fit into a smaller size dress and capris than the size ?? jeans that I typically wear.

NOTE TO SELF: DO MORE LOWER BODY WORKOUTS!!! Lol

Cant wait till those bluejeans are to BIG!!!

Although my dresses fit. The chest area is a lot tighter. :mad: I know some people would love to have this problem but to a girl who has had them since the age of 9....growing bigger is not a plus. My question to you....Do you know of any exersizes that will shrink my chest??? I know it wont be small but small-ER would be nice.

I hope that you all are doing great! Keep me updated!

Day 9

I Lost another pound. That makes 4 pounds. I have to say I really got excited when I lost those 3 lbs in the first 3 days. Im kind of dissapointed that I have only lost one in the last 6 days. !

Look at it this way...The first few pounds were probably mostly water..That goes first..Now you are probably burning actual fat and losing solid weight.

Day 10

Thanks Jennimom! I try to think about it this way....I have lost more than a tub of butters weight in fat! A tub of butter weight 2lbs 13oz...Seems silly but I checked. I guess I think of fat as big wads of butter hanging out in there. Lol

I started my new schedule today. I worked out really hard. I think this whole working out in the evening is going to work out just fine. I was so tired today after work but I went to the gym. The first 15 minutes seem tedious but I guess that my adrenaline gets to pumping because I get pumped up and am able to do more. I worked out for about 2 hours straight, did more reps and more weight (arms). It always makes me feel better when I burn a whole lot of calories and eat a lot less. Eating so much less makes me wonder....what makes us think we need SOOO much food? I cant believe how little I can get by with eating. It amazes me how easy it is to go so overboard with eating so many calories and not even think about it. It really adds up.

I did have a couple of temptations today (that I overcame thank you very much!) I was offered food from Pannera....I declined. Then I was offered McDonalds....it was very HOT today and a oreo Mcflurry WAS tempting...but I want to get at least a few pounds off by the end of the week. Before lunch I fixed a little boy a PBJ sandwhich....It smelled so good! He picked it up and I bit his finger trying to get to that sandwhich...JUST KIDDIN! I didnt even steal a bite....I just happily ate my lettuce. LOL...

Here is what I ate today.

Breakfast:Toast with PB on it and fruit.

Lunch: Salad with 2 slices of sandwhich turkey meat and spray dressing.

Mozzerella stick

Supper: Chicken breast grilled on George Foreman grill, butter beans and green beans.

Snack: Sugar Free Bannana Chocolate Puddin

Archived