Port or Starboard cabin best for WC? (HAL 2018)

janmcn

Actually I would go with Port Side.

Sun is good but you may find, as we did, that on West Bound Voyages that it will get very hot in the afternoon including your room.

I have done eight world cruises and have been on both sides and also have done a few West Bound World Cruises.

My biggest advice is to focus more on the location of the room on the deck rather then what side you are on.

We know on a long cruise the odds are that you will have some rough sea days so my priority is to be as mid ship as we can.

Keith

• 2 months later...
Additionally, the starboard side suite, balcony & outside view cabins would probably get more sun than on the port side.

HAL world cruise is westward so only when south of the equator would the starboard side get more sun. When north of the equator the port side would get more sun. Have been on both port and starboard for WC and don't think it makes much difference. For cabin selection my main criteria is what is overhead.

. Have been on both port and starboard for WC and don't think it makes much difference. For cabin selection my main criteria is what is overhead.

I feel the same way about port and starboard side.

Have been on both sites for several world cruises.

For my wife and me the side is not a priority. The priority is the location of the room. In our case we prefer mid ship for easy access to the venues and because we find that we feel the seas less in that location. The deck that we book doesn't have any issues with what is above it but if it did we would make that a criteria as you have.

Keith

I agree with the views of Keith1010 and AD5ZA.

While I prefer (for no logical reason) a Port side stateroom on any cruise, my HAL world cruise experiences had one booked Port side cabin on Dolphin Deck and a guarantee cabin that was Port side on Main Deck. Satisfied with both, except I did not care for the sound of footsteps on the Lower Promenade Deck above my stateroom on Main Deck.

Location is more important than Starboard or Port Side. The lowest possible deck, as close to mid-ship in the stateroom category I am willing to purchase is my most important consideration.