Laundry, Laundry

Mylisa

We're lucky enough to be booked on a 16 day b2b, a 34 day grand voyage and a 44 day b2b + grand voyage this year. For us as the DW hates to wear the same clothes twice let alone do laundry on a cruise, we will have no problem using those 3 free bags of laundry on every leg. Well, on the 16 day b2b, we may only use 2 bags on the first leg, but that's ok.

The best part is we don't even have to think about doing laundry which is a big plus for why we upgraded our bookings from B to A level cabins and very much appreciate O for adding it to their concierge perks.

When this perk didn't exist we probably did laundry once a week, on average. If they give us 20 items x3 over a cruise, that's fine. It saves us, what, $2 a load? A convenience factor for us, not much more than that.

Our upcoming cruise on Riviera is two 7 day itineraries,totalling 14 days, but probably not very convenient for using the feature since they won't carry over between the two itineraries. (Don't get me wrong, I can see why they won't.)

Probably we will wait until the beginning of the second leg and send out laundry then.

Or, awful thought, maybe we will do some laundry on our own! Shudder ... (only kidding, I prefer doing my own anyway.)

Mura

Thanks, Mura. I agree it's more of a convenience factor. We tend to pack much less than we used to when we first started cruising, so it's nice to have the laundry option should we choose to use it.

Karen

Great perk, but there is no way we can make that amount of laundry. Used maybe 2 bags in 14 days on the T/A And did not even fill them up all the way. Still a nice thing to have.

We used the 3 bags on our 18 day cruise.Filled them up with underwear, night clothes and swim wear as well as daily wear.

We also had to put my husbands trunks in each time,as they had oil on them from sitting round the pool on the wooden deck.It obviously melted on the heat!

When this perk didn't exist we probably did laundry once a week, on average. If they give us 20 items x3 over a cruise, that's fine. It saves us, what, $2 a load? A convenience factor for us, not much more than that.

Our upcoming cruise on Riviera is two 7 day itineraries,totalling 14 days, but probably not very convenient for using the feature since they won't carry over between the two itineraries. (Don't get me wrong, I can see why they won't.)

Probably we will wait until the beginning of the second leg and send out laundry then.

Or, awful thought, maybe we will do some laundry on our own! Shudder ... (only kidding, I prefer doing my own anyway.)

Mura

It's much more than a convenience when you're on a cruise where the self-service laundries are closed due to a GI outbreak, as was the case on our most recent cruise. Having the three complimentary bags of laundry saved a significant amount of money versus using the regular laundry service. We even took advantage of one of the $24.95 laundry specials in addition to our free laundry.

It's much more than a convenience when you're on a cruise where the self-service laundries are closed due to a GI outbreak, as was the case on our most recent cruise. Having the three complimentary bags of laundry saved a significant amount of money versus using the regular laundry service. We even took advantage of one of the $24.95 laundry specials in addition to our free laundry.

Reading old posts,I saw that when the GI outbreak occurred,the laundry costs were reduced..

Reading old posts,I saw that when the GI outbreak occurred,the laundry costs were reduced..

I didn't see any announcement or documentation of that on our cruise. Did you? I think they may have added an extra day with the $24.95 bag special based on my recollection of how many times it was offered on the Miami to Lima cruise, but that was all.

I didn't see any announcement or documentation of that on our cruise. Did you? I think they may have added an extra day with the $24.95 bag special based on my recollection of how many times it was offered on the Miami to Lima cruise, but that was all.

No we didn’t have that.I would have liked access to a tumble dryer after the Bora Bora rain! We had no pull out line in our cabin!

No we didn’t have that.I would have liked access to a tumble dryer after the Bora Bora rain! We had no pull out line in our cabin!

I thought there was one in the tub? Oh, that might be in the PH and lower, you were in an OC, right?

I was in a PH and seem to remember one.

I thought there was one in the tub? Oh, that might be in the PH and lower, you were in an OC, right?

I was in a PH and seem to remember one.

Yep we were OC...I think they expect us to pay for laundry,but then we needed some items next day..

We put two bits on the balcony but if staff see them,they remove them.. Having all my husbands scuba gear too posed a drying storage area too.