Transportation from airport to Cruise Ship

Zandarr

Taxi in Barcelona is about 40 euros. You cannot use OBC for transfer to port.

Hi Lou,

You are correct about not being able to use the transfer with OBC. Your charge card is charged when you decide to use their transfers. If you were on the ship and were transferring to airport then you can use obc.

Taxi in Barcelona is about 40 euros. You cannot use OBC for transfer to port.

We were just there and Taxi is best way from airport by far to go.. Less money and faster. From hotel just have doorman tell driver where you need to go. ;););)

A private car for much less than a taxi? Where? I could never do that. Please let me know for the next time.

I don't believe anyone said less than a taxi. The op was referring to the Oceania price when they said $79 per person,

Another vote for a taxi in Barcelona with a caveat.

Unless things have changed recently, the fares can vary significantly.

A few years ago we had 2 roundtrips from central Barcelona to airport (4 different trips) and the fares were quite different each time. They also charged for each piece of luggage in the trunk (thus, don’t put small carry-ons into the trunk.

Again , things may have changed since then. Best thing to do is to go to ports of call and check with local people about the current taxi fares and policies (as well as the website for taxis info in Barcelona)

You could ask for a refund of the Oceania transfer. Have done this and they refund the credit card. Even if you arrive early, you could take a taxi to the port and drop off your luggage, then walk up La Rambla for a while. Very easy to negotiate in Barcelona, and the docking location is convenient.

Thank you all for the responses. We have canceled our pick up with with OC and will be using a Taxi. Our question now is whether to book a taxi on line or just wait at the airport for a taxi. We arrive during the weekday by 10:30 or so on April 11th.

Edited by Zandarr
missing word

Thank you all for the responses. We have canceled our pick up with with OC and will be using a Taxi. Our question now is whether to book a taxi on line or just wait at the airport for a taxi. We arrive during the weekday by 10:30 or so on April 11th.

You might pay a few bucks more for a pre booked taxi. I did going from the airport to my hotel but do not know it that covers the port also. Either way a taxi is the way to go.

You might pay a few bucks more for a pre booked taxi. I did going from the airport to my hotel but do not know it that covers the port also. Either way a taxi is the way to go.

I think we will pre book a taxi. The cost would still be way cheaper than using OC. We are investigating taxis now. So far we like Taxibcn but looking into using Viator as well.

I think we will pre book a taxi. The cost would still be way cheaper than using OC. We are investigating taxis now. So far we like Taxibcn but looking into using Viator as well.

We used taxiclassrent.com and they were great. A sign with our name on it and waiting outside of customs for us. Just a few dollars more more than getting a cab without a reservation. I think either way way would be fine. :):):)

We used taxiclassrent.com and they were great. A sign with our name on it and waiting outside of customs for us. Just a few dollars more more than getting a cab without a reservation. I think either way way would be fine. :):):)

Thanks for the info. We will look them up.