Carrying drinks off ship?

Pmb0526

And if you have the Cheers package and bring a small collapsible cooler with you, you can stock up on unopened beers and then get ice at the Lido deck and take them with you to the beach. Did this a few years ago while hanging out poolside on Grand Turk and it was great.

And if you have the Cheers package and bring a small collapsible cooler with you, you can stock up on unopened beers and then get ice at the Lido deck and take them with you to the beach. Did this a few years ago while hanging out poolside on Grand Turk and it was great.

That is a great idea! Never thought about that one

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In addition to beer, can one order a bottle of rum from room service, and take it off for use in a cabana??
You should be able to, but you could not be able to bring the remaining liquor in the bottle back on board, so it would have to be entirely consumed.

You should be able to, but you could not be able to bring the remaining liquor in the bottle back on board, so it would have to be entirely consumed.

With 4 people, and 4 hours or so in a cabana , sodas, fruit and ice in the cabana, shouldn't be too much rum left anyway! :D

Still, it would probably cost less than the $14 drinks on HMC for rum and coke! Just Saying!:cool:

I've done it many times and take it back on board.

Food is allowed off ship if it is wrapped in cellophane or original packing.

I Have read numerous times on this site, that if you have the cheers pkg....ALL cans and bottles (beer etc. ) will be OPENED...obviously not true?

I Have read numerous times on this site, that if you have the cheers pkg....ALL cans and bottles (beer etc. ) will be OPENED...obviously not true?

They are suppose to be opened but definitely are not always...we find if we are friendly and tip well they are more often then not happy to leave unopened but it will be case by case specific.....

I waswthinking of doing this on HMC. I have a backpack cooler and was wondering if they check bags when you get off.

On our last two cruises, they made an announcement several times that alcoholic drinks could not be taken off the ship. This may just be for Mexico. There was no one from the ship searching but the Mexican authorities were stopping people to search their bags.

On our last two cruises, they made an announcement several times that alcoholic drinks could not be taken off the ship. This may just be for Mexico. There was no one from the ship searching but the Mexican authorities were stopping people to search their bags.

Only on Carnival

Make note of which bartenders open the cans and which ones don’t for when you’re ready to stock up.