Jacksonville, FL Hotel recommendations

robinmlewis10

My family and I are planning on driving to Jacksonville on Saturday before the cruise on the Elation leaves on Monday May 21st. Any recommendations on hotel in the area for those of you who have cruised out of Jacksonville before? Did you stay at hotel that had parking and then shuttled you to the port? Or do you recommend just parking at port? TIA

My family and I are planning on driving to Jacksonville on Saturday before the cruise on the Elation leaves on Monday May 21st. Any recommendations on hotel in the area for those of you who have cruised out of Jacksonville before? Did you stay at hotel that had parking and then shuttled you to the port? Or do you recommend just parking at port? TIA

We stayed at one of the hotels at the airport and just parked at the port

We did the Spring Hill Suites at the airport. Nice hotel with restaurants within walking distance. They provided a park and stay option with shuttle to the port, but we opted to park at the port just for the convenience which was well worth the extra charge. We were off the ship and in our car within 5 minutes of walking off the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It kind of depends on what you want. Keep in mind that Jacksonville is the largest city in the US, land area-wise. Are you just looking for a place to sleep or will this be an extended day of your vacation? If you are just looking for a place to lay your head, then I would suggest a hotel at the airport or the Holiday Inn Express, Jacksonville Blount Island. It is literally less than a mile northeast of the terminal. I don't know if they have park/cruise packages. If you are looking for a hotel at the beach, then I would suggest something in Atlantic/Neptune Beach, like the One Ocean Resort and Spa. This hotel is within walking distance of SEVERAL very good, local restaurants and shops. You definitely get the "Jacksonville Beach" feel there. The Ponte Vedra area hotels are also quite nice, but are further away from the port. There are also some nice hotel downtown. But there isn't as much to do downtown, unless you drive. There is a Hyatt on the river and Crown Point Plaza hotel, also on the river. I hope this helps.

If you are looking for a hotel at the beach, then I would suggest something in Atlantic/Neptune Beach, like the One Ocean Resort and Spa. .[/font]

The One Ocean is a fantastic little Resort. I highly recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
Travelling with family and in town for 2 days before the cruise I would look at hotels on JAX Beach or Mayport and then park at the port.

To be honest I've almost quit looking in the JAX Beach area as the hotel directly on the beach are so expensive. We are actually of thinking about driving down toward Daytona were there are more hotels to choose from therefore they aren't as expensive. The we still only have a drive about an hour back to the port when it time to sail.

• 3 weeks later...
To be honest I've almost quit looking in the JAX Beach area as the hotel directly on the beach are so expensive. We are actually of thinking about driving down toward Daytona were there are more hotels to choose from therefore they aren't as expensive. The we still only have a drive about an hour back to the port when it time to sail.

Daytona Beach is just under two hours to the port IF they are no accidents. St Augustine would be a better choice.