Cruise Directors

thehawks

While there is likely a list, they change frequently. For instance, John Barron was on the Explorer and had been told that his next assignment would be on a different ship After whatever changes occurred, he will return to the Explorer in March and rumor has it that he will remain there throughout 2017 (minus vacations). So, whatever you read or are told, be prepared for a change.

Andy and Tammy Heath are CD/Social Hostess on Explorer for the next couple of months and then fly directly to Voyager in Beijing where they will be for two and a half months to allow (?) to have his/her vacation. Both are first class, IMHO, and have a long and happy relationship with Radisson/Regent/Oceania, so may be familiar to some here.

Andy and Tammy Heath are CD/Social Hostess on Explorer for the next couple of months and then fly directly to Voyager in Beijing where they will be for two and a half months to allow (?) to have his/her vacation. Both are first class, IMHO, and have a long and happy relationship with Radisson/Regent/Oceania, so may be familiar to some here.

In all of the years that we have sailed Regent, we only recently have heard of Andy and Tammy Heath. Are you sure that they were not transfers from Oceania? It is hard to imagine sailing Regent/Radisson since 2004 and never hearing or sailing with them. You did mention Oceania in your post so I assume that they may have sailed on Radisson early on (before 2004).

Our favorite Cruise Director for years has been Paul Reynolds. We did sail with John Barron once before he left Regent. Sailing with John again a couple of months ago was mind boggling - he is excellent. Really cannot compare Paul with John as they are so different (both from the U.K.). Paul is more "proper" (for lack of a better term) while John falls on the floor when he is overcome with laughter or is part of his "bit". I would rather sail with Paul or John than with anyone else on Regent. JMHO.

In all of the years that we have sailed Regent, we only recently have heard of Andy and Tammy Heath. Are you sure that they were not transfers from Oceania? It is hard to imagine sailing Regent/Radisson since 2004 and never hearing or sailing with them. You did mention Oceania in your post so I assume that they may have sailed on Radisson early on (before 2004).

Check out tammyandy.com for their history.

Check out tammyandy.com for their history.

Thank you so much for that link. What a delightful couple!

It sounds like the sailed Radisson before we started cruising. Really wish that we could have sailed the Diamond and Song of Flower.

It sounds like they took their "break" when we started cruising and then they returned to Oceania. Hope that we sail with them someday.

Silver Sweethearts, Thank for the link about Andy & Tammy Heath; we hope to see them on a cruise in the future :)

So, looking at the information from this thread, together with other threads and blogs I think this is the present forecast of Cruise Directors:

Navigator

I believe Jamie (& Dana) Logan joined Navigator on 05 Jan for the world cruise. Presumably they will leave for vacation in May, but no information on who will take over

Voyager

Ray Solaire was on board until 12 January when he went on leave

Margaret Scoggins is CD at present

Andy (& Tammy) Heath take over in March

Mariner

I believe Paul Reynolds is CD at present; not sure when he joined the ship or when he goes on leave

Explorer

Andy (&Tammy) Heath are on board at present

John Barron will take over in March

Lorraine Weimerskirch must be on vacation at present

Hopefully I haven't put 2 & 2 together to make 5 :rolleyes: maybe others can fill in any gaps. Also, as others have said, any forecast is subject to change at any time

We have yet to sail with John Barron or Andy Heath but, of the rest, our favourite is Jamie Logan (with Dana), closely followed by Paul Reynolds

A respectfully, albeit ignorant question from a first time cruiser in April on explorer. Interesting this a focus. Does the cruise director make such a big difference?

It's been my experience that a CD can't make a bad cruise good or a good cruise bad, but they can make a good cruise better.

The two CDs that stand out for us are Lorraine and Jaime (and Dana) mostly because we spent time talking to them and just basically enjoying their company. The CDs can really add to the 'fun energy' on board, most of them are very talented people who genuinely enjoy interacting with the guests. That aspect of the cruise is more important to some people than others, but there's no denying the energy they bring to events on board can definitely add a certain something to a cruise.

A respectfully, albeit ignorant question from a first time cruiser in April on explorer. Interesting this a focus. Does the cruise director make such a big difference?

The CD organises the social and entertainment part of your cruise i.e. it is their job to make sure guests are having a good time on board

Most CDs are from an entertainment background themselves and will often perform a show on board

CDs by their nature have an outgoing personality and interact regularly with guests; whether you like their personality is subjective and many regular cruisers have their own favourites

As UUNetBill rightly says, a good CD (and his/her team) can enhance your enjoyment of the cruise

Silver Sweethearts, Thank for the link about Andy & Tammy Heath; we hope to see them on a cruise in the future :)

So, looking at the information from this thread, together with other threads and blogs I think this is the present forecast of Cruise Directors:

Navigator

I believe Jamie (& Dana) Logan joined Navigator on 05 Jan for the world cruise. Presumably they will leave for vacation in May, but no information on who will take over

Voyager

Ray Solaire was on board until 12 January when he went on leave

Margaret Scoggins is CD at present

Andy (& Tammy) Heath take over in March

Mariner

I believe Paul Reynolds is CD at present; not sure when he joined the ship or when he goes on leave

Explorer

Andy (&Tammy) Heath are on board at present

John Barron will take over in March

Lorraine Weimerskirch must be on vacation at present

Hopefully I haven't put 2 & 2 together to make 5 :rolleyes: maybe others can fill in any gaps. Also, as others have said, any forecast is subject to change at any time

We have yet to sail with John Barron or Andy Heath but, of the rest, our favourite is Jamie Logan (with Dana), closely followed by Paul Reynolds

Paul went back on Mariner in January and will come off at the end of March. Hope this helps.

It's been my experience that a CD can't make a bad cruise good or a good cruise bad, but they can make a good cruise better.

The two CDs that stand out for us are Lorraine and Jaime (and Dana) mostly because we spent time talking to them and just basically enjoying their company. The CDs can really add to the 'fun energy' on board, most of them are very talented people who genuinely enjoy interacting with the guests. That aspect of the cruise is more important to some people than others, but there's no denying the energy they bring to events on board can definitely add a certain something to a cruise.

Agree that a CD can certainly make a good cruise better (although he can probably cheer up grumpy passengers as well). While, as I've mentioned, we adore Paul and Lorraine is great, John Barron blew us away. It is almost impossible to be on a cruise with John as a CD and not smile or laugh. He seems to be everywhere at the same time - plays "games" with passengers (you see this mainly on sea days) and is more talented than any of the singers or comedians that I've seen on Regent.

Bill, he will be on your April cruise but CD contracts are 4 months so you need to ask him if he'll still be onboard for your second Explorer cruise. When you meet him, you'll get a big smile if you simply say "I am Explorer". That seems to be his greeting to people he knows and they give the same response.

Lorraine will be back on the Mariner at the end of March.

Paul leaves the Mariner end of South America on March 29. Lorraine will be the CD and Massimo will be the GM. Captain is probably Cpt. Teo.

J 40/595

Oh dear. That news has quite spoiled my evening. Andy & Tammy were the CDs on one of our Voyager cruises last year and we assumed they had just been brought in as a temporary measure. We will be sailing on our longest cruise so far, on Voyager in April and were hoping for Ray Solaire or Paul Reynolds. Both are wonderful Cruise Directors and add a huge amount of fun and enjoyment to the trip.

This thread has me counting the months and trying to figure out if we will have Paul Reynolds on the Mariner in November. I'm counting four months from when they embark on the ship and then a couple of months vacation (although many times they are called back earlier).

I did not mean to neglect mentioning Dana above or Ray Solaire - all wonderful CD's.

Last night my DH and I were discussing CD's and my overwhelming appreciation of John Barron (no - it is not his looks - although he is quite good looking ;) ). It has more to do with his talent, accessibility and humor. Humor (or "humour" as it is "spelt" it in his homeland) can be tricky with three British CD's and a mostly North American audience. For a change, I appreciate John's humor more than my DH does (he loves everything else about him). He has worked in Canada and other places which could be why his jokes are more relatable to the majority of passengers. In any case, he is delightful.

This thread has me counting the months and trying to figure out if we will have Paul Reynolds on the Mariner in November. I'm counting four months from when they embark on the ship and then a couple of months vacation (although many times they are called back earlier).....

Ask again, latter in the year, like in August, when schedules are more set.

J 40/595

• 3 months later...

Has anyone sailed with Margaret Scoggins? Nationality? Any particular theme for trivia questions? We will be onboard for 63 nights so hopefully get to know her.

edited to say: Never mind; she has a full Linked In profile. I wonder if she goes by Margaret or Maggie Lynn?

Marc

Edited by Marq

We have not had Paul for CD before thanks.

Paul Reynolds is on the Navigator at the moment. He joined the ship at the end of the WC. Jamie and Dana will be back in mid August, I think.

Peggy