GeoBlue Trekker Choice Reasonable Charges

quickblue02

I am looking at purchasing a 1 year GeoBlue Trekker Choice Policy for me and my wife to cover some cruises and travel outside the US in 2018. I read the policy and it appears that GeoBlue determines "Reasonable Charges" value for covered treatments. Have any of you obtained treatment and coverage under the GeoBlue Trekker Choice Policy and was the entire amount of the treatment covered or was the reimbursement reduced due to GeoBlue "Reasonable Charge" value determination?

Thanks!

We also purchase the multi trip plan. Wife had an issue earlier this year and visited the ship’s doctor. Received a small bill for a little under $300. She completed a claim, mailed it in and they paid without an issue. It’ll be interesting if you get a response from somebody who has had experience with them on a more significant amount.

We also purchase the multi trip plan. Wife had an issue earlier this year and visited the ship’s doctor. Received a small bill for a little under $300. She completed a claim, mailed it in and they paid without an issue. It’ll be interesting if you get a response from somebody who has had experience with them on a more significant amount.

Thank you! Very helpful information.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the info.

• 2 weeks later...

In 2013 I had an 11 day hospital stay, with 2 in ICU 100% covered. The insurance company was contacted BEFORE treatment, and gave the heath care facility to go to. It was a 15 minute cab ride away and they were already expecting me, with only having to show my passport and immediately taken in for treatment.

In 2013 I had an 11 day hospital stay, with 2 in ICU 100% covered. The insurance company was contacted BEFORE treatment, and gave the heath care facility to go to. It was a 15 minute cab ride away and they were already expecting me, with only having to show my passport and immediately taken in for treatment.

I believe this is the key. If it's an immediate need I think you'd still be fine (say had a heart attack in port), but you'd (or your traveling companions) still need to contact them as soon as possible.

Usually if you're on a cruise ship there's going to be time before you get to port or a helicopter can be sent, so you (if able) or a traveling companion should call ASAP. The ships have satellite phones that can be used (or wi-fi calling on your personal phone if the ship has internet).