Picture-A-Week 2018 - Week 05

pierces

The local photography club, of which I am a member, holds monthly photo competitions. Sometimes the competition is open (no theme), other times it is themed. The theme for this month's competition is doors and windows. This will be one of my entries. It is the stained glass window at Kirkpatrick Chapel on the campus of Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ.

26167814818_dce6a88b34_c.jpg

It's Super Sunday and since there's a game on later today, we're having friends over to eat snacks and perhaps partake of adult beverages. I was going through the beerfrigerator looking for something out of the ordinary and came to the realization that my collection of beers contained nothing that was actually in the ordinary. Since I gave up on FYBs (Fizzy Yellow Beer) a few years ago, I have come to appreciate the ingenuity of the American craft brewers. What do you do to make your product stand out in a field of generally outstanding competitors? Since I was inspired to line up all these pretty bottles for a photo, I’d say bottle art is high on the list.

Decisions, Decisions..

p2735042108-5.jpg

Dave

Great collection of bottles. I also gave up on the mass produced beers, no taste. I enjoy a local craft beer that actually has a taste.

Allan

I actually don't collect empty bottles. The pictured lineup consists of part of the rotating stock in my ongoing Craft Brew adventure. A good friend and I started trying new beers several years ago and we get together every couple of weeks to share two or three new brews or established favorites. I have an informal photographic chronicle of the journey on my website at http://galleries.pptphoto.com/brewtopia

FYI, the art on the Samuel Adams Perfect Pint glasses have a line at almost exactly the 11 oz level. Perfect for splitting a 22 oz bomber. We learned early on that splitting expensive beers that are often over 10% ABV is better for the wallet and continuing sobriety.

:)

Dave

Pictures taken between Monday, January 29 and Sunday, February 4.
Love this quote! I am also a member of a local camera club. Calumet Area Camera Club. I have used several of my cruise photos for our competitions. Looking forward to getting more great photos on my cruise in March!!

At Disney World starting Feb 2nd, so the only photos I have for this week 5 are from there.

A shot inside the new Enzo's Hideaway tunnel bar and speakeasy at Disney Springs:

original.jpg

Believe it or not, this shot was taken while sitting at my table having a drink and waiting for dinner. This is at the Boathouse restaurant in Disney Springs, and they have tables and seats spread out onto boat docks out over the lake where you sit among the boats, bobbing up and down in the wake:

original.jpg

Magic Kingdom fountain at night, with Cinderella's Castle as the background:

original.jpg

The next day was all rain, all day...spent that day wandering around Epcot, enjoying the light crowds due to the rain - being a Floridian, rain didn't bother me at all, and I had a weather-sealed camera that day so I could shoot in the rain without worry:

original.jpg

No one was riding the boat ride in the Mexico Pavilion, and I was 10 minutes early to dinner, so hopped onboard to waste some time:

original.jpg

• 2 weeks later...