Restaurants in OSJ with a 19 month old??

sha259

I'm researching places for lunch that would be good for my family of 5 (myself, husband, my mom, grandmom, and 19 month old). We will be touring OSJ and I am debating whether to take the stroller (likely) or leave the stroller on board and just carry my toddler in my carrier. Mainly because it seems that OSJ is quite hilly and may be hard to navigate with a stroller. Also, many restaurants do not seem to have the space to store a stroller and do not look likely to have highchairs.

SO, all that to ask, I have a few restaurants in mind for lunch and am wondering if the following would be feasible with my toddler considering their location and atmosphere:

Raices

Punto De Vista

The Parrot Club

Anyone with toddlers been to one of these places? I am also cross posting on the SJ PR POC board.Thanks in advance!

Pretty sure children are welcome at all places. Lunch is much more casual than dinner. And I would bring the stroller. SJ is pretty hilly...carrying an almost 2 year old around in the oppressive heat and humidity doesn't sound like much fun. Hopefully, it's a smaller, lightweight stroller...fold it and stick it under the table, if all else fails.

Not port specific, but when we sailed with my son at both 10 months and at 2 years old there were a few ports where we took the stroller and a few where I just wore him in the carrier (we had a toddler Tula when he was 2 and it was really comfy for both of us). If we were just wandering aimlessly, my husband pushed him in the stroller and it was fine. If we had an actual destination and would only be out a couple of hours I wore him in the carrier and found it much easier. Strollers are a pain in crowded places, especially those with uneven terrain, and the smaller lightweight strollers are even worse! If I were in OSJ and staying within walking distance with a stop for lunch I would go with the carrier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not port specific, but when we sailed with my son at both 10 months and at 2 years old there were a few ports where we took the stroller and a few where I just wore him in the carrier (we had a toddler Tula when he was 2 and it was really comfy for both of us). If we were just wandering aimlessly, my husband pushed him in the stroller and it was fine. If we had an actual destination and would only be out a couple of hours I wore him in the carrier and found it much easier. Strollers are a pain in crowded places, especially those with uneven terrain, and the smaller lightweight strollers are even worse! If I were in OSJ and staying within walking distance with a stop for lunch I would go with the carrier.

Thank you! This is exactly what I was thinking. If we plan to only be out for maybe 4 hours with a few stops to let my son run around anyway, the carrier may be best. If we will just stroll and have no real plan stroller may be best. SJ just seems so hilly that I don't know if the added weight and bulk of even our lighter weight umbrella style stroller is worth it. I work out and carry my son around by hand pretty much all day anyway, so as long as it is not oppressively hot the carrier seems ideal.

How about high chairs? Do they have them?

Thank you both so much for the insight!

Thank you! This is exactly what I was thinking. If we plan to only be out for maybe 4 hours with a few stops to let my son run around anyway, the carrier may be best. If we will just stroll and have no real plan stroller may be best. SJ just seems so hilly that I don't know if the added weight and bulk of even our lighter weight umbrella style stroller is worth it. I work out and carry my son around by hand pretty much all day anyway, so as long as it is not oppressively hot the carrier seems ideal.

How about high chairs? Do they have them?

Thank you both so much for the insight!

I don't know about high chairs -- I did San Juan pre-kids :)