Specific Questions

MomSwag

I have not read every thread on this topic, so I apologize in advance if I'm being repetitive.

When it comes to booking a room, I have a few questions:

I've cruised once with my hubby. We just had a regular interior room on deck 7. This time, we'll have 2 teens with us.

Motion wise, do you feel it more the higher or lower you go on the ship?

Is the inside of a balcony room larger than the inside of a regular interior room?

Is there any particular advantage to booking one section over another? (Forward, middle, aft)

Noise wise, which areas do we absolutely want to avoid? (Least noise possible at bedtime)

Also, can you bring a fan on board?

We will be sailing with Carnival for this cruise.

Mid ship, mid deck is best for stability.

Carnival's standard cabins on most ships are the same size 185 sq. ft....which includes the bathroom space. Carnival has some of the larger cabins going. (Check the deck plans for sq. footage on your ship!)

You will want a deck with cabins above AND below you for the least noise possibility.

Yes...I can't go anywhere without my fan....bring something small, and in good condition. You may need an extension cord, too...NO surge suppressor, tho..that will be confiscated!

One of the features of the Conquest class of Carnival ships (and the Splendor) is that the OV cabins are larger, because the cabins above are balconies, and the space the balcony occupies is included in the inside of the OV cabin. We just did two weeks on Splendor in an OV, and was surprised at how roomy it felt until I remembered this. EM