Laundry, Laundry

Mylisa

We are in a concierge category cabin and I understand that they now offer three bags of laundry cleaned free.

Can anyone elaborate on how this is done. ie, how long does it take to get it back? How many items can fit in the bag approximately? Who arranges to send it out.

We’re on a 15 day cruise on Nautica.

We are in a concierge category cabin and I understand that they now offer three bags of laundry cleaned free.

Can anyone elaborate on how this is done. ie, how long does it take to get it back? How many items can fit in the bag approximately? Who arranges to send it out.

We’re on a 15 day cruise on Nautica.

You're allowed to put up to 20 items in the laundry bag. There's a special laundry inventory slip for the complimentary laundry that you fill out and put in the bag. Your cabin steward will send it down to the laundry. It typically took about 2 days to get the laundry back, but the instructions say to allow three days, and the last laundry you can send down is three days before disembarkation.

I can't think of anything to add! We're going to be on B2B 7 day cruises in May and probably will only do one of these on each leg because of the time lag. We were on Marina in November for a 14 day cruise and did this twice -- out cabin staff was able to get our laundry back earlier than the 3 days (but not earlier than 2!).

If you're on a longer cruise, this perk can be very handy. If you need dry-cleaning (as has been said), that would not be included.

Normally we do our own laundry but on our November cruise we didn't mind the 2-3 day delay for the few items we needed laundered.

Mura

Good question. I don't know the official answer but I would think you can. If you give them a bag of laundry a day or so before change-over, and you are staying on board in the same room, it would seem a no-brainer that it would be okay. The best person to ask is probably your cabin steward.

Just my opinion ...

It COULD be that they want the laundry area (where they do the washing and folding) totally empty on the final day of a cruise.Mura

We were on b2b in Nov/Dec and we could NOT send out anything 3 days before the end of the first. Each segment treated as separate cruise for “free” laundry. Currently on Insignia and it IS 3 FULL days to receive it back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were on b2b in Nov/Dec and we could NOT send out anything 3 days before the end of the first. Each segment treated as separate cruise for “free” laundry. Currently on Insignia and it IS 3 FULL days to receive it back.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sounds good. Thanks for passing that along. I guess we'll send out a little every day to take advantage of the perk on the shorter legs.

Definitely a good addition to the Concierge benefits.

Seems everyone is always wanting to complain about things being cut, but never seem to notice when perks are added.

I remember this past summer when O first started advertising the two new concierge perks. As soon as we saw that we went and upgraded our (44 day) B1 cabin bookings to an A3. For us, that was the little extra incentive we needed to make the move and will always book A cabins from now on because of it. Then when they temporarily pulled back on it because the suite folks were saying "what about us", and justifiably so, we got kind of worried even though we were guaranteed the 3 bags on that particular set of cruises as we had it put on our confirmation. Then they had another meeting and decided it still was a good idea for all the cabins, concierge and up. and we then went into our happy dance again. :p

Surely if you send things that need ironing, they do that as well? I can't imagine they send them back all creased, I would hope not!

The complimentary laundry is strictly "wash and fold". Nothing is ironed. We used it mostly for items that didn't require ironing. If something comes back a bit wrinkled you can always iron it yourself in the self-service laundry room.

Yes, PH and above also has the perk. We used it on Marina in November when we were in an Oceania Suite (OC).

Just be aware of the limitations ... especially that it takes 3 days to get it back (sometimes 2 if you're lucky).

Mura

Yes, PH and above also has the perk. We used it on Marina in November when we were in an Oceania Suite (OC).

Just be aware of the limitations ... especially that it takes 3 days to get it back (sometimes 2 if you're lucky).

Mura

Great perk, but there is no way we can make that amount of laundry. Used maybe 2 bags in 14 days on the T/A And did not even fill them up all the way. Still a nice thing to have.

When this perk didn't exist we probably did laundry once a week, on average. If they give us 20 items x3 over a cruise, that's fine. It saves us, what, $2 a load? A convenience factor for us, not much more than that.

Our upcoming cruise on Riviera is two 7 day itineraries,totalling 14 days, but probably not very convenient for using the feature since they won't carry over between the two itineraries. (Don't get me wrong, I can see why they won't.)

Probably we will wait until the beginning of the second leg and send out laundry then.

Or, awful thought, maybe we will do some laundry on our own! Shudder ... (only kidding, I prefer doing my own anyway.)

Mura