Disney Cruise vs RCI Symphony

collins563

My husband and I are looking to book a cruise with our 4 year old son in December to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary. We are going back and forth between an Eastern Caribbean Itinerary on either the brand new Symphony from RCI or Disney's Fantasy. We have cruised on several cruise lines before but we have not yet cruised Disney and we also have not cruised on any of the RCI oasis class ships.

With Disney being almost double the price we don't know if it's worth it. We are not planning on using the kids club on either ship for our son. The ports on the Disney cruise look better to me ( Tortola, St. Thomas, and Castaway Cay vs. St. Thomas, Nassau, and St. Kitts with RCI) but would love some perspective from anyone who has ever sailed both.

I would go with the Royal ship. Your son will enjoy Disney more when he is older. The Disney kids club encompasses to wide a spread in ages and is always very busy. Royal will give you all a good time without breaking the bank and Disney will be appreciated at 8-10 IMHO.

Opt for RCI...and I'll be very surprised if you don't make use of the amazing Adventure ocean (Aquanauts 3-5 year old) kids club once onboard and you see it for yourself and read about what is offered.

• 3 weeks later...

Royal Caribbean Symphony! We sailed Disney when DD was 4. It was special, but we enjoy Royal Caribbean a lot! DD hated the children's program on Disney--ages 3-12 together, but loves Royal Caribbean's children's program.

Symphony has so many things like the carousel, ice skating (DD ice skated for the 1st time on Allure when she was 2), fun water area, etc. There is so much to do. We also like the "My Time" dining--earlier some nights, later others--depending on ports/plans. Also, children are allowed at alternative dining on RCCL (not allowed on Disney).

St. Kitts was beautiful (we were there last year). We did a great dolphin swim, but wished we'd had more time to explore. It's an island we'd like to go back to.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums