New to Oceania - First impression

CruiseAficionado

Since being a new poster to this forum and having received a casual mention of grousing and stirring anecdotal responses I would like to set the record straight. We have been cruising since 1970 on various ships and cruise lines from NCL to Princess to Celebrity and Regent and have chosen Seabourn for our most recent cruises and have almost 100 days on them. However, we have never (and I know never is a long time) received better treatment than from the O reservation support staff. Instead of hearing “we can’t do that” we have noticed “we can do” has been the norm on O. Our booking has been somewhat frightfull in that we have made several changes to our original booking in order to make our cruise more enjoyable. These range from cabin change to adding a b2b to booking business air and then altering our business return flight. All these changes were done less than 60 days before sailing. Some we were advised by O would have a charge but “would look into” which later resulted in a refund. Add this to the no-hassle bringing wine/spirits aboard for room consumption and if what we have experienced thus far is equal to the service on board we may have found a new cruise line. Lol

BTW We found an excellent comprehensive comparison between O’s Concierge and Penthouse cabins on the Riveria that included some excellent photos and caused us to make the switch from B3 to PH2. I don’t know if I am allowed to post the link but it was done by AfterOrangeCounty.