Killing Time at EWR

Swells1

I'm finalizing my flight details for our October European cruise. This is the first time I've booked two separate flights. We're departing EWR at 7:25pm. The flight I'm looking at now will put us in Newark at 8:00am. I understand United has luggage storage service (for a fee). Even if we're back at the airport 2 full hours before our flight, and assuming we have to wait a while for our luggage, that gives us about 8 hours to kill. Any suggestions as to what we can do?

TIA

I'm finalizing my flight details for our October European cruise. This is the first time I've booked two separate flights. We're departing EWR at 7:25pm. The flight I'm looking at now will put us in Newark at 8:00am. I understand United has luggage storage service (for a fee). Even if we're back at the airport 2 full hours before our flight, and assuming we have to wait a while for our luggage, that gives us about 8 hours to kill. Any suggestions as to what we can do?

TIA

You can go into New York by train or airport bus. If you haven't done the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island you can take an Uber to Liberty State Park and take the ferry to Liberty and Ellis Islands.

We did the cruise tour after our cruise. They took our luggage with us. It gave us a 4 hr tour and we still had 5 hrs at the airport. There is not much there. We walked around and sat and made some phone calls. The tour was really good.