Should I ask for something special

Cruisin 4 Ever

I've been reading on these boards and John Heald's facebook page that people will ask for something special on their cruise if they are celebrating. For instance I saw on his page this morning he sent chocolate dipped strawberries and champagne to a couple celebrating their anniversary.

I am taking a cruise with my daughter in April for 2 reasons the main one being I had a horrible year last year when I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I had surgery to remove it followed by chemotherapy and radiation. Now that I'm cleared to travel I wanted to be sure to take a cruise to celebrate finishing treatment . The second reason is we are celebrating my daughter completing her master's degree.

So is it weird to ask to have our celebration acknowledged in some way?

Wow just posted to his page and he literally responded in less than one minute. He said to post to him again the day before the cruise and he would see what he can do to make me smile. I thought that sounded very sweet

Awesome! And congratulations for kicking cancer’s but! Good for your daughter to get a Masters degree! The sky is the limit for you both!

Something happened recently with a Facebook upgrade whereas the area to post has disappeared except on mobile device (phone).

As first time cruisers a few weeks ago, posted the day before stating first time cruisers and our cabin #'s, pleasantly surprised by a Ship On a Stick and champagne in our cabin a couple days in and parents had Ship On a Stick and chocolate covered strawberries with a note from John!